• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Bandai Acquires Galaxy Angel X, S Special

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
.hacker

PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2007 1:42 pm Reply with quote
YES!!!! It's about time! Finally, the whole GA series will be available! This is a day for GA fans to celebrate!! They're even bringing S over!! Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
icepick314

PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2007 2:26 pm Reply with quote
well....this is better news that Bandai is releasing rest of Galaxy Angel instead of Bandai Visual with Galaxy Angel Rune...

so anyone planning to pay for that price of $50 for Galaxy Angel Rune?
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
bci110

PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2007 3:09 pm Reply with quote
Not a big surprise in my view, but I'm glad that BEI will continue on in distributing the rest of the GA franchise. As with AA, I'll wait for the eventual collection to come out.

And no, I don't plan on buying or watching Galaxy Angel Rune.
CrazyCanuck

PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2007 4:21 pm Reply with quote
icepick314 wrote:
so anyone planning to pay for that price of $50 for Galaxy Angel Rune?

Planning to buy it? Guilty as charged. As has been noted in other threads, I'm an obsessive compulsive completist with too large an anime budget.

Mind you I still don't plan to pay anywhere near retail price. Very Happy
Mylene

PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2007 5:12 pm Reply with quote
I'm highly amused. Just 10 minutes ago I was talking to my husband about X and S and how I wasn't sure if Bandai Entertainment had officially licensed them yet or not (as we had just watched episodes 23 & 24 of GA A). I sit down to my computer, and this is the first thing that comes up. What a fun coincidence.

I think that this point, we're going to get these as they come out, much as we are with AA. The original, Z, and A we bought the collections of, but mainly because we only started watching the series just a few months ago. I'm completely hooked on its silly humor, and love how it doesn't resort to gross out tactics. It can be really out there, but I still prefer to something like Excel Saga (which I just couldn't get that into...I like it okay, but don't just love it.)

As for Lune/Rune whatever it's going to be called...I don't know. I mean, for me the whole appeal of GA is the original Angel Brigade. I'm not sure I'd even like the new characters. No Mint or Forte? Not going to be my cup of tea. And at those prices, I'll definitely rent before buying, something I don't do with the rest of the GA franchise.
icepick314

PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2007 5:32 pm Reply with quote
Mylene wrote:
As for Lune/Rune whatever it's going to be called...I don't know. I mean, for me the whole appeal of GA is the original Angel Brigade. I'm not sure I'd even like the new characters. No Mint or Forte? Not going to be my cup of tea. And at those prices, I'll definitely rent before buying, something I don't do with the rest of the GA franchise.

don't mind the new characters....Rune still has so much fun and comedy.....checked out first episode fansub and loved the story....if you can find it, try it....the opening music maybe too catchy to resist...

CrazyCanuck wrote:
Planning to buy it? Guilty as charged. As has been noted in other threads, I'm an obsessive compulsive completist with too large an anime budget.

Mind you I still don't plan to pay anywhere near retail price. Very Happy

i have somewhat of similiar condition where i do need to collect every single series but the price per minute just sucks compared to other series...

if i see it under $22 in retail, i'll pick it up but $50 MSRP is just TOO much...

Last edited by icepick314 on Sat Jun 02, 2007 5:41 pm; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
DmonHiro

PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2007 5:35 pm Reply with quote
While I do enjoy the Galaxy Angel anime....what I really want are the games in english. They are WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY better then the anime, they have a great story line and interaction between characters and a lot more background information. Please....someone translate the games. Anime cry Anime cry
MrSir115

PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2007 6:04 pm Reply with quote
DmonHiro wrote:
While I do enjoy the Galaxy Angel anime....what I really want are the games in english. They are WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY better then the anime, they have a great story line and interaction between characters and a lot more background information. Please....someone translate the games. Anime cry Anime cry

They are planning on releasing all the games here. Only problem is its not Broccoli doing the translating its some other company and they want to release all 3 of them at once. Only problem is they need to hire translators. Of course I head this back in 2005 so who knows what they are doing.

As for Rune...I'm going to buy it...I have to! Laughing

And Galaxy Angel X, I'll wait for complete collection to come out for this one. I have already seen it in Japanese and I'm not to impressed but to say I own alot of Galaxy Angel Stuff and the entire series, I will get it.

I pre-ordered AA back when Bandai announced the GA Promotion. If you pre-ordered Galaxy Angel AA you would get the first vol. of Galaxy Angel season 1 with limited edition art box and pencil boards and figures for free. Cool Well thats what TRSI advertised anyway. I guess I'll wait and see!
Asrialys

PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2007 8:18 pm Reply with quote
Woohoo. Finally.

Yeah. If we're going to buy Galaxy Angel, we can't go without Rune too. Places like DVD Pacific or Amazon Marketplace will probably have cheap prices. I think that most veteran anime sellers would see how ridiculous the prices are and drop them. Of course, most shop sites will sell near retail price, but there are places that would sell cheaper.

MrSir115 wrote:
I pre-ordered AA back when Bandai announced the GA Promotion. If you pre-ordered Galaxy Angel AA you would get the first vol. of Galaxy Angel season 1 with limited edition art box and pencil boards and figures for free. Cool Well thats what TRSI advertised anyway. I guess I'll wait and see!

Heh, I did the same thing...despite already having the Galaxy Angel box and entire series. However, I didn't get the one with the figures. I pre-ordered since it was cheap and and the limited edition is free. And the box I have is in not so great of a condition despite coming to me "new."
Mylene

PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2007 10:08 pm Reply with quote
icepick314 wrote:
Don't mind the new characters....Rune still has so much fun and comedy.....checked out first episode fansub and loved the story....if you can find it, try it....the opening music maybe too catchy to resist...

The appeal of Galaxy Angel for me is the characters more than anything else. Different characters doing the same thing just doesn't have an appeal. Heck, I didn't like it when A introduced Kokomo and Malibu (although it's ended up being just fine because they faded to the background after just a couple of episodes.) I still plan on viewing Rune/Lune, but I will be renting it beforehand to see if I want to buy it. I've been bitten once before by purchasing something just because it was part of a series and then finding out it was not my cup of tea (.hack//Legend of the Twilight as a specific example.)
Mike Toole
Subscriber
ANN Columnist

PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2007 6:29 am Reply with quote
bci110 wrote:

And no, I don't plan on buying or watching Galaxy Angel Rune.

Same here. I caught a taste of Rune, and found it dreadful. The comically high price of the US release isn't going to somehow make me any more interested.

Delighted by this news, though. GA is a huge favorite of mine-- I like that the characters are cute without being ridiculously oversexualized, I love the subversive humor, and I really dig the English dub. This is one of the best anime comedies of the past decade, IMO, and I'm happy we're definitely going to get the whole thing in English.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime
DuelLadyS

PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2007 9:36 am Reply with quote
I'm not having anything to do with Rune at release. I don't like spending more than $20-22 on a single anime volume.... that's not going to change because Bandai Visual thinks us arrogant Americans should go "oh, anime costs this much in Japan, so I should pay that too." (Methinks they don't know their fanbase so good... I mean, when we can argue endlessly with fansub-watchers about whether or not we should even pay for anime in the first place... well, raising prices so drastically seems like a silly move.)

I don't think Rune has remotely the hit-power to justify its price tag, and that means one thing... eventually, it'll go on clearance. Once it falls into my price range, then we'll see about getting it.

X and S, on the other hand, I''ll probably pre-order right away... 'probably' because I'm getting twitchy about the inconsistency in my GA set.... GA's in a cardboard art box, Z and A are in brick-type cases, and AA will be single volumes. I'm hoping for some artboxes or something here, as I sort my anime by case-type on the shelf... as it is, GA is set to get split into 3 parts.
psipsy

PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2007 11:30 am Reply with quote
It wouldn't surprise me if the entire franchise (aside from Rune) was licensed from the start.

As for Rune, there's going to be a few die-hard fans that buy it because they want it and can afford it, but it's not going to fly off the shelves. Most of the copies of that and whatever else Bandai Visual releases are going to collect dust until BV puts down their crack pipe.
DKL

PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2007 2:00 pm Reply with quote
I approve of this awesome.

And yeah, I'll probably startup my thread again some time.
mmangelly

PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2007 8:18 pm Reply with quote
This is great news, I was hoping that this was going to happen.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2