• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Danganronpa 2: Goodbye Despair's 2nd Trailer Features Class Trail Gameplay

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Apollo-kun

PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2014 3:10 pm Reply with quote
The first one was wonderful, having finished a month or so ago on my Vita, and I will inevitably buy this day one.
Jacquipuff

PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2014 3:48 pm Reply with quote
So looking forward to this. Less than two months away!

I remember when the first game first came out in Japan, how much I wanted to play it, and how upset I was when it seemed like it'd never get a US release, and now here we are, getting both it and its sequel within the same year. Awesome.
Felicity dash

PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2014 4:09 pm Reply with quote
And once again the voices actually do sound like they fit their characters.
Panzer Vor

PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2014 4:51 pm Reply with quote
In all likelihood, it's Johnny Yong Bosch as Hajime and Todd Haberkorn as Teruteru, contrary to what has been reported elsewhere so far. I'm also gonna guess that that's Wendee Lee as Akane. Still don't know who's playing Gundam or Mahiru, though. I also wonder who's playing Ibuki.

In any case, it's great to finally hear Steve Prince as Fuyuhiko and Christine Cabanos as Chiaki. I'm also pretty sure that I heard Patrick Seitz as Nidai in there somewhere.
ThatGuyWhoLikesThings

PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2014 4:52 pm Reply with quote
Dub sounds much better this time around, which is good. Competency is good.

Not to imply that the first game's dub was bad, it just...took a while for it to impress me. spoiler[Celestia's breakdown in the 3rd trial was masterfully handled, for instance, and the mastermind's voice(s) was also amazing.]

The only ones I don't like are Monomi's and Monokuma's (though I'm pretty sure you aren't supposed to actually LIKE Monokuma's voice. It honestly feels like it's *supposed* to annoy the hell out of you).

Panzer Vor wrote:
In all likelihood, it's Johnny Yong Bosch as Hajime and Todd Haberkorn as Teruteru, contrary to what has been reported elsewhere so far. I'm also gonna guess that that's Wendee Lee as Akane. Still don't know who's playing Gundam or Mahiru, though. I also wonder who's playing Ibuki.

In any case, it's great to finally hear Steve Prince as Fuyuhiko and Christine Cabanos as Chiaki. I'm also pretty sure that I heard Patrick Seitz as Nidai in there somewhere.

I'm positive that Ibuki is Julie Ann Taylor and GundHAM is Travis Willingham, though I'm less sure on the latter.

I'm equally clueless on Koizumi's voice though.
navycherub

PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2014 6:16 pm Reply with quote
Why doesn't anyone on the internet know how to spell "trial"????
Spotlesseden

PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2014 8:58 pm Reply with quote
navycherub wrote:
Why doesn't anyone on the internet know how to spell "trial"????

spelling is overrated on anime forum. "Class Trail" is just as cool as Class trial.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1