• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Love Live! School idol project (TV).

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
leatherhead333

PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2014 6:30 am Reply with quote
You know if they were actually serious about being idols I don't know that the whole graduating thing would be an issue. Sure the 3rd years might have other goals in college but if it's a problem I'd like to know what they are at least.

They could simply regroup later and go at it. Considering they defeated A-RISE that should be a pretty good indication at how well they would do.
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2014 6:40 am Reply with quote
What they are in is School Idols, it is the sites and fandoms they are in, turning Muse into a non school idol group would be a whole new kettle of fish. It would no longer be a school idol project, and to get anywhere it would take from their school bit which is why they started.
leatherhead333

PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2014 9:07 am Reply with quote
Seems like a prideful issue i guess which is somewhat understandable.

Still if they win Love Live! (which i'm predicting they will) i kind of doubt that there isn't anyone who wouldn't want to scout them or give them a chance at a professional career in the field.

With the sheer amount of support they have been getting that's something fans would want too. So I'm guessing that this move is just the staff saying they don't want to continue the series or they will somehow end up staying together.
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2014 8:27 am Reply with quote
Season 2, Episode 12

True fact, if you want a show with a heavy focus on music to end well, spoiler[have them also sing the first OP or song, it works to bring up all the feelings for the show]. Actually I just checked YouTube, and spoiler[it was actually pretty much season one's OP], but I am totally okay with it. I think like they said in the show, there is not much left to say, it has been quite a journey and I have enjoyed it. I will do a review for it next week.

Lets see this end. Also Nico was spoiler[sleeping in Nico-nii pose.] And was that a spoiler["Who the hell do you think I am?!", including a point towards the heavens]?
Stark700

PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2014 12:50 pm Reply with quote
That song and outfits were actually pretty good imo. One more episode left...I already Muse Crying or Very sad
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
HaruhiToy

PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2014 12:32 am Reply with quote
DuskyPredator wrote:
True fact, if you want a show with a heavy focus on music to end well, spoiler[have them also sing the first OP or song, it works to bring up all the feelings for the show].

All in all it made a pretty strong ending. The last episode doesn't have to do much and they have a pretty good wrap to it. Bravo for an spoiler[encore] performance.

And, something I complained about earlier and it seems they listened to me, there was no spoiler[last minute nail-biting crisis that had to be overcome].

I thought the dad (all 3 times he appeared) was a hoot. Proud of his daughter, he is. I would be.

A-Rise cheering from the audience. Class act those girls.

A general question about idol performances: are the girls supposed to be lip-syncing or is that an actual performance? If so, how does anyone hear them if they are dancing around without wireless boom mikes?
Polycell

PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2014 12:57 am Reply with quote
As far as I can tell, actual idols seem to hold microphones during their performances. If you want to overthink it, the girls of μ's would need to be relying on hidden microphones for at least some of their performances.
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2014 11:00 am Reply with quote
Season 2, Episode 13 (final)

Hooray, I made it through a graduation episode without crying. Some nice throwbacks to the beginning of the series, starting the episode off with spoiler[Susume Tomorrow, which if I remember properly was the song used as the ending of the first season's first episode]. A moment spoiler[with the Niko clan] to remind me why she is my favourite, emotional send offs, a moment for everyone, and a look back at places and the journey. Hanayo excited about spoiler[the movie]. And of course finishing off with a song musical video, which I think might be my favourite yet, something that I think captured the fun.

Maybe I am giving it too much credit, but despite rating first season "Good", I am giving season 2 a rating of Excellent. Is that because this season did something ground-breaking? Nope, they just did everything right. There were noticeable improvements to all CG dances, which made me like them more. Characters were a joy, unlike a certain recent idol anime the characters are all recognisable and likable in their own ways, the 9 of them never really making it feel too crowded. Comedy I think was well done, starting it off with a corny musical, it knew when to not take itself seriously, yet generally felt genuine.

Maybe I am rating it a bit high, I do think this is only something you will like if you enjoyed the first season, there are a couple trips, and I think that there it really is not close to being able to be called a "Masterpiece", so I might say low Excellent. But I would say that this really was a strong sequel, I don't think it abused the formulae of its first season like some do, it went off of connections the characters made and was a solid follow up.

Now I am worried that spoiler[a movie might just be something uncreative as this really felt like a good ending], but we will see.
Stark700

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2014 11:15 am Reply with quote
I gave the same rating as season 1 I believe which was good. The finale was alright for me with more emotions. I didn't shed a tear at all though. Imo, it wasn't that sad.

Looks like a movie has been announced. Another idol movie along with Idolmaster! Cool. I am looking forward to it.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
getchman
Space Cowboy

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2014 1:30 pm Reply with quote
now that's a surprise, I had thought the Brown Llama spoiler[was the male]
Polycell

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2014 1:49 pm Reply with quote
Alpaca. And the white one's face spoiler[when they realized she was preggers] was just great.
leatherhead333

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2014 7:05 pm Reply with quote
Episode 13

I could make nitpicks like i usually do about how the narrative was pretty unfocused this season and how cheesy most of the series is but.............oh who am i kidding I still unconditionally love this series regardless!

Every episode has a heart warming conclusion, I just love all the characters involved and the build up to the seniors graduation made my heart quiver in agony. I don’t why but anime graduations have some the strongest impacts on me. They are usually the most painful parts of any slice of life school anime (Sakurasou’s still makes me sad inside…..) but I love seeing them happen. You really get to see what the characters are made of and it makes you dread possibly not seeing them again. Considering how horrible the endings of a lot of shows has been so far this is the easily the best one this season and I left with a big silly grin on my face =).

Still I can only rate it Good while I rated the last season Excellent. It could have had potential by making the characters more dynamic but I suppose that's simply not what they wanted to focus on. I'm satisfied with it's conclusion as it still manages to fill me with anticipation for the movie (which i hope will have 0 recaps involved).
HaruhiToy

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2014 9:03 pm Reply with quote
Love Live delivered pretty much what it promised and not a lot else. Artwork good, animation good, music good, nice characters, decent progression of plot.

No romance, of course. Actually no boys at all. It would seem idol shows and boy/girl thing just isn't compatible.

What's not to like? Other than Magic Skirts, of course. Having nonetheless been quite entertained, I vote for Excellent.
Polycell

PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2014 2:36 am Reply with quote
HaruhiToy wrote:
No romance, of course.
Well, they did delivery plenty of NicoMaki and EliNozomi moments at least.
WhiteHairGirls

PostPosted: Sun Jul 06, 2014 12:27 am Reply with quote
st_owly wrote:
I'm liking the unseasonable winterness. That's been one of my favourite songs so far? On a kind of side note, is anyone playing the smartphone game? It's addictive >.<

Yes I started it yesterday. It is fun. It is similar to other mobile game I play, Puzzles and Dragons. I got lucky with my first honor student roll. I got a SR Honoka.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 8 of 9