• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
FUNimation September 2014 Solicitations

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Industry -> Retail
View previous topic :: View next topic  
IZFSLE

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2014 2:08 pm Reply with quote
willag wrote:
$59.99 or $87.07?

$59.99 or $87.07?

Yeeeeaaaaah, I don't think the banners are worth the extra $27.08. I'll probably cancel and go with Right Stuf. I need to think about it.

I was only getting the CE for the artbox. The banners look nice, but they're not a deal breaker for me, and I'd rather save myself 30 or so dollars and not have the banners.

I already cancelled my CE order. Funi actually emailed me back like 30 minutes after I requested cancellation. I'm sure they're getting cancellations left and right today.

Anyways, 60 bucks for this on TRSI is a pretty solid deal. I'm beyond happy that I'll be getting an artbox. However, my experience pre-ordering part 2 has been pretty hectic. I originally ordered the regular LE on TRSI right when it was announced. Then, a few days ago, I heard the CE was going to have an artbox. So, I cancelled my order with TRSI and ordered the CE. Now, Funi comes out and says there's an artbox version now. I then cancel my Funi order, and place an order yet again with TRSI. Ughh, Funi you're killing me, but I'm still glad about this new release, though.
Kruszer

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2014 2:21 pm Reply with quote
I'll probably be picking up seasons 1 and 2 of Baka and Test, now that it's cheap. Attack on Titan I can wait for a complete collection of.
Vaisaga

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2014 4:15 pm Reply with quote
Hope this is the right thread to bring this up...

So I can't help but notce that Index II BD+DVD combo pack in the ad skin, but it's not listed in their store. WTF?
potatochobit

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2014 6:44 pm Reply with quote
what ad are you talking about?
do you have a link or screenshot
Sohma_Curse

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2014 7:00 pm Reply with quote
potatochobit wrote:
what ad are you talking about?
do you have a link or screenshot

potatochobit

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2014 8:17 pm Reply with quote
well bayonetta was announced last month for later this year
so this looks like the AD they should be running in october lol
Sohma_Curse

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2014 8:50 pm Reply with quote
potatochobit wrote:

And High School DxD season two was licensed for an early 2015 release, but the cover art shown is of last year's first season release. So I really don't know what's going on here.
Alan45
Village Elder

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2014 9:19 pm Reply with quote
If there are that many discrepancies, the question is does Funimation know what is going on here.
potatochobit

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2014 9:36 pm Reply with quote
Sohma_Curse wrote:
potatochobit wrote:

And High School DxD season two was licensed for an early 2015 release, but the cover art shown is of last year's first season release. So I really don't know what's going on here.

that is because they are re-releasing the first season as a 'standard edition' without the art box. The Japanese season 2 BD are still pretty new, don't expect season 2 in america anytime soon.

also fairy tail arc released this month is nowhere near the current arc on those art boxes.

this is either a teaser or an error, those video will not be coming out this month, I am quite sure.
Sohma_Curse

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2014 9:54 pm Reply with quote
potatochobit wrote:

that is because they are re-releasing the first season as a 'standard edition' without the art box.

Umm...what? The one I bought last year is a standard edition blu ray/dvd combo with a regular slip cover and a single-sized blu ray case. Looks exactly like the one pictured in the ad.
potatochobit

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2014 10:57 pm Reply with quote
yes, that is exactly the same but at a lower price
funimation tends to release a Limited edition with box and regular edition (which is what you have)

then later they will release the same thing at a cheaper price or sometimes call it a classic edition
the cheaper version is usually a paper slip over a bluray case
this month the classic versions are Freezing and Steins Gate
DAnime hyper is sure to come once the stock of the regular edition is depleted as the price has been dropping steadily for awhile
this is also a franchise they will milk like sekirei

but feel free to come to your own conclusion, this is just my educated guess as I dont work for funimation or anything

however, D X D season 2 in japan, bluray vol. 6 came out in March 2014, that is 4 months ago. I'm sure you know about reverse importation and japan does not even have an entire series collection released yet.
Crisha

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2014 11:24 pm Reply with quote
Just so people know, the Attack on Titan LE w/ box is already in the Closeout section on Right Stuf, and as of this moment there are 241 copies.

To find out how many copies are left. To find out on the number of copies left, go to the product page, and input an outrageous quantity to order (i.e. 500). It'll tell you the maximum available left to purchase.

Well, in the minutes it took me to type that out, it went down to 239. I'm putting my order in now, and I'll make a decision on whether to cancel Funi's Collector's Edition or this edition tomorrow.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Sohma_Curse

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2014 12:02 am Reply with quote
willag wrote:
Just so people know, the Attack on Titan LE w/ box is already in the Closeout section on Right Stuf, and as of this moment there are 241 copies.

To find out how many copies are left. To find out on the number of copies left, go to the product page, and input an outrageous quantity to order (i.e. 500). It'll tell you the maximum available left to purchase.

Well, in the minutes it took me to type that out, it went down to 239. I'm putting my order in now, and I'll make a decision on whether to cancel Funi's Collector's Edition or this edition tomorrow.

So I basically paid $40 more for 3 wall banners that I'll never display and a cell phone strap I'll never use? Is the art box the exact same design too? And does it hold the LE Digibook editions or just the standard editions? The art box is the only reason I ordered the exclusive Funi edition. At the time, the LE w/ the art box wasn't available on TRSI for some reason. Seriously considering canceling my order with Funi now...
WTK

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2014 9:36 pm Reply with quote
Ghost in the Shell: Arise, Vol.3 (Blu-ray) [Import] - $69.98 - 9/16/14

- http://www.rightstuf.com/i/fun07089
- http://www.animecornerstore.com/ghinshbar.html
Quote:
This slip-cover imported Collectors Edition contains an English-translated 22-page guide booklet and a unique cut of the film strip. It will be Limited to 2,400 units nationwide.
Covnam

PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2014 4:28 am Reply with quote
The Attack on Titan LE w/ Box at RightStuf sold out Anime cry Didn't realize it would be so limited considering Funi's past releases :/
Now I need to decide if I want to spring for the collectors or not -_-
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Industry -> Retail All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4