• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Sword Art Online II (TV).

Goto page   Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Stark700

PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2014 4:43 pm Reply with quote

Sword Art Online II (TV)

Genres: action, drama, fantasy, romance
Themes: guns, survival game

Plot Summary: One year after the SAO incident was resolved, Kazuto Kirigaya is adjusting to a normal life once again as best he can. He thinks all that death is finally behind him, until he is approached with some startling information. In the wildly popular pro shooter MMO Gun Gale Online, an ominous player has shot players in the game, and the same players mysteriously turned up dead in real life. Kazuto feels himself being pulled in as if by the shadow of SAO and agrees to investigate. He must now tread back into the dark world of his past with the help of the troubled, ice-cold sniper Shinon as he searches for the player who only refers to himself as "Death Gun."
----------------------------------

Anime Marathon Discussion (Nov. 6th, 2015 - Nov. 15th, 2015) starts here

----------------------------------

Looks like CR made its announcement earlier and not surprised here. It also doesn't surprise me that the show got a sequel considering its popularity. But anyways, I haven't read the LN for this part yet although I am somewhat looking forward to this. The PV so far doesn't show much though but I hope it will be decent. I had mixed feelings for the first season but that was awhile ago. Oh and we get a new character judging by the premise, a girl named Sinon. The concept of guns involved in this season seems kinda interesting.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Bango

PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2014 2:08 am Reply with quote
... So SAO goes tournament? Geez. I didn't hate the show like everyone else I hang out with (although I wouldn't call it great either) but I have a real serious hate on for tournament plots. I'll give it a shot but I wouldn't be shocked if I end up dropping it. How heavy the tournament part is will determine most of it for me.

That said, I do love the designs I've seen for it and I like guns (tho I'm not a gun otaku. I can ID, like, 6 of them)
Chiibi

PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2014 12:03 pm Reply with quote
Not thrilled about the gun premise but it's SAO so I'm in. :p
potatopurplexs3

PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2014 2:24 pm Reply with quote
Is there any particular reason why Kirito is playing a girl? Anyways, very excited for this. The first season was pretty good, until they introduced Sugu.(bleh.) Hopefully this season is good throughout and doesn't drop in quality like an anchor halfway trough.
Vaisaga

PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2014 4:01 pm Reply with quote
potatopurplexs3 wrote:
Is there any particular reason why Kirito is playing a girl?

He's not, his avatar is just really girly looking.

Also Suguha is the best character so Razz

Honestly I'm not very excited for this. I liked season 1, but it ended in such a perfect way that no continuation is necessary. Knowing that my favourite characters are going to be sidelined doesn't help my motivation either. I'll still watch it, of course, but I don't see it becoming something I eagerly anticipate every week (season one was never really like that in the first place). It'll all depend on how much Sinon ends up appealing to me. I doubt she'll come close to Suguha, though.

I wonder if this season will be even more popular in the States, though. You Americans do love your guns Wink
potatopurplexs3

PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2014 7:42 pm Reply with quote
Vaisaga wrote:
potatopurplexs3 wrote:
Is there any particular reason why Kirito is playing a girl?

He's not, his avatar is just really girly looking.

Also Suguha is the best character so Razz

So instead of being a generic anime character, he's a bishi now? That's.... a step up actually. In regards to Sugu, maybe it was the dub's fault, but I couldn't stand her. She had some neat development, but she was so annoying.
Chiibi

PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2014 8:43 pm Reply with quote
potatopurplexs3 wrote:
In regards to Sugu, maybe it was the dub's fault, but I couldn't stand her. She had some neat development, but she was so annoying.

Oh no, I assure you, it's not the dub's fault. Lol, I also despise Miss "Pity-Me-Because-I-Have-A-Crush-On-My-Cousin-Whose-Girlfriend-Is-In-A-Coma-Plus-Boobs-OMG,Look-I-Have-BOOBS!"

Sugublah is the Scrappy of SAO. I know others dislike her.

Last edited by Chiibi on Fri May 23, 2014 8:48 pm; edited 1 time in total
getchman
Space Cowboy

PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2014 8:46 pm Reply with quote
well yeah, she's a girl, they tend to have them
Chiibi

PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2014 8:50 pm Reply with quote
getchman wrote:

Har har, fifteen-year-old girls who are that short do not have F-cups.
Don't get smart with me-she was "Miss Fanservice" and you know it.
FenixFiesta

PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2014 9:03 pm Reply with quote
Quote:

Welcome to anime where most female characters have a cup size MUCH larger than they should...?
getchman
Space Cowboy

PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2014 9:10 pm Reply with quote
Chiibi wrote:
getchman wrote:

I don't know, I'm sure Key has seen some things
Chiibi

PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2014 9:23 pm Reply with quote
FenixFiesta wrote:
Quote:

Welcome to anime where most female characters have a cup size MUCH larger than they should...?

I wouldn't say "most". Anyway, it's not about the size as much as it is about defining the character's identity. There are several cases where a female character has large breasts...but the anime doesn't only focus on that.

I read on another site somewhere...how a reviewer described Suguha as....what was it...ah yes, "a walking pair of breasts."

And I loled because accurate. Laughing

Anyway, guys, I wish to stop discussing this aspect of Suguha because I've gone through this before several times. I don't like her, I'm never going to like her, and I'm happy someone else doesn't like her. Just let me have this. :p
Vaisaga

PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2014 10:50 pm Reply with quote
Well, it is an objective fact that Suguha had more service shots than the other girls. Not that I'm complaining.

And I've seen news articles about 12 year old models with breasts that large. It's all those growth horomones they pump into our meat products, don'tcha know.

And Suguha is hardly short.

Saying her identity is only her breasts is a very narrow view. Her struggles with her feelings for Kazuto, her deciding to move on only to have her heart broken again was far more engaging than... Whatever Asuna's problem was supposed to be. Personal preferences aside, Suguha is a much better developed and realised character than Asuna is.

You're definitely not alone in your opinion, though. From what I can tell there's a pretty even split beween the Asuna and Suguha camps. I've clearly chosen my side Very Happy
Key

PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2014 11:19 pm Reply with quote
getchman wrote:
I don't know, I'm sure Key has seen some things

While a build like Sugu's is unusual, I never found it to be so much of a stretch that you could fairly label her breast size as being her only defining characteristic. Yes, the series did seem to make a point of including a few shots which emphasized her rack, but it didn't do so to a degree typical of, say, a fan service-focused series.

And height has nothing to do with it; back during my college days I worked with a girl (she was probably 17 at the time) who was barely 5 feet tall but had a rack that would have probably rivaled Sugu's despite a more slender figure.

Oh, and the news about CR streaming this was announced at Anime Central last weekend.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Chiibi

PostPosted: Sat May 24, 2014 12:10 pm Reply with quote
Vaisaga wrote:
Personal preferences aside, Suguha is a much better developed and realised character than Asuna is.

Ok....how?
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page   Next
Page 1 of 115