• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Live-Action Rurouni Kenshin Sequels Previewed in 5-Minute Highlight Reel

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
chipparai

PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2014 1:11 am Reply with quote
First photo of Kenshingumi is lovely Very Happy
The_way67

PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2014 2:58 am Reply with quote
I watched the whole clip! It looks soo good!!!!!
Knoepfchen

PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2014 3:00 am Reply with quote
I wonder what Shinomori's part will be in these movies, given that the character wasn't introduced in the Tokyo arc. Will he still get a good backstory and be involved in finale in some way? I surely hope so. Would be a shame, the actor looks like he could pull of the character's intensity quite well. Also, the composer will have to do a pretty good job to match or surpass the epicness of the series' battle music. Still, I wish I could see this on the big screen somewhere around here, but I highly doubt it. Sad
poonk

PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2014 5:10 am Reply with quote
I'm so excited about these sequels, as in, I get goosebumps watching the trailers. The first film was ridiculously good-- I showed it to a friend who was totally unfamiliar with the story/character and she loved it.

Now I can't decide about which new cast member I'm more excited: Kamiki Ryunosuke as Sojiro, or Iseya Yusuke as Aoshi...
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
vashfanatic

PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2014 10:15 am Reply with quote
Knoepfchen wrote:
I wonder what Shinomori's part will be in these movies, given that the character wasn't introduced in the Tokyo arc. Will he still get a good backstory and be involved in finale in some way? I surely hope so. Would be a shame, the actor looks like he could pull of the character's intensity quite well.

From clips in the full trailer, he's definitely in the final battle against Shishio, just like in the manga. From his character profile at the website, it seemsspoiler[ the other members of the Oniwabanshu may already be dead by the time the movie begins.]

There hasn't been much of Aoshi, Misao, or Okina in any of the 6 and a half minutes of total footage they've released, but then again, two movies together are going to be probably about 4 hours, so they may just be keeping that for later.

Quote:
Also, the composer will have to do a pretty good job to match or surpass the epicness of the series' battle music. Still, I wish I could see this on the big screen somewhere around here, but I highly doubt it. Sad

The new soundtrack comes out on July 23rd, so I guess we'll find out then. I have mixed feelings about the anime's soundtrack in general - love some of it, find other parts annoying - but yeah, this is a pretty good track.

I have been obsessing over these films because I saw the first one in the theater, loved it, and am really frustrated that Warner Brothers show no sign so far of giving this series a North American release outside of a few festival showings. I would very much like to not pirate it - if they don't want to spend money on a DVD/Blu-Ray release, then at least let me download it off iTunes!
Knoepfchen

PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2014 10:43 am Reply with quote
Aw, thanks for the trailer, no idea how I missed that, but it really does look like they'll be spoiler[fighting him together]. Nice.

If the Oniwabanshu are spoiler[already dead from the start, I suppose we will start off with dark Shinomori. Will he be working for Shishio right away and then switch sides? I would have loved seeing him fall into darkness, though. Well, it's not his movie. ] I keep entertaining the faint hope they might have a screening at the Manga Salon in Barcelona in November, Kenshin's rather famous here, all things considered, they even did a catalan dub for the first movie. Not really a huge market to begin with, which proves the character is quite well known and beloved.
7jaws7

PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2014 11:05 am Reply with quote
Damn it, I shouldn't have watched that trailer…now I'm all hyped up in the middle of the day!
vashfanatic

PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2014 11:36 am Reply with quote
Knoepfchen wrote:
Aw, thanks for the trailer, no idea how I missed that, but it really does look like they'll be spoiler[fighting him together]. Nice.

Oh yeah, that one shot of spoiler[the four of them together against Shishio] makes me break out in fan-squealing every time I see it. Very Happy

I actually saw the first film in Japan because I was living there at the time. I hadn't been planning on it, since Kenshin has so much nostalgia for me (one of the first anime I ever saw, and the one that really hooked me on the medium) and I was terrified of being disappointed. But I kept seeing the life-size posters of the characters at the cinema, all looking exactly like how I'd imagine live action versions of them to look, and thankfully I finally caved.

Unfortunately I cannot afford to fly all the way to Japan just to watch the next two films. Anime hyper
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1