• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
ANNCast player not showing up

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Bugs & Technical Questions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Brand

PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2014 9:02 am Reply with quote
ANNCast player not showing up on the page. I've checked multiple ANNCasts and in both Firefox and Chrome, but the player isn't show up. Also, I streamed one of them yesterday just fine.

I know I can still download the mp3s, but my personal preference is to stream the show.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Tempest
I Run this place.
ANN Publisher

PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2014 1:22 pm Reply with quote
I just tried on animenewsnetwork.com/anncast/2014-07-07/.76342 and the player showed up fine.

Do you have anything blocking flash or scripts ?
Brand

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2014 2:37 pm Reply with quote
I do use AdBlockPlus but I do actually have it turned off for this site. Like I said it worked one day and not the next. Nothing changed on my set up. And it didn't work in two different browsers (the other I have no addons installed on it).
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Tempest
I Run this place.
ANN Publisher

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2014 5:29 pm Reply with quote
Weird... No one else is reporting this...

Do you know if you are accessing though a proxy ?

What happens if you go here: animenewsnetwork.com/video/mediaplayer.swf?file=/images/cms/anncast/76342/anncast194.mp3&type=mp3

Are you using a laptop? Can you try accessing from another network ?
Brand

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2014 8:43 pm Reply with quote
Okay, now that I looked at this at home. It shows up fine. It must be that something changed at work (though not on my end). I work with the server/IT guys I'll ask them about it. (Since, work is mainly were I want to listen to ANNCast.)

Edit:
On and extra weird note, it is showing up fine again at work. Thanks for replying.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Bugs & Technical Questions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1