• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Which anime has your favourite music and why?

Goto page Previous    Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Music
View previous topic :: View next topic  
victor viper

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 10:08 am Reply with quote
I'd probably have to say Evangelion. As another poster pointed out, the music overall is sufficiently grand in scale, and there are so many pieces that stand out. A Cruel Angel's Thesis and Fly Me to the Moon have become iconic, there's the use of Bach in End of Evangelion, Come Sweet Death will be on my stereo if the end of the world ever seems imminent, and there are so many other memorable songs from the show (Both of You, Dance like you Want to Win, Thanatos, and the list goes on).

A close second would be Noir. You have to give credit to any soundtrack that contains Salva Nos and Canta Per Me.
By_the_Jelly_Beans?

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 8:36 am Reply with quote
MrDandi97 wrote:
Death Note
All tracks personify their respective characters perfectly and the opening is one of the best anime openings.
Angel Beats
A lot of variety between the tracks and the track itself.
Clannad:After Story
The main composer Jun Maeda is also the series creator so he can adapt all tracks to the characters and story he created.
Needless
All tracks are from GranRodeo.

Needless did have a pretty good soundtrack to it.....I'm having a problem remembering Death Note's though. Been awhile since I watched it, although I want to say I agree with you on it being good. I'd have to re-watch to see how well it fits the characters.
continous

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 6:40 pm Reply with quote
Angel Beats, lots of variety, and they all had their own unique feel.

Oh and the fictional band, to die for. In every aspect.
Panzer Vor

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2013 6:17 pm Reply with quote
Apart from the usual suspects (anything with music by Yoko Kanno or Yuki Kajiura, for instance), one title that stands out for me would have to be none other than Girls und Panzer. While the original music composed for it is solid in its own right, what makes the soundtrack outstanding for me is the usage of historical martial music. A true moment of musical awesome: Episode 8, where the women of Pravda sing "Katyusha" in surprisingly good Russian. The full version available on the OST album is definitely worth checking out, too. Other gems available on the OST: "British Grenadiers," "Erika," "Battle Hymn of the Republic" (or "Blood on the Risers," whichever's more to your liking), "Polyushko-polye," "Panzerlied," "The Army Goes Rolling Along."
yotsubafanfan

PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2013 10:27 pm Reply with quote
Ranma 1/2- I love 80's and 90's music so the Ranma 1/2 openings and endings were a dream come true!

Kimagure Orange Road- The music is amazing, as well as its music from the 80's which I adore, I also can't help but think that if my Mom lived in Japan (She never did and never will) she could have watched that anime since it was on when she was right out of high school.

Urusei Yatsura- All the songs are amazing, all the songs are upbeat and peppy and its just a lot of fun to listen to these songs.

Neon Genesis Evangeleon- More than likely has the best theme song in anime history, I mean I can listen to that songs a million times and not get over how amazing it is!

Lucky Star- Just to make it clear I DO NOT like the opening song (Well at least until it got to the part when they were in the cheer leading uniforms but I don't like how they were chanting and stuff) but I do like the songs on the albums, especially Minoru Shiraishi's rendition of Mikuru's character song from "The Melachony of Haruhi Suzimiya" and the song "Gravity", "Gravity" has easily became on of my all time favorite songs in anime and the theme song my twin sister and I sing when someone is driving crazy (like our Dad, Mom, Youth Minister, other Youth advisor, bus driver, etc.)

Inuyasha What is it with anime by Rumiko Takahashi that always gets amazing songs, all of them have amazing songs, I mean this is the third anime by her that has made the list of my favorite anime's with music! But the songs are amazing, every opening, every ending, they always seem to gain my love. But my favorite by far is the first ending "My Will", its just fantastic.
Lost_Shy_One

PostPosted: Thu Jun 27, 2013 9:48 pm Reply with quote
Psycho-Pass - I don't really have a reason, it's just that Chelly sings some of the songs and I love her voice.

Guilty Crown - I loved the OST and even downloaded a bunch of songs just from that one series. [supercell did the music; which I like.]
7jaws7

PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2013 2:06 am Reply with quote
1. I know I don't have to put my favorite anime, but I will, because Strike Witches really does have a terrific OST, one of the most underrated IMO. I would love to sit through an entire concert playing those rousing themes. You could almost tell the story of that anime just by playing its music.

2. Number two on my list might as well be my second favorite anime. The reasons why I love the music in Puella Magi Madoka Magica are very similar to why I love the music in Strike Witches.

(These are my top two for good reason, I've learned to play a particular piece from both soundtracks on the piano, that's how much I enjoy hearing the music.)

3. While it isn't my third favorite anime, I definitely have to give Angel Beats! the third spot on my list of favorite music. After all, I have an entire playlist dedicated to Girls Dead Monster on my iPod.

Honorable Mentions: Samurai Champloo, Rurouni Kenshin, Gurren Lagann, K-On!
Wrathful

PostPosted: Thu Aug 22, 2013 5:00 am Reply with quote
Aside from Haibane Renmei, I want to say Mawaru Penguindrum. It's not exactly a moodsetting masterpiece but the music fits the anime. The music throughout the series really compliments the colourful asthetic and the flamboyance going on in the show. For such a series with very dark theme and subject matter, it had very melodic music that sounded hopeful at the same time.
eight_car

PostPosted: Tue Nov 26, 2013 10:33 pm Reply with quote
Macross: Mari Iijima is just pure awesome singin as Minmei

Macross DYRL: Ai Oboete Imasu Ka is still one of the most moving songs in all of anime history

Macross Frontier: May'N singing is the best Macross has seen in the franchise since Mari Iijima

Angel Beats!: Girls Dead Monster & the solo by the lead singer really nails it

AKB0048: Voice and all the singing done by MEMBERS of AKB48
DjGreekhunter

PostPosted: Sun May 11, 2014 4:42 pm Reply with quote
Very nice Thread! To the point: Until now from a small list of finished anime titles only 4 made my heart "beating" like crazy with their music ==>

1)Fairy tail:
Dragonslayer Theme->
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JniTUp0XfuE
Fairy Tail main theme->
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m6kb96YWXMA
The Last Magic->http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uw5TArZ56sA
Released Power->http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8de2pwEVVFg

With "The Last Magic" & "Released Power" my personal favorites. No words for the main theme which too the award 2010 of the best opening.

2)To Aru Majutsu No Index->
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=etCH7Mnt0Wg

3)Sword Art Online->
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p6hWmPpI_A8
Feelings.... Sad Sad (i'm "OTOKO" keep it together <-)
(Although i don't hear much about that genre anime titles mb cause most think they are "shallow". Personally i don't agree, but it's only my thoughts)

4)Shakugan no Shana->
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0xszFNpb0ko
Recently finished anime. At start i thought it was a pretty mid anime title, but as the plot continued i felt more "addicted" to see how it ends (i was ready to drop it). Of course the opening was 1 of the reasons i didn't droped it!

**I'm sure i haven't already discovered some of the best themes in anime titles, but i'm on it!!! Although i doubt i would find something better than Fairy Tail! Anime catgrin Anime catgrin

Wink Wink Laughing Laughing
Olyvia Saylor

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2014 2:08 am Reply with quote
TsunaReborn!

PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2014 4:05 pm Reply with quote
For me there are two soundtracks that stick out.

The first isAnohana's whenever I hear the opening or ending songs on my iPod I start to tear up, I know this is because of the emotions I felt whilst viewing but it did a fabulous job. Also loved the scene scores as they set an even greater tone.

The second would be Eureka Seven's as the music is so good. Each opening and closing theme is a joy to listen to; I would watch each one just to listen to the music. I also had to buy Supercar's self titled album for Storywriter because it was so damn good!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
SolidSnake1111

PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2014 6:52 pm Reply with quote
I love Digimon Adventure's opening theme song Butter-Fly and Digimon Tamers' The Biggest Dreamer. They're just great songs, though I do like both series so there's also that. Razz
thebeats42

PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2014 1:50 am Reply with quote
I really like Bios from Guilty Crown. I don't know the meaning of the song but I like the tune of it.
Heishi

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2016 1:51 am Reply with quote
Some of my favorite anime have some of the best music around.

Karas, with its awesome orchestral track that sorta reminds me of Batman. Fits perfectly for the title character. Got a snazzy ED song, too.

Destiny of the Shrine Maiden is another one I love. Mina Kubota did such a great job capturing some of the most emotional soundtracks I've ever heard in any form of media. Beautifully well done, and of course, KOTOKO's OP and ED songs just make things even better!

Casshern Sins - Another splendid soundtrack by the same composer of Samurai 7, Inuyasha, and Tekkaman Blade. Definitely got that depressing and foreboding with some peaceful ones including a really nice vocal song. I'd would say this one is my favorite one from the entire Casshern franchise.

Some other great soundtracks are from the following shows and I won't go into detail on these but they have some awesome, awesome, tunes:

Death Note
Needless
Casshan: Robot Hunter
Cardcaptor Sakura
Lain
Durarara
Shigurui
Vison of Escaflowne
C: Money of Soul
Bleach
Attack on Titan
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Music All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 12 of 15