• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn Adds Ninja Class

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Legendzerox

PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2014 11:48 am Reply with quote
Too bad I can't play the game cause Square Enix's crap website won't accept my credit card. Which I easily use on Steam and Amazon.
Lactobacillus yogurti

PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2014 11:51 am Reply with quote
Tried buying game cards?
Arsenette

PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2014 11:54 am Reply with quote
Slight nitpick Embarassed Rogue is the base "Class" and Ninja is the quested "Job" at level 30 (like all other Jobs). Other than that I'm totally stoked! I have all other jobs at max rank waiting to level another one!

Here's an article with the descriptions:

http://2p.com/6988278_1/About-Rogue-amp-Ninja---Final-Fantasy-XIV-A-Realm-Reborn-Interview-at-E3-2014-by-flamedust.htm
everydaygamer

PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2014 12:26 pm Reply with quote
ugg, i really wish i had the money to resubscribe. Still haven't done any of the 2.2 stuff and 2.3 is just around the corner.
Zellion

PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2014 12:36 pm Reply with quote
Looks pretty fun. But I'm waiting on samurai. As soon as they bring that out, I'll be back.
Ryusui

PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2014 2:34 pm Reply with quote
To the author: you do know that "Surineur" and "Schurke" are supposed to be French and German for "Rogue," right?
Rahxephon91

PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2014 2:41 pm Reply with quote
Oh so Rogue is'nt a job. It's the base class that turns into the Ninja? That's lame. I thought they were going to be two seperate jobs, probably with PUG as a base and mixed with hunter for Rogue and thaumaturge for Ninja. I guess it well Rogue and thaumaturge.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime
Arsenette

PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2014 3:00 pm Reply with quote
I wish they would fix the article. It's misleading for those who actually play the game. Classes start at level 1 and Jobs are opened at level 30 provided you met the requirements.

I'm happy that it's Rogue at level 1 and then Ninja opens at 30 as a job. Otherwise you'd have a crapload of level 50 Ninja's without knowing wtf they are doing. LOL

The new Tank and new Healer classes will be announced at the Fanfest (October/November). They will not be ready until the Expansion (next year). The "gun" class has been postponed past that since they can't get it work for some reason.
varmintx

PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2014 8:32 pm Reply with quote
Not mentioned in the article, but marriage is also being implemented.
Etrien

PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2014 7:47 am Reply with quote
varmintx wrote:
Not mentioned in the article, but marriage is also being implemented.

Not just marriage, but marriage equality is being implemented. Wink

Rahxephon91 wrote:
Oh so Rogue is'nt a job. It's the base class that turns into the Ninja? That's lame. I thought they were going to be two seperate jobs, probably with PUG as a base and mixed with hunter for Rogue and thaumaturge for Ninja. I guess it well Rogue and thaumaturge.

I'd say it's a pretty safe assumption that Thief will be the other job that branches off from Rogue, though we may not get it immediately. Just like Ninja adds Ninjutsu job abilities to the Rogue moveset, Thief would likely add stealing and loot related abilities.

And yes, that article has multiple strange errors in it, as has already been pointed out.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1