• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Astro Toy - Variable Action Hi-Spec Galvion

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Annblob

PostPosted: Sun Jun 22, 2014 2:18 pm Reply with quote
How big is it? Is it one of those things that looks really big but actually isn't?

Speaking of big I would like to see Astro Toy to get a RAH sometime if you have $300 laying around Wink

And aw, no feature about the contest last time like said.
Gina Szanboti

PostPosted: Sun Jun 22, 2014 4:08 pm Reply with quote
When you feel up to tackling it again, you should make a video of the transformation. Smile But that was pretty impressive even in stills!
Happiness for Subaru
Subscriber

PostPosted: Sun Jun 22, 2014 8:50 pm Reply with quote
Annblob wrote:
Speaking of big I would like to see Astro Toy to get a RAH sometime if you have $300 laying around Wink

animenewsnetwork.com/astro-toy/2014-01-19/real-action-heroes-princess-of-the-crystal
dtm42

PostPosted: Sun Jun 22, 2014 9:17 pm Reply with quote
This looks so cool. I admire the toy's designers for not compromising. Just a question though, how big is it compared to other figures? Just trying to get a sense of its size.
davecabrera
ANN Columnist

PostPosted: Sun Jun 22, 2014 9:54 pm Reply with quote
Hey, sup everyone. Seems I accidentally left out the size, huh! It's 18cm (7 inch) in the robot form, not gigantic but taller than most of the stuff on my shelf. Figmas are usually 10-14cm, Super Robot Chogokin is 12-15cm tall. The transformation into the car really packs it in tight, so obviously it shrinks a bit. cm are really more useful for small-scale measurements like these, huh.

Also, in the time since I wrote this, this figure has again sold out at Amiami. At $170. http://www.amiami.com/top/detail/detail?gcode=FIGURE-003227&page=top
MagicallyDelicious

PostPosted: Sun Jun 22, 2014 10:04 pm Reply with quote
Annblob wrote:
How big is it? Is it one of those things that looks really big but actually isn't?

And aw, no feature about the contest last time like said.

I was wondering where the winners of the contest were, too... and I found it, in the comments section of the previous article. Odd choice. But here it is animenewsnetwork.com/bbs/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=4285300#4285300
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1