• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Invaders of the Rokujyōma!? (TV).

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Stark700

PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2014 11:30 am Reply with quote

Invaders of the Rokujyōma!? (TV)

Genres: comedy, romance, supernatural
Themes: harem, school

Plot Summary: Due to young Koutarou's financial circumstances, he is forced to live in a small rokujouma (6-tatami apartment) on a budget of 5000 yen a month. On the plus side, he lives rent-free, but on the minus side, that's because room 106 of Corona Apartments is cursed. The ghost is a cute young girl, and hijinks ensue when she tries to drive him out. Between the haunting, Koutarou's nosy neighbors, and a self-styled magical girl flying to the unneeded rescue, there's way too much for the impoverished young man to handle.
----------------------------------

Episode 1:
Well, it was what I had expected it to be overall. I'm not sure which of the girls I like so far from the show but I'm not a fan of the MC yet.

Oh and one of the spoiler[girl is floating! Reminds me of Nanana's Buried Treasure from Spring with the ghost concept.] This might be fun right now but the episode was so-so imo. Mostly a set up episode of the overall story. I spot a spoiler[bear].
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
WhiteHairGirls

PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2014 3:17 pm Reply with quote
This felt like Nananana x Kanojo Flag.
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2014 9:09 am Reply with quote
Episode 1

"spoiler[Destroying an entire planet is against intergalactic treaties]."
"But spoiler[they said I was flat-chested]."
Loved that bit, more like that please.

Just the standard story of a guy moving into an apartment spoiler[and finding out it is haunted by a cute ghost, that he is danger by a clumsy magical girl cosplayer, that it is the planned site of a mole people invasion, and be targeted by aliens]. You know, standard anime stuff. Looks to be the silly harem anime of the season, and I would say that I am interested, something like this can be a good distraction.
HaruhiToy

PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2014 4:44 pm Reply with quote
DuskyPredator wrote:
You know, standard anime stuff. Looks to be the silly harem anime of the season, and I would say that I am interested, something like this can be a good distraction.

It looks like this particular production addresses the one problem I have with most harem animes. They came up with a halfway decent male MC. So I will be watching.

Funny that the teenage landlady spoiler[turns out the be the most powerful character] at the end of the day.

P.S. It was dumb for Kotaro to turn down the offer of those gold bars to move out. At current rates for gold he could have used it to support himself for years in a much better place without working and still have sent half of it to dad. Oh, well. If you are hung up on logic anime is no place for you.
ookamigirl

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2014 1:06 pm Reply with quote
Satomi hoped to start a normal life.
Instead he got everything but.
He went down the rabbit hole & so did his life.
Well, at least the girls were cute.
Honestly, this does remind me of Nanana up to a certain point.
Still, I'm not feeling the right vibe from this one.
Think this one is more harem oriented.
Skipping it after all.
Clarste

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2014 5:42 am Reply with quote
HaruhiToy wrote:
P.S. It was dumb for Kotaro to turn down the offer of those gold bars to move out. At current rates for gold he could have used it to support himself for years in a much better place without working and still have sent half of it to dad. Oh, well. If you are hung up on logic anime is no place for you.

He only turned down the offer when she revealed that she planned to conquer humanity, ie: possibly kill or enslave his dad and his friends. That seems reasonable enough. Although I did wonder why he wasn't more eager about accepting the money: given his stated motivation he should have accepted it immediately.
walw6pK4Alo

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2014 7:57 am Reply with quote
HaruhiToy wrote:
P.S. It was dumb for Kotaro to turn down the offer of those gold bars to move out. At current rates for gold he could have used it to support himself for years in a much better place without working and still have sent half of it to dad.

A 100ozt bar alone is about $133,000, and those bricks were WAAAYYY bigger than that. That's a few million, easy.
Stark700

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2014 1:05 pm Reply with quote
Oh someone give Yurika a hug Confused
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
HaruhiToy

PostPosted: Sat Jul 19, 2014 12:50 am Reply with quote
Ep 2.

It is blindingly obvious where this story is going but it turns out to be a pretty fun premise anyway. The characters sometimes look like they are having fun so I guess we are too.

I feel a little bad for Yurika, though. She really is in over her head.

Kotaro and the ghost get along pretty good. It seems to me she should end up wanting him there.
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Sat Jul 19, 2014 2:24 am Reply with quote
Episode 2

Yurika kept failing, kind of sad as it sounds like she has the best intentions in mind. On the upside I think that I think she may be my favourite perhaps because she was a bit of an underdog. Followed by the guy who seems to be getting close to the ghost and they seem to be pretty friendly, which feels great, so maybe both of them together. Points down for not believing Yurika, but her trying to believe he will makes it funny. And that spoiler[possession], really not what I expected.

And how do you actually have four spoiler[female transfer students put into the same classroom]? It approaches the same crazy of Witch Craft Works, actually talking Yurika probably shares something in common there.. I actually rather liked this episode, it felt well structured.
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Sat Jul 19, 2014 5:36 pm Reply with quote
I think Yurika is my fave character, too. I feel sorry for her. I can't wait until her warning proves to be true - then all those bastard people will feel bad for not believing her!
Vaisaga

PostPosted: Sat Jul 19, 2014 6:16 pm Reply with quote
I feel bad for Yurika too, but... Damn her voice is annoying.
HaruhiToy

PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2014 3:10 pm Reply with quote
Am I reading it incorrectly or does the scorecard for the game completely misrepresent the status of the players?

It only shows red areas for losses -- it doesn't show greater area for winners. I thought the rule was that losers give centimeters to winners but any player's area is never more more than 1/6 the apartment area.
getchman
Space Cowboy

PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2014 7:10 pm Reply with quote
Yeah, I'm confused by that as well. perhaps things are being kept simple and its meant to only show who has lost the most space

And yes, Yurika's VA is rather difficult to listen to
WhiteHairGirls

PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2014 4:59 pm Reply with quote
Go Team Yurika!!
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4