• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Which manga series would you really like to see as an anime?

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Manga
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jacquipuff

PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2014 7:45 pm Reply with quote
I'd like to see Genkaku Picasso as an anime. It's only 3 volumes long, so 12 or 13 episodes could suit it fine. There's a lot of rather surreal imagery in it that I think would look wonderful in color and motion. Plus I just think it's a great series overall, and since more people probably watch anime than read manga (at least on the English-speaking side of the fandom), an anime would allow people to experience it who otherwise might not.
akunonakamura

PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2014 7:31 am Reply with quote
It would be awesome if the Aku No Hana anime was finished. I feel like they might not do it because of the Kasuga rape scene. But I loved the rotoscoping. Hate all you want, it's unique and edgy. Also, The Stellar Six of Gingacho and Lying Mii-kun and Broken Maa-Chan would be fab.
keiwa11

PostPosted: Sun Aug 03, 2014 11:30 am Reply with quote
I would love to see Dengeki Daisy ( recently ended) as an anime. It's a lot more than just an ordinary shojo manga. Lot's of action too.
Johan Liebert

PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2014 9:36 am Reply with quote
Digital Dragon wrote:
Personally for me it would be World Embryo, Defense Devil, +Anima, 1/2 Prince and Witch Hunter (Cho Jung-man). What manga do YOU think should, ney i say it DESERVE to be an anime? *insert more fanboy rant here* And which animes would you think needs a remake? and why?

"Wolf Guy- Ookami No Monshou"

"Monster" should be reanimated imo. They need to make the character models look better like "Death Note", they looked plain. Also since the series was more about Johan's story, the MC should be Johan, not Tenma. Imo Tenma felt like a boring character playing cat-and-mouse game, it would be much interesting if it was showing more of Johan's side. Johan was barely shown in 74 episodes, he was shown at episode 4 and then obscured till episode 25. I still like the series the way it is, but I know it could've done much better. I want the series to be famous as or more than "Death Note". I still believe Johan is more vicious than Light because he was evil when he was a kid, Light is a smart student that got obsessed with god's power. They're both dark in there own way. Johan being anti-christ, Light being anti-hero.
otakudays

PostPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2014 8:13 pm Reply with quote
Jezebelle wrote:
I'd really like to see an anime adaptation of Black Bird. I think it would translate well from paper to the screen. Plus the manga is finished now so an anime could tell the complete story without having to make up an ending.

YES.
Black Bird does have the potential to become a really good anime. It doesn't have as much reverse hareminess as I originally thought.
I read an awful lot of shoujo, but I think that Faster than a Kiss or Love so Life would be a nice animated series.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Manga All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Page 5 of 5