• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Heavy Metal anime music?

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Music
View previous topic :: View next topic  
JackBassV

PostPosted: Fri May 14, 2004 5:32 pm Reply with quote
I have to admit, but I can't think of any Anime soundtracks that I'd consider Rock, let alone HM.
Bubblegum Crash, Crisis and 2040 have a good rock sound.

But Try some Japanese Thrash instead:

Mad Capsule Markets, SOB-Kaiden, SOB and Hojokaiden are all good.

Osc-Dis from MCM and Noise, Violence & Destroy from SOB-Kaiden are great Twisted Evil
DrSkrud

PostPosted: Fri May 14, 2004 7:23 pm Reply with quote
Well, there's always Black Heaven... but other than the theme song by John Sykes (Whitesnake, Thin Lizzy, Sykes), there isn't much metal. Some good guitar stuff nonetheless.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
Zankoku Na Tenshi

PostPosted: Thu Jul 01, 2004 10:38 am Reply with quote
L'arc~En~Ciel is like my favorite band, but Ready Steady Go wasn't as good as I thought... Sad
Iron Chef

PostPosted: Wed Jul 07, 2004 5:51 pm Reply with quote
I just saw that the German version of X TV has the OP & ED songs done by the self-described "orchestral metal" band Within Temptation. If you're looking for a heavier, prettier, grander and overall WAY better version of Evanescence I'd suggest checking them out.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger My Anime My Manga
Kawaii Moon Kitty

PostPosted: Fri Jul 09, 2004 12:13 am Reply with quote
Two that come immediately to mind when I think of heavy are Ya' Know from Bubblegum Crisis: Tokyo 2040 and LIVE From Baghdad from Cowboy Bebop.
transensdental

PostPosted: Mon Jul 12, 2004 1:06 am Reply with quote
Twisted Evil well i just posted about this kinda an well guilty gear x ...intro was cool... not sure what class it was cause their was no singing anyways ..was hopin kill bill was gonna have a good sound track ..before i watched the movie, i was sadly disappointed , it lacked metal ...for a kinda real life/anime movie spin...could have been better ..

dimmu borgir should do an intro to anime movie ie berzerk if, when they make a new series..or some death metal band ..it would be fitting.. Exclamation
Iron Chef

PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2004 2:39 am Reply with quote
So I watched the first episode from an OVA called Toumakishinden Oni, and the soundtrack is pretty much the heaviest thing I've heard behind anime. But there is next to NOTHING on the web regarding this show, so if anyone should find anything out...drop a line.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger My Anime My Manga
Iceman!

PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2004 10:05 pm Reply with quote
Heavy Metal Queen from Cowboy Bebop is pretty heavy as far as anime music goes.
anime_kid

PostPosted: Fri Oct 01, 2004 11:13 pm Reply with quote
wizard55 wrote:
I am trying to find some anime music my friends would enjoy and all they like is the heavy metal/rob zombie/eminem music with the real hard guitars and all that....

The only anime music i found that had a heavy beat to it (which eve i could tollerate) was Geneshafts opening (its cool!!)

any others out there??

i think this should work.
http://www.fanfic.net/~jeffwong/naruto_second_op_-_haruka_kanata.mp3 naruto 2nd opening song "the far far side" by ASIAN KUNG-FU GENERATION. this is a japanese rock song. (if thats your stlye)
Slayer

PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2004 11:18 pm Reply with quote
Nagisa wrote:
Captain Jack Sparrow wrote:
O/T: You could also introduce your friends to some of the older metal bands like Led Zepplin, Black Sabbath, AC/DC, bands like that. Ah, good stuff. Anime smallmouth

Yes yes yes! After all these years, the originals are still the best. Don't forget The Doors, Rush, & Pink Floyd, too.

I Have to say that what they are saying is true. I personally like System of a Down but most of what is NU-Metal isnt that great. Led Zep, BLack Sab, ACDC, RUSH , the FLOYD are all very great. YOU can also try Pantera or TOOL or something. BUt I ALSO RECOMMEND METallica (KIll em all, Ride the lightning, Master of Puppets, ..ANd JUstice for all) Megadeth ( RUst in peace, Peace Sells but whos buying) Slayer (Reign in BLood, SOuth of Heaven, Seasons of the abyss). I have to say starting at the real basics of rock and metal doesnt work for everyone. SLowly regress starting with Pantera and NIrvana and tool. THen go to SLayer, MEtallica, Megadeth. THen Ozzy(blizzard of ozz), BlackSabbath, ANd LEd.
FairyTailFan2014

PostPosted: Sun May 18, 2014 8:52 pm Reply with quote
if you guys want true anime music that contains Heavy Metal, check out all the soundtracks to Fairy Tail, the majority of the anime is heavy metal music
SpacemanHardy

PostPosted: Sun May 18, 2014 9:29 pm Reply with quote
Tony K.
Subscriber

PostPosted: Sun May 18, 2014 11:52 pm Reply with quote
FairtyTaleFan2014, please observe our policy on necroposting. Thanks.
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Music All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3