• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Sentai Filmworks November 2014 Solicitations

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Industry -> Retail
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2014 6:35 am Reply with quote
Dfens wrote:
Take Amagami SS on Blu-Ray it's 53.99 on pre-order right now when their is no sale going on. When their is a sale which pre-orders do qualify for at the lowest it will be 41.99 and with membership of 10 percent off along with the sale 37.79 total before shipping. How do I know this because I always buy all my items from them this way during their sales to get the lowest price possible and order enough stuff to qualify for free shipping.

I think your numbers are off. As you say, Amagami SS is currently being offered at TRSI for the pre-order price of $54. That reflects TRSI's standard 40% discount on pre-orders (the MRSP is $90). So if it becomes a weekly special at some point, it will be $54 again and you won't be able to use GA. If it becomes available through a Sentai sale, it will be $54 plus if you have GA you'll get a further 10%, so the cost will be around $49. I don't know where you are getting your $42 figure from. For that to happen, a sale would have to discount the title by 47%. As I said before, TRSI's discounts generally don't go over 40% until the Christmas sale or the bargain bin.
RightStufSpecialsMinion
Company Representative

PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2014 9:32 am Reply with quote
Blood- wrote:
As you say, Amagami SS is currently being offered at TRSI for the pre-order price of $54. That reflects TRSI's standard 40% discount on pre-orders (the MRSP is $90). So if it becomes a weekly special at some point, it will be $54 again and you won't be able to use GA.

Just want to pop in and note that it's a weekly special now. Smile We don't have a standard pre-order discount; I just like putting new things in the specials.
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2014 10:12 am Reply with quote
@ RSSM - ah, thanks for the clarification. I did assume that pre-orders from the larger distribs like Funi or Sentai automatically got a 40% discount.

We highly approve of your fondness for putting new stuff in the weekly specials. Wink
Angel M Cazares

PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2014 10:41 am Reply with quote
RightStufSpecialsMinion wrote:
Blood- wrote:
As you say, Amagami SS is currently being offered at TRSI for the pre-order price of $54. That reflects TRSI's standard 40% discount on pre-orders (the MRSP is $90). So if it becomes a weekly special at some point, it will be $54 again and you won't be able to use GA.

Just want to pop in and note that it's a weekly special now. Smile We don't have a standard pre-order discount; I just like putting new things in the specials.

Are you sure about that? I did the math, and the current price of the Amagami SS BD reflects TRSI's standard 40% discount on pre-orders that Blood- has been talking about.

Unless you do not want all people to find out that most anime disc releases have a 40% discount from the moment they are first listed all the way to a few weeks before street date.Twisted Evil
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2014 10:51 am Reply with quote
@ angelmcazares - I should probably just let RSSM explain, but I think the point is that there is no automatic 40% discount on pre-orders on Funi and Sentai titles like I had assumed, BUT in practice, many new titles get put in the weekly specials section and that's where the 40% discount comes from.
Angel M Cazares

PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2014 11:01 am Reply with quote
Blood- wrote:
but I think the point is that there is no automatic 40% discount on pre-orders on Funi and Sentai titles like I had assumed

I have also assumed that. I suppose it does not matter how TRSI wants to classify their discounts. The most important thing is that they offer great prices and service.
WTK

PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2014 8:43 pm Reply with quote
DKL

PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2014 8:45 pm Reply with quote
Waaaaaat

God damn it, I wish they did this to begin with lol
SpacemanHardy

PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2014 10:04 pm Reply with quote
That book looks awfully small. Still not sure if it's worth the $90 price tag. Confused
Angel M Cazares

PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2014 10:58 pm Reply with quote
The CE of High School of the Dead looks amazing. If I was not happy with my BD set, I would get this new set. But this gives me hope that the Chuunibyou S1 CE (which I already pre-ordered) could be very special.
Dfens

PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2014 4:41 pm Reply with quote
Actually the new Collectors Edition for HOTD is the same design as the re-release from singles to a box set that they got in Japan.

I already have the series but will re-buy this one just for that gorgeous artwork on the box that the author of the manga series did just for box set release. I could careless for the extra trinkets since I have more rare/high end Artbooks for the series.

Plus like I said with the current sale and membership it's only $80.99 so you can save 9 dollars of the $89.99 price tag plus it qualifies for free shipping.

Going to sell my old set which is still sealed new to cover part of the price of this newer release.
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2014 7:32 pm Reply with quote
Urg. There is a part of me that really wants to double dip and get the HotD CE. But no. One must be sensible.
Animegomaniac

PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2014 11:22 am Reply with quote
Dfens wrote:

Plus like I said with the current sale and membership it's only $80.99 so you can save 9 dollars of the $89.99 price tag plus it qualifies for free shipping.

So instead of being a little more than double any other 12-13 episode series, it's...

No, they're on sale too. It's a sad state of affairs for Sentai when I can look at Log Horizon 1 and 2 and, thanks to HSoTD CE, think "That's not a bad deal."
Dfens

PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2014 2:26 pm Reply with quote
Please don't turn this into oh it's they are charging too much while such and such company would charge less.

You don't like the price then don't buy it. They still offer the regular editions for half the price if you just want the show only DVD or Blu-Ray.

I'm happy that one of my all time favorite series is getting a nice box set and the same design art wise as the Japanese release but I don't have to pay 300 dollars for a set with no english subtitles or dub to get it.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Industry -> Retail All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4