• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Rail Wars! (TV).

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2014 1:48 pm Reply with quote
Episode 2

So how was your first day as a spoiler[train station mall cop]?
Pretty normal, helped an old lady, put up posters, spoiler[and defused a bomb], you know normal. They probably should have at least gotten on spoiler[the phone to a bomb expert, that is if she was not somehow one herself].

Would be nice if they did not actually do the so obvious of making the tsundere fall stereotypically for the nice guy because he is so nice.
casualfan

PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2014 11:00 am Reply with quote
The guy isn't just nice but also extremely heroic to put his life on the line like that. Realistically anybody would just evacuate and let the bomb disposal experts do their job. It makes for good anime though.
WhiteHairGirls

PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2014 2:29 pm Reply with quote
So it is safe to say after 2 episodes that the original creator is a butt guy.
EmbraceMe

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2014 9:16 pm Reply with quote
I could make so many train jokes about this show -- how it'll go off track, maybe end up a train wreck, but that would derail the thread. It's a pretty fun show judging from the first two episodes; I'm displeased that its fanservice is mild and is all tease but I can't complain about Sakurai's caboose. Wink
Alberto7

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2014 11:14 pm Reply with quote
^ Seriously, so far it's just a shame that it doesn't have more fanservice. It might just be the thing to save it. Laughing
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Sat Jul 19, 2014 1:39 am Reply with quote
Episode 3

Wait, why do they still wear High School uniforms, I thought they pretty much graduated? If they are still attending school as well as well as working, they have done a terribly confusing job at explaining that.

I can kind of understand why she might get more help into spoiler[finding the friend from the main characters than the police, she had been missing maybe several hours], don't know how much the spoiler[police would get involved over a short time]. What would have been police or at least backup worthy would be when they spoiler[had evidence of abduction and had approximate knowledge of where she might be]. They knew that some spoiler[man grabbed her and they did not even go in with a sidearm], a situation it may be warranted.
Gina Szanboti

PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2014 12:43 am Reply with quote
Episode 3 was just too stupid for words from the very opening scene. An audiophile recording train sounds with high-end gear, and both of them contaminating their audio with their unnecessary little sounds of pleasure. Then when she's trying to pick up nearly inaudible clues from a sound file, the two idiots can't stop yakking right behind her head. Oy vey.

Everything in between was people just sitting around talking about inane garbage, until at last! a fight breaks out...and they freeze frame and go to another infodump gabfest. Even Bee Train would have been too ashamed to go that far to avoid animating anything.

I can't take anymore. I'm jumping off before the next station.
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2014 5:52 pm Reply with quote
I'm still liking this. It's nothing special but I like the characters and the train stuff is kind of interesting. Looks like some fanservice coming next week.
Crusher X303

PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2014 6:04 pm Reply with quote
I liked this episode... just like the others it was zany and fun. I don't know why others are confused about them still going to school... plenty of people get jobs and attend school at the same time. (if my 65 year old pops could understand it then it must not have been too confusing.)
getchman
Space Cowboy

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2014 7:53 pm Reply with quote
Sassho has an interesting skill, but it couldn't save the episode from being dull.
Bango

PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2014 10:45 pm Reply with quote
I thought this was the Stellvia/Gravion dude and that one shot of their boss' face looking onward nailed it. Man did he ever get better at this. I had kind of a Burn Up Scramble thought with the art but I'm unsure who that was and checking the encyclopedia on my phone is a pain.

Anyway, I kind of liked this ep more than the bomb one for whatever reason. It was very heartfelt.
WhiteHairGirls

PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2014 1:04 am Reply with quote
So is every girl that shows up in this anime going to eventually fall for him.
leatherhead333

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2014 1:55 am Reply with quote
Episode 4

Uh.....is there an explanation on why the security team wasn't spoiler[in front of the audience or backstage during the concert?] Why were all of them in the back of the crowd? I don't get it.... Confused
Gewürtztraminer

PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2014 11:58 pm Reply with quote
I detect a female rear end fetish.
I can not say I disapprove since so much fanservice goes the other way.
HaruhiToy

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2014 10:29 pm Reply with quote
Gewürtztraminer wrote:
I detect a female rear end fetish.

Guilty.

How the hell did none of all that get censored anyway?

Anyway I just caught up with this series and I am on board with the opinion this is all about dumb people doing dumb things -- as of now with lots of fan service added in. Yet it's fun and you learn something about trains.

My big head-scratcher question is how do you apply for a job as a train engineer and end up working security? And never objecting to it? Is that some sort of typical Japanese vocational experience or something?

I agree with what others have said about the characters being a bit generic but the script saves them. For example yeah Takayama got knocked out in the middle of a boob squeeze and gets an eyeful when he wakes up -- but Lida actually has the poise to not make a big deal out of it! Normally you would see some male-as-a-punching-bag violence. When's the last time you saw that situation handled like that? Generic character does something unique. That's a good thing.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 2 of 5