• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Ryohgo Narita's Stealth Symphony Manga Ends Next Week

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
LaughingElbow

PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2014 12:34 am Reply with quote
Lol. Figures.
Mr Adventure

PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2014 1:06 am Reply with quote
OF COURSE IT DOES.

*bashes face into desk*
Kadmos1

PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2014 1:14 am Reply with quote
This short run is makes it long enough for a few OVA episodes or a 12-13 TV series.
Cyclone1993

PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2014 2:01 am Reply with quote
Kadmos1 wrote:
This short run is makes it long enough for a few OVA episodes or a 12-13 TV series.

It will never happen. It was canceled because it wasn't popular enough, and now that its ended, there isn't a product to promote with an anime.
Mr Adventure

PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2014 2:04 am Reply with quote
It does feel like its building to a proper conclusion, unlike other cancelled series. So at the very least it feels like a complete work on the reread.

But seriously, how can Japanese readers be such a tasteless lot?! I vote Stealth Symphony into the Top 2 every week! (One-Punch Man gets #1 when its in the issue)
Mr Adventure

PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2014 2:09 am Reply with quote
Also, really annoyed we didn't get My Hero Academia on the 7th, to replace it.

What is up with that?!
Angel'sArcanum

PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2014 2:15 am Reply with quote
I had heard rumours but this sets it in stone. I wanted to get around to this manga but kept forgetting. I'm so pissed off with how Shonen Jump and its readers have been in recent years; some quality titles have gotten axed before they could complete their run and yet Naruto keeps elongating itself like a tumour and people still eat up that garbage. I long for the day Shonen Jump turns itself around; where's the rest of Nurarihyon no Mago dammit!? Evil or Very Mad
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
flackenstien

PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2014 2:59 am Reply with quote
I'm pretty sure this only flunked because I happened to like it... Sorry, guys.
bigivel

PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2014 3:01 am Reply with quote
Angel'sArcanum wrote:
I had heard rumours but this sets it in stone. I wanted to get around to this manga but kept forgetting. I'm so pissed off with how Shonen Jump and its readers have been in recent years; some quality titles have gotten axed before they could complete their run and yet Naruto keeps elongating itself like a tumour and people still eat up that garbage. I long for the day Shonen Jump turns itself around; where's the rest of Nurarihyon no Mago dammit!? Evil or Very Mad

Recent years? LOL, it is like this since 1973! Since that time a lot of series are being axed every year, series where a lot of them you would wish they were completed.
Do you know Saint Seiya? Yep it didn't got a complete ending. Do you know Shaman King? The same thing.
There is a lot of other titles like those.

Nurarihyon no Mago, Beelzebub and others were only decently popular and than at sometime they got super bad/boring, at least for the readers. They were given time to recover. Beelzebub had almost one year for that. Nothing changed so WSJ had no mercy.

Naruto is another story! Naruto not only was Mega popular for a Mega long time, but it still has an incredible following that makes it has great rankings every week. You can think how much you want that it is bad right now(I think it too), but not the fans, and they are a LOT.

Last edited by bigivel on Thu Jul 10, 2014 3:03 am; edited 1 time in total
Thatguy3331

PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2014 3:02 am Reply with quote
In all honesty, I'm really not that surprised. I tried to like it, I wanted to like it (and some aspects I did indeed like) but overall it wasn't really doing anything that special and held off on it's best cards for too long.

Ryohgo Narita, I love your stuff but there's a fundamental difference between writing a light novel and a manga within the fiercely competitive shonen jump. Better luck next time, maybe try a different magazine and if neither are the case, keep up the good work with your existing works.
Hawkmonger

PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2014 4:36 am Reply with quote
Not happy. A very good series by all accounts and when Nisekoi out lives a series as imaginative as SS then their seriously is no hope.
Nakurawari

PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2014 5:08 am Reply with quote
That is a real shame. I was seriously enjoying this series like it was one of the big three and now this. At the very least, it looked as though the series was ending so it kinda doesn't feel cancelled. However Stealth Symphony had so much potential and the plot was great. I hope they release the 2 volumes of it in the west eventually, because I would love to own it.

Oh well, hopefully My Hero Academia will do better *fingers crossed*
VentusCross

PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2014 6:49 am Reply with quote
Such a shame, another good manga down the drain due to the poor taste of WSJ readers... First Double Arts, then Iron Knight and now this.

Meanwhile Nisekoi gets to stay high and mighty in the magazine despite the fact that chapters consist of blushes and zero story progression.

I hope that Jump get their act together soon, too much crap is being let to fester in that magazine (Bleach, Naruto, Nisekoi), despite their good series (AssClass, One Piece, HxH, Toriko etc.)
Nonaka Machine Gun B

PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2014 7:34 am Reply with quote
I was enjoying it. Bummer.
K1NG$T0N

PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2014 7:52 am Reply with quote
That sucks Sad It was a much more interesting manga than Bleach or Naruto's latest chapter so I think it does not deserve to be cancelled like that...
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2