• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Kalafina, Hiroyuki Sawano Perform Aldnoah.Zero TV Anime's Songs

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Stark700

PostPosted: Sat May 10, 2014 12:04 am Reply with quote
2 more months to go..looking forward to this :3
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
DangerMouse

PostPosted: Sat May 10, 2014 12:41 am Reply with quote
Same here, looking forward to this.
KH91

PostPosted: Sat May 10, 2014 1:06 am Reply with quote
KALAFINA!!!!
Darkmagick
Subscriber

PostPosted: Sat May 10, 2014 7:08 am Reply with quote
...They have Kalafina too? If this show adds any more awesome, I'm going to start worrying that it'll never be able to live up to the hype.
gilg4mesh

PostPosted: Sat May 10, 2014 7:44 am Reply with quote
Can't, just for once, a main chara in mecha anime made to be interesting? (Code Geass ain't count k) Especially nowadays, my goodnessss... The first look at main chara design made me hopeless, though his description is interesting.

Darkmagick wrote:
...They have Kalafina too? If this show adds any more awesome, I'm going to start worrying that it'll never be able to live up to the hype.

So true.
Little_Hawk

PostPosted: Sat May 10, 2014 8:24 am Reply with quote
Kalafina just boosted this to new heights.
moichispa

PostPosted: Sat May 10, 2014 9:20 am Reply with quote
Quote:
Sora Amamiya as Asseylum Vers Allushia
She is a pacifist who carries the aura of a princess.

Pacifist dressed in white + Urobuchi = Suffering

Nominated for butcher award.
omiya

PostPosted: Sat May 10, 2014 12:23 pm Reply with quote
Little_Hawk wrote:
Kalafina just boosted this to new heights.

Nice young women:

Rosalena

PostPosted: Sat May 10, 2014 1:32 pm Reply with quote
Darkmagick wrote:

I couldn't possible agree more! My expectations for this series are through the roof right now Very Happy
v1cious

PostPosted: Sat May 10, 2014 1:53 pm Reply with quote
Damn, Summer's looking better than spring.
Kaioshin_Sama

PostPosted: Sat May 10, 2014 6:04 pm Reply with quote
Darkmagick wrote:

Probably because it won't. See Guilty Crown, Valvrave and every other time Aniplex has tried to make an "epic show" by grabbing whatever names are popular and putting them on a project. This show is going to be trying so hard to be bleeding edge and "Cool Japan" that it's going to tear itself apart from the inside out and just forget to tell a proper coherent story.

That won't matter though because people will be too busy paying attention to all the marketing and gimmicks they're going to be throwing at people which is why I'm so over getting hyped about series like this. I'll watch it and if it's good then it's good, but I'm not exactly expecting greatness. Plus there's again just too many popular names on this series with today's audience for it to ever be properly vetted anyway.
jojothepunisher

PostPosted: Sat May 10, 2014 7:05 pm Reply with quote
When they say Sawano Hiroyuki performing the ending, does that mean he will actually be the vocalist for it? That is something new.

They must make something more epic than Madoka Magica to live up to the hype this anime has so far generated.
Sam Murai

PostPosted: Sat May 10, 2014 9:14 pm Reply with quote
jojothepunisher wrote:
When they say Sawano Hiroyuki performing the ending, does that mean he will actually be the vocalist for it? That is something new.

They must make something more epic than Madoka Magica to live up to the hype this anime has so far generated.

More likely than not, the ED he will be contributing will probably be an instrumental piece (given the somber, epic feel of the show, I suppose that is fitting). It's not unheard of, though, see Rurouni Kenshin: Trust & Betrayal ED (by series' composer), Now and Then, Here and There OP, Cowboy Bebop OP (sans opening vocals), Mushishi EDs (by series' composer), Baccano! OP, Marvel Anime OPs & EDs (by series' composer).
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
joisu

PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2014 4:28 pm Reply with quote
jojothepunisher wrote:

This cracked me up. Sorry. Just can't imagine Hiroyuki Sawano singing yet xD Maybe Hiroyuki Sawano will composed the song and someone will sing it like Mika Kobayashi. Smile
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1