• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Vintage for Licca-chan to Yamaneko Hoshi no Tabi

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Encyclopedia
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Calathan
Subscriber

PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2014 12:03 am Reply with quote
I was wanting to enter a vintage for Licca-chan to Yamaneko Hoshi no Tabi, but wasn't sure what date to enter. The anime was apparently produced as a movie in 1994, but ended up not being released theatrically. It was eventually released direct to video in 1997. See for instance http://www.allcinema.net/prog/show_c.php?num_c=235913, which says it was produced in 1994 but gives a release date of 9/12/97 (Alternatively, Amazon.co.jp gives a release date of 4/12/98. Since other sources say 9/12/97 and mention it being released with cards and a Licca doll, I'm guessing Amazon's date is a later release of just the anime). The packaging seems to list a date of 1994 most prominently, but also lists a copyright date of 1997 (see http://p.twpl.jp/show/orig/3xfUE for a good picture of the packaging). Which is the appropriate date to enter for vintage, 1994, or 9/12/97? I know movies are supposed to have a vintage based on when they finished production, while OAVs and TV series usually have a vintage of when they get released, but I'm not sure what to do for an anime that was produced as a movie but then released as an OAV.
Calathan
Subscriber

PostPosted: Sun May 11, 2014 7:20 pm Reply with quote
I decided to enter both 1994 and 1997-09-12 as separate vintages with a comment for each, as that was the best way I could think of to handle this situation. Hopefully that was a good way to enter the information.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Encyclopedia All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1