• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Shout! Factory Adds Kyōryū Sentai Zyuranger Sentai Show

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mr Adventure

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2014 5:25 am Reply with quote
Speaking of Blu-ray...

I hope this in on blu-ray.
Dessa

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2014 11:15 am Reply with quote
Does S!F even release on BD? None of their Power Rangers releases have been (including the 1:1 helmet case that held the DVDs of every single season to that point), so I doubt they'll release Zyu on BD.
doomydoomdoom

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2014 11:51 am Reply with quote
They do great Blu-Rays, just not for TV shows of any kind IIRC.
tangytangerine

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2014 2:52 pm Reply with quote
Dessa wrote:
Does S!F even release on BD? None of their Power Rangers releases have been (including the 1:1 helmet case that held the DVDs of every single season to that point), so I doubt they'll release Zyu on BD.

Yeah, they release stuff on BD. Although it seems to be shows that are already in HD like Transformers Prime & G.I. Joe Renegades.

The stuff like this that is SD looks to just have DVD releases. So there more than likely won't be a BD.
Stuart Smith

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2014 7:04 pm Reply with quote
Dessa wrote:
*crosses fingers for Gokaiger*

Given Saban's current Megaforce series is using footage from Gokaiger, they will probably avoid it out of fear of confusing consumers. If any more of these come out it will most likely be restricted to older series so as not to compete with the Power Rangers brand.

Speaking of which the later sentai might be problematic given they have a lot of content that crosses over with other toku series like Kamen Rider, Space Sheriff Gavan, and Metal Heroes. A lot of the movies and even some episodes recently have started including Toei's other toku heroes. I'm not sure if those characters and the respective footage would be included in a western release.

-Stuart Smith
TheAnagelic1

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2014 8:21 pm Reply with quote
Now, I never thought we'd see this. I guess PR really does sell well enough to warrant this considering they screwed around with the last vol of VR Troopers, didn't finish Beetleborgs and didn't even bother with Masked Rider.

But yeah, I guess sales of this will really be the factor for other sentai shows and movies. If you want more, buy this sucker as soon as you can.
E-Master

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2014 8:29 pm Reply with quote
I too would love to see the other Super Sentai shows get R1 DVD releases including the ones that were never adapted into any of the Power Ranger seasons. Not trying to hold my breath for that to happen, but just felt like thinking out loud on the subject. And it's at least a blessing that Zyuranger will be on R1 DVD.

Reminds me of the last anime club I ever attended at my college 3 years ago. Where I had the privilege to show the first episode of Zyuranger to everyone at the club cause I was virtually the only one who has seen that series entirely. Unfortunately no one in the club made any comments on the first episode other than reacting to the yellow ranger being male instead of female in that series.
fuuma_monou

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2014 1:22 am Reply with quote
Beatdigga wrote:
Totally get why, but I'd rather see Jetman.

I'd prefer Jetman too, since it was the last Super Sentai show before Power Rangers started up. Watched it dubbed in Tagalog way back when. Since then, no more Tagalog dubs of Super Sentai, just Power Rangers.
mdo7

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2014 3:02 pm Reply with quote
E-Master wrote:
I too would love to see the other Super Sentai shows get R1 DVD releases including the ones that were never adapted into any of the Power Ranger seasons. Not trying to hold my breath for that to happen, but just felt like thinking out loud on the subject. And it's at least a blessing that Zyuranger will be on R1 DVD.

Yes I would like to see other Super Sentai (the older one before Zyuranger) shows get R1 release not only on DVDs, but I want it streaming on sites like Dramafever, Viki, and CR. Saban and Shout! Factory can take advantage of the K-drama/Asian dramas fad/popularity to showcase Super Sentai and other Toku shows. I know Dramafever had 2 Toku shows stream on there before it was taken down.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3