• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Crunchyroll Adds Bladedance of Elementalers Anime

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DRosencraft

PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2014 12:27 pm Reply with quote
So if I understand, this is Infinite Stratos with Spirits instead of armors? How different can this be expected to be relative to IS, or even Date A Live?
Kadmos1

PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2014 12:46 pm Reply with quote
I was hoping that this would get added.

DRosencraft, a difference would be how these harem are setup. I suggest using the wiki for these series to get a better grasp of they differ.
DmonHiro

PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2014 12:56 pm Reply with quote
Come on... Rokujouma no Shinryakusha is now the only non-simulcasted show.
TheAncientOne

PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2014 1:02 pm Reply with quote
DmonHiro wrote:
Come on... Rokujouma no Shinryakusha is now the only non-simulcasted show.

CR announced it about 45 minutes before I posted this (and their French site had posted the news early AM US time this morning).

It isn't the only one remaining, however. Nobunaga Concerto is coming up, and there are a few such as Jinsei that have already premiered without a simulcast. I haven't done a new count, but we are down into the single digits, however, of shows without a simulcast.
Vaisaga

PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2014 4:08 pm Reply with quote
DRosencraft wrote:
So if I understand, this is Infinite Stratos with Spirits instead of armors? How different can this be expected to be relative to IS, or even Date A Live?

Well, for one Kamito isn't as thick as Ichika and can actually hold his own in a fight. For another, Blade Dance puts a lot more emphasis on plot and character development. There's still plenty of harem shenanigans, but there's a lot more to the story than just "which girl will he choose?" Oh, and while in IS every girl in school is quite enthusiastic to have him around, in Blade Dance all the girls avoid Kamito because they think he'll rape them.

Also, saying he's the only known male elementalist isn't quite correct. There is one historical precedent: spoiler[The Demon King Solomon.]
Spotlesseden

PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2014 6:47 pm Reply with quote
DRosencraft wrote:

I don't i read 2 chs of this. I think the main character in this one is super strong unlike the IS main. Again, i only read two chs of manga.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1