• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
How often do you watch the opening/ending of a series?

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Polls
View previous topic :: View next topic  

How often do you watch the opening/ending of a series?
-Yes, I know the spambot problem was fixed but just in case....
0%
 0%  [ 1 ]
-Never
2%
 2%  [ 4 ]
-Sometimes
38%
 38%  [ 58 ]
-Usually
28%
 28%  [ 42 ]
-Always
16%
 16%  [ 24 ]
-I mostly only skip the openings
2%
 2%  [ 3 ]
-I mostly only skip the endings
6%
 6%  [ 10 ]
-The meaning of life is 42
4%
 4%  [ 7 ]
Total Votes : 149

pws_37

PostPosted: Mon Sep 30, 2013 11:40 pm Reply with quote
I could not pick any of the choices on this poll because it all depends. Great OP/ED's I watch all the time. Those aren't common. I skip bad OP/ED's ALL the time. For the last episode of a show I like, I'll watch all of it just because I like the show, whether the OP/ED is good or bad.
meepsheeps

PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2014 10:26 am Reply with quote
Always. I like to save time. I do try and watch it once though.
shukujo

PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2020 4:14 pm Reply with quote
I watch them only half paying attn one time, to hear the music, then I skip them - for good reason. More and more with new series, the openings and endings contain spoilers, I prefer the story to be told without unnecessary expectations. I have a firm policy of being "easy to entertain" - I am watching with the assumption that I will find anything I'm watching will be entertaining. This is as opposed to being unnecessarily critical, and therefore easy to disappoint, by the very smallest of flaws, tiny details I see so many complaining about in comments. It makes me wonder if those people ever find anything enjoyable, and a bit sad for them, too. Most of these people are too young to be so jaded. It only gets harder to find things that keep you happy as you get older (I'm 47yo), so I hope they know how to enjoy life as much as they know how to be so salty.
DDPK2

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2020 10:26 am Reply with quote
Since I don't understand Japanese completely, I just rely on the melody of the song and the overall aesthetic of the intro to see if it is worth watching. Maybe I'll watch the intro a few times before getting tired of it and just watch the contents of the show. I have a life and a job to attend to so I really want to make good use of my time.
Anime Viewer

PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2020 10:29 am Reply with quote
It varies depending on a number of conditions.

If I like the music in the opening/ending I'm likely to watch it.
If I like the animation scenes i'm likely to watch it.
If the opening/ending is relatively new, and hasn't been playing for very many episodes I'm more likely to watch it.
If the opening/ending has a lot of characters and action in it I'm more likely to watch it over an opening/endings with still pictures or zoom effects of stills.
If I want to test or calibrate my video player, tv picture settings, or audio settings I'm more likely to watch and/or replay an intro/ending (ex: see that panning scenes are smooth instead of jerky, blurry, glitching, dropping frames, cutting out, etc)

If the same opening (in a series) has been running for lots of episodes I'm much more likely to skip it.
If i'm pressed for time, and have to depart to be somewhere by a certain time I am more likely to skip the intro or ending.
If I'm eager to see what happens in a new episode I'm more likely to skip the opening.
If i'm marathoning episodes, and I want to get to the next episode I'm more likely to skip an ending.
If i can't stand the music/song I'm very likely to skip it.
cha_cipit

PostPosted: Thu Dec 24, 2020 10:03 am Reply with quote
Sometimes

I always watch few series' opening & ending, while I skip entirely on few other series.

For memorable anime, opening & ending songs bring certain feeling though. So I try my best to go through them, at least for the first few episodes
IchigoSS4

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2023 6:18 am Reply with quote
Generally, only during the first episode. However, if they change up the opening sequence I might be prompted to skip the "skip intro" button for 1-2 minutes
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Polls All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4