• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Monthly Ikki Magazine's Individual Series' Plans Announced

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mr Adventure

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2014 1:39 pm Reply with quote
So where do you think Dorohedoro will end up? Jump Squared? Weekly Young Jump? Ultra Jump?
jagman1x3

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2014 2:19 pm Reply with quote
Mr Adventure wrote:
So where do you think Dorohedoro will end up? Jump Squared? Weekly Young Jump? Ultra Jump?

No way to know for sure, but I think it's safe to guess that it'll at least be something that's actually published by Shogakukan.
Mr Adventure

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2014 3:44 pm Reply with quote
jagman1x3 wrote:
Mr Adventure wrote:

No way to know for sure, but I think it's safe to guess that it'll at least be something that's actually published by Shogakukan.

Haha oops. I actually though Ikki was published by Shueisha. Ma readin is gud.
Hawkmoth

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2014 4:49 pm Reply with quote
No! Sunny! NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
GordanHam

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2014 5:34 pm Reply with quote
I really love reading Afterschool Charisma whenever Viz puts a new volume out. Hopefully it is an actual ending and not just a slapdash thing tacked on because it can't find a new home.

And I was surprised to see Dorohedoro was continuing, the finale was announced a year ago already, with 19 being the final volume. I guess that didn't pan out...
sailorneorune

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2014 6:45 pm Reply with quote
GordanHam wrote:
I really love reading Afterschool Charisma whenever Viz puts a new volume out. Hopefully it is an actual ending and not just a slapdash thing tacked on because it can't find a new home.

^ This.
CallumKeyblade

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2014 6:50 pm Reply with quote
GordanHam wrote:
And I was surprised to see Dorohedoro was continuing, the finale was announced a year ago already, with 19 being the final volume. I guess that didn't pan out...

I believe that has changed & volume 20 is supposed to be the final volume now.
KH91

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2014 7:19 pm Reply with quote
Which story is Shiro Kamiya from(the one in the thumbnail)?
Surrender Artist

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2014 7:29 pm Reply with quote
Praise be, for Dorohedoro is saved!

I have become especially fond of it and would hate for Viz's unhurried, but seemingly persistent crawl toward publishing it to end off an unintended cliff. I only hope that the change of venue doesn't affect the content. I confess to having no reason to particularly expect that it would, but I wouldn't be me if I weren't worried about something.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Shenl742

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2014 7:31 pm Reply with quote
Surrender Artist wrote:
Praise be, for Dorohedoro is saved!

I have become especially fond of it and would hate for Viz's unhurried, but seemingly persistent crawl toward publishing it to end off an unintended cliff. I only hope that the change of venue doesn't affect the content. I confess to having no reason to particularly expect that it would, but I wouldn't be me if I weren't worried about something.

Ditto. Dorohedoro is a series that just came out of nowhere and knocked me on my ass. It's so close to ending right now and I just want to see how all the bloody madness gets tied up!
GordanHam

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2014 11:28 pm Reply with quote
KH91 wrote:

He is from the series "Afterschool Charisma". I really like a lot of the SigIkki line, but Afterschool Charisma is definitely my favorite.
bahamut623

PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2014 1:26 am Reply with quote
What's the difference between the series that will end in Oct/Nov and the ones that will serialize until Oct/Nov? Does that just mean the latter will abruptly stop without any kind of ending, rushed or otherwise? I'm enjoying Sunny, so I'll be sad to see it go (along with all the others I haven't read).

I hope Viz might give us a few more titles, at least. Levius in particular looks gorgeous. As does Golondrina, which I always kind of expected to get licensed, since Est Em has something of a following.
barbapapa

PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2014 5:35 am Reply with quote
it's weird that they're actually moving Dorohedoro to another magazine, I mean it's almost over... I guess a lot of people bought Ikki for that one in particular

also I read in another source that Sunny is also being moved to another magazine, in stead of just being wrapped up in tankobon form

oh yeah, the "other" magazine might just be the rebranded version of Ikki they were talking about
Agent355

PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2014 10:14 am Reply with quote
sailorneorune wrote:
GordanHam wrote:

^ This.

Thirded. Afterschool Charisma keeps blowing away my expectations and has gotten increasingly addictive in its latter volumes. You wouldn't think a manga with characters like "Clone Hitler" could be taken seriously, let alone be a fun read, but the author really pulls it all together and balances the drama and humor so well. And the art is fantastic! Plus, (clone) Sigmond Freud as a teenage boy is hilarious! Laughing

So I hope the manga-ka can tie it up well, even if I can't quite see how, since vol 9 (the volume Viz just released) seemed like it was getting the ball rolling with new plot revelations and bigger mysteries in play.
KH91

PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2014 1:22 am Reply with quote
GordanHam wrote:
KH91 wrote:

He is from the series "Afterschool Charisma". I really like a lot of the SigIkki line, but Afterschool Charisma is definitely my favorite.

Thank you. You are my savior. Sounds like I'll enjoy it.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1