• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: The Last -Naruto the Movie-'s Longer Teaser Streamed

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TsukasaElkKite

PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2014 9:23 pm Reply with quote
I'm looking forward to this one.
Spotlesseden

PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2014 9:42 pm Reply with quote
the manga should end next year too.
KH91

PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2014 9:46 pm Reply with quote
Naruto ends up with Sakura I presume.

(dont bother replying, Im not even up to where the manga and anime are yet)
Beatdigga

PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2014 9:56 pm Reply with quote
Yup, this is either going to be an epilogue to the manga, an adaptation of its final chapters, or an alternate ending.

Cool.
Ashen Phoenix

PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2014 10:08 pm Reply with quote
Beatdigga wrote:
Yup, this is either going to be an epilogue to the manga, an adaptation of its final chapters, or an alternate ending.

Cool.

I'm cool with any of those.
Spotlesseden

PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2014 10:11 pm Reply with quote
Beatdigga wrote:

Cool.

then the manga has to end this year because the movie is this year. OR it's just another random movie.
Kruszer

PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2014 10:15 pm Reply with quote

Random English no Jutsu.

Last edited by Kruszer on Thu Jul 31, 2014 10:31 pm; edited 1 time in total
yappers4

PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2014 10:16 pm Reply with quote
Spotlesseden wrote:
Beatdigga wrote:

Cool.

then the manga has to end this year because the movie is this year. OR it's just another random movie.

I have a gut feeling that it will end on the week of Naruto's birthday or at some point in October, assuming they won't draw out the final battle any longer than it already has been.
Naruto Guru

PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2014 10:52 pm Reply with quote
I can't live with the fact that this manga is ending and there wont be Part 3. I'd rather die. NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
Beatdigga

PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2014 11:40 pm Reply with quote
Kruszer wrote:

Random English no Jutsu.

I've seen this type of English placement before. Kamen Rider The First comes to mind.
TheAncientOne

PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2014 12:50 am Reply with quote
"The super epic film that connects to the next generation begins!"

Hmm....
cloud8100

PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2014 2:52 am Reply with quote
Jeez, even though I don't really read the manga or watch the anime as much, this makes me feel sad that its ending Crying or Very sad
vanfanel

PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2014 8:01 am Reply with quote
KH91 wrote:
Naruto ends up with Sakura I presume.

(don't bother replying, Im not even up to where the manga and anime are yet)

Replying anyway Smile

My concern about this is that it may be a sign that he doesn't end up with anyone, and in general that the story may end with any number of things still unsettled. I say this because A) the manga may not be finished by the time the movie comes out, and B) the TV series definitely won't be (unless the manga ends next week and the anime suddenly starts charging ahead filler-free and full speed).

Are they going to spoil details of the finale in this thing? I think not. Yet at the current point in the story, so many things are up in the air that practically anything they show (or conspicuously don't show) is going to be a spoiler of some sort. I hope this doesn't mean we'll get a bland ending that leaves the door open on everything just in case he decides to come back to it someday....

C'mon Kishi, we've stuck with you all these years, so don't wimp out on us!
Mr. sickVisionz

PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2014 10:49 am Reply with quote
I personally don't need or want every single possible question settled. They could even leave it up in the air if he becomes Hokage or not. I'd be find with it ending like Matrix 1 where Neo beats the bad guy of that movie, flies off, and it's up to you to assume what happens next. Those type of endings are fine with me. I don't need a time skip that shows like where every character is 20 years later.

They've already answered everything I questioned about the Naruto character (whether the village would eventually accept him) years back. The only thing I'm dying to know is if Sasuke is welcomed back or still branded as a criminal.
Preacherofdoom

PostPosted: Sat Aug 02, 2014 3:08 am Reply with quote
Mr. sickVisionz wrote:
I personally don't need or want every single possible question settled. They could even leave it up in the air if he becomes Hokage or not. I'd be find with it ending like Matrix 1 where Neo beats the bad guy of that movie, flies off, and it's up to you to assume what happens next. Those type of endings are fine with me. I don't need a time skip that shows like where every character is 20 years later.

They've already answered everything I questioned about the Naruto character (whether the village would eventually accept him) years back. The only thing I'm dying to know is if Sasuke is welcomed back or still branded as a criminal.

that type of ending would make me disgusted. i want a definitive conclusion to naruto and sasuke. anything less will be unacceptable especially since kishi revealed a year ago or more that he already has the ending figured out. i want a breaking bad conclusive ending that's satisfying and allows me to move on looking back with mostly fond memories of the series. he better not fudge this up.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2