• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Incorrect Geneon Title Listings

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Encyclopedia
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ANN_Lynzee
ANN Executive Editor

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2014 1:17 pm Reply with quote
Found this out the hard way after writing my column. Following series are credited to Geneon, but they either licensed the soundtrack and not the actual show, or neither.

Fruits Basket: anime#348

Love Hina:
as the minor note, but should be moved to just "soundtrack" anime#168

Revolutionary Girl Utena: anime#207
(already in the soundtrack, licensed by credit should be removed)

There's probably more. If you go through company's page (company#1782), the disambiguation of "soundtrack" does not show up under "licensed by." I used this for several companies on my column recently and made the mistake of not clicking individual entries to double check.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
DerekTheRed

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2014 5:55 pm Reply with quote
octopodpie wrote:
There's probably more. If you go through company's page (company#1782), the disambiguation of "soundtrack" does not show up under "licensed by." I used this for several companies on my column recently and made the mistake of not clicking individual entries to double check.

Yeah, the precision field does not show up when viewing a company page. I guess this is a good time to ask... Bug or feature?
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Encyclopedia All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1