• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Exclusive Interview: The New English Language Cast of Sailor Moon

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
AnimeFan617
Collector Extraordinaire

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2014 11:32 am Reply with quote
That was a nice, short interview. I can't wait to hear this new dub (although I personally have not seen Sailor Moon before until Crystal).
penguintruth

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2014 11:40 am Reply with quote
"Maybe don't show it to your kids right away?"

Folks, this show was for kids in Japan, and they dealt with the panties, I'm sure American kids can, too. It's not like the Japanese children who grew up with Sailor Moon became sex maniacs.

Well, of a kind...
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
Fronzel

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2014 11:52 am Reply with quote
penguintruth wrote:
Folks, this show was for kids in Japan, and they dealt with the panties....

Are there even panties in Sailor Moon? In the transformation sequence that white thing covers the whole torso, like a leotard. It's like seeing up a ballerina's skirt (not an uncommon occurrence in a performance).
Animetor05

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2014 11:53 am Reply with quote
I saw them at the Anime Expo. The cast talked about how they got their roles. I even saw the first two new dub episodes and it looks and sounds good so far. I can't wait to hear the rest of the cast with their characters.
penguintruth

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2014 12:02 pm Reply with quote
Fronzel wrote:
penguintruth wrote:
Folks, this show was for kids in Japan, and they dealt with the panties....

Are there even panties in Sailor Moon? In the transformation sequence that white thing covers the whole torso, like a leotard. It's like seeing up a ballerina's skirt (not an uncommon occurrence in a performance).

Yeah, they just wear short skirts, is all. I think there's some brief unarticulated nudity, but it's not lurid at all.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
bibotot

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2014 12:05 pm Reply with quote
I am liking this already. Looking forward to the dub soon.
mdo7

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2014 12:20 pm Reply with quote
Thanks for the interview ANN. Although I was surprised this was short, I thought it would be longer and more in-depth but thanks. Smile
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
fanime99

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2014 1:41 pm Reply with quote
If you've watched the sub-only uncensored version of Sailor Moon you'd know that there are definitely panties in it.

There's an episode early on which didn't get into the DIC version at all, in which a schoolboy (affected by one of the villains, of course) flips up his teacher's skirt.

Quite looking forward to this new version, and hoping they do all of the episodes.
bleachj0j

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2014 1:51 pm Reply with quote
fanime99 wrote:

Quite looking forward to this new version, and hoping they do all of the episodes.

First thing they said was "All 200 episodes"
bin1127

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2014 2:17 pm Reply with quote
So from that part where everyone chimed in their worries with over panty shot usage, I take it Sailor Moon is going to become a long running harem sitcom. I'd like to see them airing this along with dragonball on tv.
tygerchickchibi

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2014 2:22 pm Reply with quote
bin1127 wrote:
So from that part where everyone chimed in their worries with over panty shot usage, I take it Sailor Moon is going to become a long running harem sitcom.

It's not as bad as it's made out to be. You'd be sorely disappointed.

I was wondering if...they might use any suffixes in the dub when it comes to Makoto and Mamoru.

"Mako-chan"
"Mamo-chan"
"Usako"

...hmmmm..
Mohawk52

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2014 2:34 pm Reply with quote
tygerchickchibi wrote:

I was wondering if...they might use any suffixes in the dub when it comes to Makoto and Mamoru.

"Mako-chan"
"Mamo-chan"
"Usako"

...hmmmm..
I doubt it as it's not common in spoken English.
Kadmos1

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2014 2:52 pm Reply with quote
penguintruth wrote:
"Maybe don't show it to your kids right away?"

Folks, this show was for kids in Japan, and they dealt with the panties, I'm sure American kids can, too. It's not like the Japanese children who grew up with Sailor Moon became sex maniacs.

Well, of a kind...

I do think that some shounen or shoujo material should be left in seinen or josei. For example, how dark Death Note was or the violence of AoT.
Mohawk52

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2014 3:15 pm Reply with quote
Do all American mothers never take their children shopping in the girls or women's lingerie, or underwear sections of clothing shops for fear they will corrupt their developing child's tiny little minds and turn them into aggressive sexual predictors when they grow up? What about those families what have siblings of both gender? Is there some way of hiding sister's and/or mother's pants from brother/son, and vice-verse? Save-our-children-from-satin's-pants crusaders need to get over themselves. Rolling Eyes
silentgrace7

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2014 3:16 pm Reply with quote
fanime99 wrote:
There's an episode early on which didn't get into the DIC version at all, in which a schoolboy (affected by one of the villains, of course) flips up his teacher's skirt.

I remember seeing that the other day, when I started rewatching it. I was shocked and was like "when did this happen!?!" xD
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4