• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Crunchyroll Streams Magimoji Rurumo Anime by Yowapeda's Watanabe

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Cyclone1993

PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2014 8:05 pm Reply with quote
Well I officially think that every show is being streamed in one way or another now!
RestLessone

PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2014 8:30 pm Reply with quote
Cyclone1993 wrote:
Well I officially think that every show is being streamed in one way or another now!

Assuming you aren't putting fansubs under that umbrella, a handful of early July series are not: the full-length Jinsei and PriPara, though the latter was definitely not going to stream anyway. For TV shorts, there are Sumiko, Francesca, Gundam-san, Maido! Urayasu Tekkin Kazoku, and Himegoto. Minarai Diva is streaming worldwide, but this might not include subs. Nyanpuku Nyraruma will also be airing this month, but there's no release date yet; likely that it's later on for that reason alone.

Still, the vast majority were picked, and that's great to see. Looking forward to the season where everything (sans shows like Pretty Cure) are legally streamed.
mewpudding101
Industry Insider

PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2014 5:14 am Reply with quote
RestLessone wrote:
Cyclone1993 wrote:

For TV shorts, there are Sumiko, Francesca, Gundam-san, Maido! Urayasu Tekkin Kazoku, and Himegoto. Minarai Diva is streaming worldwide, but this might not include subs. Nyanpuku Nyraruma will also be airing this month, but there's no release date yet; likely that it's later on for that reason alone.

Don't forget the 10-minute episode Francesca! It's actually pretty fun.
Blanchimont

PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2014 10:49 am Reply with quote
@mewpudding101

He did mention Francesca!, it's the second one mentioned in the quote...

Simulsubs for Minarai Diva might be a bit hard, it's sort of live 3D CG show using vocaloid software, and they are partly asking viewer input for some of the content WHILE the show is airing(read; streamed), for example for the lyrics... Of course there's nothing preventing delayed-subs after its initial streaming.

I'm a bit curious how that experiment will play out...
RestLessone

PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2014 6:02 pm Reply with quote
^
I'd think there would be a delay-cast, maybe of a couple of days. The basic script and songs could be forwarded over, and the gaps filled in after the show airs. It's about an hour, though, so longer than the average series. It isn't a series I expect to simulcast for the reasons you've stated.

Currently, CR still has one gap. The only early July anime not airing is Minarai Diva, but could easily be a drama, a delay-cast, something airing later this summer, or a series totally out of left field.
AnimenexuS

PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2014 6:46 pm Reply with quote
I hope this good. I'm seeing people going bitch about it. it's loli.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1