• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
REVIEW: One Piece Season 5 Part 6 DVD

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jr240483

PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2014 11:44 am Reply with quote
Quote:
While this arc does little to really further the main plot, it isn't entirely devoid of merit, although it is a bit of a come-down from the massive battle between Ace and Teach that opens the set.

unfortunately that is the whole saving grace of this set. if that episode wasnt there, better believe nobody would even touch this set. i have seen filler archs before , unfortunately this one is mediocre at best.

and to be frank,compared to other filler archs like the three tails hunt arc on naruto shippuden , the zanpato rebellion arc on bleach and the time clock tower / neo oracion seis arc on fairy tail , this filler arc is definitely bad and not worth the time.

unless your a completest or like the one ep with ace and blackbeard.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Tuor_of_Gondolin

PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2014 11:53 am Reply with quote
jr0904,

Unfortunately, that one episode is crucial for setting up some very significant happenings to the storyline down the road. I *really* hate it when they pull crap like putting in one real episode and having the entire rest of the release being disposable filler.
AsherFischell

PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2014 1:38 pm Reply with quote
This is possibly the worst filler arc in all of One Piece. A few episodes into it, I watched it sped up so I didn't have to waste as much time.
yappers4

PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2014 4:18 pm Reply with quote
Not the best theme song? But I love Jungle P.
Princess_Irene
ANN Reviewer

PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2014 5:26 pm Reply with quote
Well, for context my favorite One Piece song is "Shouchi no Suke," so I guess this one just isn't as much my taste. Wink
thekingsdinner

PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2014 6:11 pm Reply with quote
"Not the best theme song"? Really, that's a complaint? Isn't that more of an opinion kinda thing? I love that certain theme song.

I liked this arc. Ok, it's not very memorable and is probably OK at best to most people, but I liked it and would watch it again.
The Ace vs Blackbeard episode always escapes my mind for some reason, everytime I see it it just goes by so fast I barely remember a thing. The Chopperman episode on the other hand is genius.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Gina Szanboti

PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2014 4:48 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
One actor's location may raise some eyebrows in light of relatively recent news about another

Could someone spoil this for me? I have no idea what she's referring to, but my curiosity is piqued. I'm not even sure what "another" refers to - actor or location - so I don't even know what to go looking for.
Princess_Irene
ANN Reviewer

PostPosted: Sun Jun 15, 2014 6:01 am Reply with quote
Sure - in the "interviews," Eric Vale is spoiler[creepily watching high school girls practice lacrosse], which is kind of similar to the spoiler[Illych Guardiola scandal]. (Which I probably spelled wrong, but it's 6 in the morning.)
Gina Szanboti

PostPosted: Sun Jun 15, 2014 3:05 pm Reply with quote
Oh dear, somehow I hadn't heard about that. Damn.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1