• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
REVIEW: Black Rose Alice GN 1

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
corinthian

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2014 8:49 pm Reply with quote
Reading this I thought, "I don't think spiders are that bad. Let's see what- nope nope nope." I like my spiders hiding in corners catching the moths that fly in through my AC unit, not coming out of peoples' mouths...
Chibiterasu11

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2014 11:21 pm Reply with quote
Yeah, the premise sounds awesome, but as soon as they took special mention to point out the spider stuff, I figured it must be really, really bad for arachnophobes like myself. Sad
Cutiebunny

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2014 12:24 am Reply with quote
I really love this manga, and I'm quite happy to say that I own an original Dmitri sketch drawn by the mangaka.

I would like to see her return to this story. Although where she left off is far enough for the reader arrive at a conclusion, I would like to see the deed done, rather than it being implied.

As for the insect thing, it's not too prevalent. Every so often, it's brought up or you see an insect crawling around, but it doesn't detract from the story much.
Graceful Nanami

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2014 4:47 am Reply with quote
Setona Mizushiro is a master at her craft. After School Infirmary is one of the most beautifully strange things I've ever read. X Day is good, too, but not as outstanding. I had no idea more of her work was being translated. Great news!
fullmetalgirl21

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2014 11:04 pm Reply with quote
The story does sound kind of interesting, but it's so not happening for me if there are spiders involved.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1