• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
List of series that are incomplete in North America

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Manga
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Touma

PostPosted: Sat May 03, 2014 10:51 am Reply with quote
st_owly wrote:
That it would. However, I've just remembered another. Lives by Masayuki Taguchi, 1/2 released by TP. It was one of the few series which got their "new" branding just before they went under. I've just been to the comic store and seen volume 1 in the bargain bin, hence why I remembered it.

I will add it.

Quote:
There may well be some more TP dregs floating around still.

I do not doubt that there are more from Tokyopop and others, such as ADV Manga, that are not on the list just because nobody has thought of them.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Touma

PostPosted: Sat May 03, 2014 3:57 pm Reply with quote
I have updated the list with the new information.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Vata Raven

PostPosted: Sat May 03, 2014 7:35 pm Reply with quote
Altacia wrote:
Sex Pistols/Love Pistols 5 Volumes were released by BLU, Still going in Japan. Sublime picked it up, they've released up until 7 digitally...

Sad

I don't think SubLime gave up on the series, if that's want the frown face is for.

Or are you upset that it's not a in printed media?
Touma

PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2014 9:42 am Reply with quote
I added the Chronicles of the Grim Peddler manhwa that was mentioned in the latest Right Turn Only column.
Touma

PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2014 12:01 pm Reply with quote
I had only one thing to add, Apothecarius Argentum, but I updated the spread sheet with that because I had not done anything for about six weeks.
Touma

PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2014 7:51 am Reply with quote
I just added I Am Here by Ema Toyama.
2 of 5 volumes have been released.
Del Rey released volume 1 and Kodansha released volume 2. That was three years ago. It is possible that Kodansha might release more, but it does not seem likely to me.

Also added Pink Innocent by Kotori Momoyuki.
Del Rey released 2 of 3 volumes. Volume 3 was scheduled for 2011, but I could find no evidence that it actually was released.
lys

PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2014 8:46 am Reply with quote
Touma wrote:
I just added I Am Here by Ema Toyama.
2 of 5 volumes have been released.
Del Rey released volume 1 and Kodansha released volume 2. That was three years ago. It is possible that Kodansha might release more, but it does not seem likely to me.

Also added Pink Innocent by Kotori Momoyuki.
Del Rey released 2 of 3 volumes. Volume 3 was scheduled for 2011, but I could find no evidence that it actually was released.

I checked the Amazon listings for I Am Here! (it seemed odd they'd leave the series incomplete since they keep licensing more of the author's work)—the two volumes released were omnibus editions (416 and 432 pages), so the series was completed by Kodansha.
Touma

PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2014 9:22 am Reply with quote
lys wrote:
I checked the Amazon listings for I Am Here! (it seemed odd they'd leave the series incomplete since they keep licensing more of the author's work)—the two volumes released were omnibus editions (416 and 432 pages), so the series was completed by Kodansha.

Thank you for checking that. I just removed it from the list.

This is especially good because it means that my library actually does have the complete series.
st_owly

PostPosted: Sat Aug 09, 2014 4:51 pm Reply with quote
I found this list It's an archive.org list from Tokyopop's site of stuff they officially declared OOP in 2009 when they went under. It may be of use for adding to this list.
Princess_Irene
ANN Reviewer

PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2014 7:36 am Reply with quote
I don't know if you want to count this, but yesterday I noticed that Brave 10's first three volumes have been released digitally by eManga. Does that warrant its removal from the list?
Touma

PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2014 9:37 am Reply with quote
st_owly wrote:
I found this list It's an archive.org list from Tokyopop's site of stuff they officially declared OOP in 2009 when they went under. It may be of use for adding to this list.

Thanks for the link.
Unfortunately it does not show which series are incomplete.

However, I will check it against the list of out of print titles that I have saved as a web page.
I have not put much effort into that project because I could not think of an easy way to convert the list to a spreadsheet, but I do not want to abandon it completely.
Touma

PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2014 9:50 am Reply with quote
Princess_Irene wrote:
I don't know if you want to count this, but yesterday I noticed that Brave 10's first three volumes have been released digitally by eManga. Does that warrant its removal from the list?

I think that I will leave it on the list and add a comment that it has been rescued by DMI.
Thanks for the information.
RestLessone

PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2014 3:42 pm Reply with quote
There's also Ginga Legend Weed. ComicsOne released the first 3 volumes out of 60 total. Unlike with other titles, DrMaster didn't grab this one; I believe the license had even expired before CO went under. The series 888 was never completed by ComicsOne or DrMaster.

The Wikipedia article for ComicsOne lists most of their properties, several of which are incomplete.
Touma

PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2014 4:05 pm Reply with quote
^
I added those two and I will check the wiki page later.
Thank you.
Beltane70

PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2014 10:37 pm Reply with quote
Lum/Urusei Yatsura was originally released in Japan in 34 volumes of tankouban.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Manga All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 3 of 6