• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
REVIEW: Zero's Familiar: Chevalier GN 1

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jr240483

PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2014 12:06 am Reply with quote
Quote:
− Chronologically out of order, Siesta really needs to lay off. Not-so-good transvestite stereotype.

not quite. its flaws but not necessarily a negative. for one thing there have been times where some mangas have been chronologically out of order but very rarely. also having siesta going over the top at time adds to the comedy cause to be frank , the series is technically a harem series.

and the transvestite stereotyping can be grating at times but not too much. and it is funny too from those side of the funny spectrum.

and the best thing for some people, there isnt a lot of fanservice in the vol either. but people like me that want the ecchi / fanservice content in harem series will be disappointed but there are some comedy skits and romance between the two that will keep all fans of zero no tsukaima interested.

that is until the manga reaches to the princess no rondo arc which is fanservice central. good for me, not so much for everyone else.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
unitmikey

PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2014 12:12 am Reply with quote
Thank for adding that it's probably not wise to start off reading the manga from this volume if you only saw the first season. I was thinking that, but then again the first manga series isn't too long so it doesn't seem like it would take too long to get caught up to this point.

Because it doesn't look like we are getting the middle seasons of the anime released in the US anytime soon.
Ali07

PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2014 3:38 am Reply with quote
Does the manga actually have an ending, like the anime? I ask because, with the original creator's death, I do wonder if the manga will actually see an ending.

I would like to go out and get the manga, as I really enjoyed the majority of the anime, but I kind of don't want to without knowing if there will be a tied up ending for the manga series...

On another note, I hope the Sentai ends up getting the rights for the 2nd and 3rd seasons of the anime. MVM in the UK has the rights to seasons 1-3, Sentai has seasons 1 & 4, while Hanabee recently released season 1 in Australia.

Makes me wonder if Sentai, and in turn Hanabee (as they seem to get Sentai licensed titles), will end up filling the gaps between seasons 1 and 4...

If not, I'm fine with getting the MVM releases to fill the gaps and re-watching this series.
Princess_Irene
ANN Reviewer

PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2014 7:24 am Reply with quote
@jr0904

I'm not opposed to fanservice in general, and to be fair we do see a fair amount of Siesta's breasts (but no nipples) this volume. What I meant more by that comment is that the previous series had implausible fanservice and not much where it would have been easy to slip it in - you'd get upskirts of Louise when it didn't make sense to see her underwear, and then when there was a perfect opportunity to do so, nothing. This artist avoided that, although it did mean less fanservice in general. That may still be a downside if that's what you're looking for, but I thought it was an artistic improvement, just in terms of making sense.

I know, it is a harem. I don't mind Henrietta, Kirsche or Tifa - I just hate Siesta. Confused

@unitmikey

You're welcome! Honestly, that was the first thing I looked for, since there's a sad lack of those two middle seasons in English.

@Ali07

I don't know if it ends. I hope so, but I've seen comments to both ends - that it ends and that it doesn't. Maybe it hits a decent ending point without being fully finished?
Ali07

PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2014 8:07 am Reply with quote
Princess_Irene wrote:
@Ali07

I don't know if it ends. I hope so, but I've seen comments to both ends - that it ends and that it doesn't. Maybe it hits a decent ending point without being fully finished?

That would be okay, in my book. May just wait it out to see how open the ending may feel.
jr240483

PostPosted: Sun Jun 22, 2014 6:33 am Reply with quote
Princess_Irene wrote:

I know, it is a harem. I don't mind Henrietta, Kirsche or Tifa - I just hate Siesta.

unfortunately it will mean your the only one that does dislike siesta. sure she have her flaws , but there are also a lot of reason i can see saito being with her. of course one of them is the social structure in the series which would force him to be with her and not louise. unless his status changes after princess no rondo. Just be glad its not tabiatha.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1