• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: North American Anime, Manga Releases, May 11-17

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
darkchibi07

PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2014 6:08 pm Reply with quote
Oh yeah, the Sasameki Koto manga comes out today, huh.
fuuma_monou

PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2014 1:42 am Reply with quote
darkchibi07 wrote:

Yup. Already bought it from my local comic shop. For some reason Right Stuf's listed release date is June 11.
TsunaReborn!

PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2014 2:03 am Reply with quote
From the New World is being released quicker than I can get preorders in Laughing
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
zensunni

PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2014 10:35 am Reply with quote
fuuma_monou wrote:
darkchibi07 wrote:

Yup. Already bought it from my local comic shop. For some reason Right Stuf's listed release date is June 11.

I got my copy from Amazon early in the month. It is as good as I remembered it, but there are a few translation/proof reading issues.
Polycell

PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2014 11:57 am Reply with quote
My copy had speech bubbles with untranslated text; one of the extra pages even had most of its still in Japanese. Scanlators have better QC.
wonderwomanhero

PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2014 12:24 pm Reply with quote
I loved Bantorra. Its a very underrated series. Shelley Calene-Black was amazing as Haymuts. I wish it got more love, and I wish the manga and novel was released stateside...
rinkwolf10

PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2014 3:59 pm Reply with quote
wonderwomanhero wrote:
I loved Bantorra. Its a very underrated series. Shelley Calene-Black was amazing as Haymuts. I wish it got more love, and I wish the manga and novel was released stateside...

I watched it and I felt so uninvested in the plot. It was trying to have so many plot twists that it started to trip over itself and went into the realm of the ridiculous. They especially went wild with characters pasts. Like they were all completely opposite of who you see them as in the current time line of the story. Characters died in such weird ways and it felt awkward more then emotionally moving.

They still made it to the end and if you strain your mind some you can see how they got there, but it didn't feel fluid. It felt like they were going for a surprise twist like Berserk did with the Golder Arc. But in Berserk you know how they got to that conclusion but you just didn't want to accept it. It felt very viable and the clues through out the arc do indeed point to such an ending, but you just didn't want to believe it. Where as in Bantorra, you also understand some what of how they got to their conclusion but it felt like a gimmick more so then an actual plot line. It jumped from plot point to plot point in such a way, that it was basically saying, "okay, now watch this and accept it with no hesitation". Where as in Berserk the plot points where revealed in such a way that you can accept them and agree with them. It was the shock factor of the conclusion that gets you, but you have to accept that it's plausible because of the plot points leading up to the conclusion where plausible in as well in Berserk.

In the end, the show took me 3 tires to finish and about 9 months time from the first episode to the last. It felt like a chore to watch.
TsukasaElkKite

PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2014 9:21 am Reply with quote
I was able to get Sasamekikoto on May 2 from Amazon.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1