• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Japan Expo to Host Fate/Zero, Madoka Magica Writer Gen Urobuchi

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Apollo-kun

PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2014 1:56 pm Reply with quote
The Urobutcher strikes at yet another con. Huh. Good for his fans! I still contend that PMMM is the only good thing he's written, but I know I may be alone in that sentiment.
Kaioshin_Sama

PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2014 2:44 pm Reply with quote
No wonder this guy seemingly can't get any real active work done on any projects of late, has been bumped off of writing for series he originally wrote directly for, and is just getting a ton of "original creator" credits lately for producers to sell products using his name, he's too busy touring cons all the time apparently in order to attract extra attention.

No doubt the guy is the hot commodity to attract attention right now in the industry, emphasis on the commodity part which really is what he's becoming with the whole "The Butcher" concept. The demands on his time right now must be absolutely enormous and unmanageable but he's also kind of in danger of being overexposed at this point too I think and it's not going to look good in that regard if he doesn't get any actual real work critically acclaimed work done again in the near future to warrant all the constant exposure.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1