• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
What does Sailor Moon mean to you? Audience Favorites - Final Round

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
supersqueak

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2014 2:56 am Reply with quote
Is it wrong to give your votes to some of the more well known entries and is it wrong for them to ask for it? I wonder since the voting is closed to all but existing members. I mean those people are pretty much voting for them because they are fans of their work but that work is Sailor Moon inspired so what difference does it truly make? I mean it is their love of the series and the creativity after all that is giving them the edge in the end isn't it?
Swirlyd

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2014 4:23 am Reply with quote
I just want to say I had a very hard time picking just one; you are all great and have such beautiful stories.

I did not see my entry here (maybe I won another prize which would be super special awesome) but as I think I put in another post, this contest got me into contact with other Moonies in the New England area and we are in the midst of forming a cosplay group together. A steampunk inspired sailor moon; if any one else is interested I can let you know we have chibi moon Uranus (maybe) and Neptune available for main scouts and almost all villains are available.
Rainsan

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2014 4:38 am Reply with quote
supersqueak wrote:
Is it wrong to give your votes to some of the more well known entries and is it wrong for them to ask for it? I wonder since the voting is closed to all but existing members. I mean those people are pretty much voting for them because they are fans of their work but that work is Sailor Moon inspired so what difference does it truly make? I mean it is their love of the series and the creativity after all that is giving them the edge in the end isn't it?

i completely understand what ur trying to say. I originally thought this as well and if it was truly them petitioning the people who were fans of their work i wouldnt have any problem with it. i would probably think they deserve to win MORE for HAVING fans for their art beyond this competition! But i saw some people who were just friends of people who had pages asking to have people funneled to the voting page to vote for them who wouldnt read any entry but just vote for who they were told to. That i think is not fair to the people who worked rly hard and shared a personal story with us.
In the big picture of things is this a big deal, its rly not because were voting for one winner, and the others will be chosen by an actual panel of people who read EVERYTHING so i think people with great stories will actually be acknowledged and appreciated. Also, you can see that a LOT of people who got through are ones with amazing stories and not just fan pages so i think we will still have a true 'ANN Audiences choice' winner because a lot of people took this contest rly srsly and even admitted to liking entries over their own.
But i think some of us sort of just like to vent sometimes about what we felt was and was not within the spirit of the contest. This show has a lot of dedicated fans and i think people are rather protective of its message and anything related to it. =)
mina.sanwald

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2014 11:55 am Reply with quote
Embarassed wow, what a crazy awesome honor!!!! I'm up against some amazing entries *fan girls everywhere* I think the most amazing thing is hundreds of people came here with their stories of how Sailor moon really shaped them into who they are today and I'm just one person out of those hundreds… and there re thousands more. SO COOL!

Anyway I want to wish everyone the very best of luck. And I always want to thank everyone who has supported me in voting or sharing. I know SOS would be so proud.

Thanks guys and gals! This pretty soldier in a sailor suit is truly moved! Sailor Venus has arrived. Very Happy <3
patti.menning

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2014 12:47 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
Yeah...and I've seen a few cases of some begging/pleading for votes from their "fans" as well.

But. I have faith the fans will dole out some moon justice and vote for the entries that really deserve it because of what they are, and not just who's in them.

I know that I just posted a link on our page, told everyone to read all the entries, and choose their favorites. Several people I know did the same. We specifically did not ask for votes, because we didn't want to ballot stuff. We just wanted to make people aware that the contest was voting, and to find a favorite and vote. There were a *lot* of amazing stories that needed to be heard.
Rin Gonzalez

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2014 1:23 pm Reply with quote
Along the lines with everyone else I'm just shocked that I even made it this far! That enough just floored me! I only joined last minute on a whim! I'm so happy that it was well received, it was straight from the heart. They have truly touched so many lives and there are so many amazing people here and each one deserves recognition! Sailor Moon was there to support us after we lost so much, and will continue to be a source of happiness and hope for generations to come. Smile In reality even 100 words will never be enough to fully thank them for making such an impact on my life and I'm sure others, we could all probably write novels on the subject, lol, but I really appreciate and cherish all the devotion that went into this great opportunity! So cheers to everyone, we're all winners to me and owe them so much more than they ever could give. xoxoxo ;w; <3
Evan M

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2014 2:48 pm Reply with quote
I'm so flattered to be among not only the finalists, but so many of your thoughts. I really didn't see this coming. Thank you all so much. If I win, I promise to take lots of pictures!

EDIT: I suppose it's worth mentioning that I'm the finalist listed as Evan, while sailorevan is likely Evan MacIsaac. That's quite the coincidence.
whiskeyii

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2014 5:02 pm Reply with quote
Argh, TWO of the people I picked got in! (I know, what a problem, right? Rolling Eyes ) Welp, fingers crossed!

Evan M wrote:
I'm so flattered to be among not only the finalists, but so many of your thoughts. I really didn't see this coming. Thank you all so much. If I win, I promise to take lots of pictures!

EDIT: I suppose it's worth mentioning that I'm the finalist listed as Evan, while sailorevan is likely Evan MacIsaac. That's quite the coincidence.

That's really funny! XDDD
Tempest
I Run this place.
ANN Publisher

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2014 6:02 pm Reply with quote
I really can't fault people for linking to the contest on their own pages or even asking their friends and followers to vote for them. I don't think it's unethical to campaign, but it's up to the organization running any vote to make sure that campaigning doesn't unfairly skew a vote.

Amusingly enough, we learned this lesson (the hard way) thanks to Sailor Moon fans a long, long time ago...
angelbunnyjp

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2014 9:45 pm Reply with quote
Tempest wrote:
I really can't fault people for linking to the contest on their own pages or even asking their friends and followers to vote for them.

Well hey! Here's to hoping someone wins fairly. So many people had so many amazing stories and surely the fans voting can see that! I've already seen one of the contestants campaigning like crazy but I'm hoping people actually read the stories and don't just look at a pretty painting and vote out of fangirl-ness. Smile
silentgrace7

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2014 10:32 pm Reply with quote
I can't wait to see the rest of the winners~
CodenameSailorB

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2014 10:38 pm Reply with quote
I just wanted to say I'm so excited and thankful to be listed among the finalists for this Sailor Moon contest! (I'm Brianna Angelakis. You might also know me as my username/blog on tumblr/twitter as CodenameSailorB.)

I still can't get over the overwhelming response to this contest. After all of these years, it's absolutely unreal and wonderful to know how many lives Sailor Moon has changed. I'm really looking forward to seeing all of the winners!

Best of luck everyone and thank you so much again!
tygerchickchibi

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2014 2:33 pm Reply with quote
Tempest wrote:

Amusingly enough, we learned this lesson (the hard way) thanks to Sailor Moon fans a long, long time ago...

I am...tempted to hear this story...someday, haha.
silentgrace7

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2014 4:55 pm Reply with quote
Hm? Where did the post with the most creative winner go? o_o

EDIT: okay, nevermind. I found it Anime smile had to go through the search page a wee bit, but I found it.

Congrats to both winners so far, as well as the ones to come Smile
Swirlyd

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2014 4:15 am Reply with quote
Is it bad that I feel like Charlie Bucket right now waiting to hear who the grand prize winner is?
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3