• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
The X Button - After Dark

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
v1cious

PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2014 2:24 pm Reply with quote
FYI: They just announced in the new Famitsu that Impa is a playable character in Hyrule Warriors. They also announced co-op multplayer.
lizardking461

PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2014 2:48 pm Reply with quote
I'm assuming, as per usual, that this article was published just before a relevant announcement was made Anime hyper for more details on Hyrule Warriors: http://www.zeldainformer.com/news/new-hyrule-warrior-images-story-details-impa-is-playable-and-more#.U30Cu1hdUVE
belvadeer

PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2014 3:36 pm Reply with quote
It is a shame that Darkstalkers hasn't had a new entry in over ten years now. It's true, all Morrigan and a few of the others will be good for is making appearances in crossovers and side stuff. Glad to hear this book includes Cross Edge and Project X Zone, since it's always fun to see fighter characters adhering to RPG rules; for example, Morrigan's powerful according to Darkstalkers canon, but her INT stat is the only thing she actually has good growth for in Cross Edge (her other stats grow averagely in comparison) and her signature moves (Soul Fist and Shadow Blade) actually heal the final boss because he absorbs darkness element attacks, making her a liability unless you choose to stick with her physical moves.

Felicia, lol, everyone picks her for their final party because she combos with everything, just like Guile! XD

Demitri and Lilith, ha, recruiting them is the hardest part of all, let's not even get into their stats. Basically if you make just one mistake or miss just one event in their recruitment tree, you essentially screwed yourself out of getting them. Knowing Idea Factory and their time sensitive recruitment drives, it's annoying when you realize it later.

I find it kind of funny that Felicia did appear in Namco x Capcom alongside Morrigan, Demitri, Lilith and Lei Lei, then appeared in Marvel vs. Capcom 3 with just Morrigan and Lei Lei, but did not appear in Project X Zone at all (neither did Lilith oddly). Probably they couldn't think of a quirky enough partner for her like being teamed up with King in NxC.

Regarding the character designs, I think Rikuo could have looked a lot better if he was an actual monstrous fishman. That "princely" face of his actually wrecked whatever intimidation factor he may have had. Look at those concept ideas; the last two on the top and the two on the bottom would have worked far better for him. If you're going to base these guys on classic movie monsters, Japan, be sure to pay attention to the source material. The Gill-man was a monster man, not a handsome prince in fish form. Just saying.
v1cious

PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2014 4:32 pm Reply with quote
belvadeer wrote:
It is a shame that Darkstalkers hasn't had a new entry in over ten years now. It's true, all Morrigan and a few of the others will be good for is making appearances in crossovers and side stuff.

Aren't they working on a reboot? I remember they had that "Not Dead" trailer like a year ago.

Last edited by v1cious on Wed May 21, 2014 6:35 pm; edited 1 time in total
IanC

PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2014 4:44 pm Reply with quote
From what i heard, the poor sales of the HD re-release put a hold on anew title Sad
Cetais

PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2014 5:30 pm Reply with quote
Finished writing my text for the contest. A bit late, but not too late!

I hope someone will enjoy it. At least a single one. It would be a first for me.
Panoptican

PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2014 5:56 pm Reply with quote
I backed Amplitude and I'm worried it won't make it. That big jump in funding happened when they offered a limited $35 tier a day or two ago. There were 1000 slots that were snatched up pretty fast. Most probably jumped from the $20 tier to that one, adding about $150,000 in a short period. Barring something like that happening again I think it will be close.

If it comes down to the wire they should open that tier up to a few hundred more people. I actually missed the chance and would upgrade to it if I could. A few hundred more upgrading to that tier and I think it will make it for sure.
Just-another-face

PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2014 6:13 pm Reply with quote
v1cious wrote:
Aren't they working on a reboot? I remember they had that "Not Dead" trailer like a year ago.

You couldn't have just quoted the one part of his text that you wanted to ask about instead of the entire thing?
v1cious

PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2014 6:35 pm Reply with quote
Just-another-face wrote:
v1cious wrote:

You couldn't have just quoted the one part of his text that you wanted to ask about instead of the entire thing?

Noted. Wasn't thinking about it at the time.
Vent

PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2014 7:02 pm Reply with quote
Literally any of those Rikuo designs would be better than what they decided on.
thepsychogamer

PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2014 7:55 pm Reply with quote
I'm pretty sure the newest installment in "How the hell did this get localized" series, Monster Monpiece is also releasing next week
toddc

PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2014 9:05 pm Reply with quote
Vent wrote:
Literally any of those Rikuo designs would be better than what they decided on.

Really? I think the final design is curiously attractive.
Asrialys

PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2014 12:55 am Reply with quote
It may not be on the 27th, but Watch Dogs is coming to Wii U too...
El-ahrairah

PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2014 10:13 am Reply with quote
About the Drakengard 3 contest. I'm sorry if this has already been asked.

Do you need to put your mailing address in the e-mail along with your short story? Or should you wait to see if you've won anything? I sent a story in, but I was worry it might not be accepted because I didn't put any other info in my e mail.

Also, are you allowed to enter both the main contest and the Worst Thing Ever contest? Or just one or the other?

Are swear/dirty words allowed? That might seem stupid, but I wasn't sure if you were going to post the winning story[s] on ANN.

Finally, can two people who live in the same house both enter the contest? I have a brother who might want to send a story in, although that might be cutting it close (even if it's allowed).

Man, I wish I had asked all this earlier. Embarassed

Edit: I forgot, my mom told me to send my short story as an attachment in the e mail, but I didn't do that. I put my story in the text of the e mail itself, is that alright? Confused

Last edited by El-ahrairah on Thu May 22, 2014 12:34 pm; edited 1 time in total
EnigmaticSky

PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2014 10:52 am Reply with quote
I would buy darkstalkers resurrection so fast if it came out on steam. I could get it on PSN I guess, but I'm not a big fan of downloading games on my PS3; something about not actually owning a disc feels weird.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2