• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Funimation Licenses Haruhi Suzumiya, Lucky Star Anime; Strike Witches, Steins;Gate Films

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Random 21

PostPosted: Sat Aug 09, 2014 7:20 pm Reply with quote
FINALLY! It took long enough for the KyoAni shows to get licensed.
Greed1914

PostPosted: Sat Aug 09, 2014 7:23 pm Reply with quote
Nice to finally see the acquisition of the Steins;Gate movie.
Barbobot

PostPosted: Sat Aug 09, 2014 7:23 pm Reply with quote
So many home video acquisitions in 1 post. Super glad they finally picked up Haruhi though. It felt inevitable that it would happen. More just a matter of when. I missed Bandai's release of it so will definitely be picking it up when Funi releases. The first season at least, unless the only version they release is both season's in 1 set.
heavyweather

PostPosted: Sat Aug 09, 2014 7:25 pm Reply with quote
Greed1914 wrote:
Nice to finally see the acquisition of the Steins;Gate movie.

Agreed. I'm very excited about this. I hope that it's as good as the series. I'll be pre-ordering this one ASAP.
Raikuro

PostPosted: Sat Aug 09, 2014 7:27 pm Reply with quote
If Funi was smart they'd release both Haruhi seasons in one set, but section off the Endless Eight onto one single disc that can easily be thrown out.
penguintruth

PostPosted: Sat Aug 09, 2014 7:30 pm Reply with quote
Maybe I'll finally pick up that second season of Haruhi. Maybe. (I did like "Bamboo Leaf Rhapsody" and "Sighs of Haruhi Suzumiiya".)
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
FireChick
Subscriber

PostPosted: Sat Aug 09, 2014 7:34 pm Reply with quote
I already have all six DVDs of Lucky Star, so I'm good. But I hope the OVA gets dubbed!
Asrialys

PostPosted: Sat Aug 09, 2014 7:39 pm Reply with quote
Heh, just finally picked up the second season of Haruhi some time ago. Well, at least I'll have the extras if FUNimation doesn't get the same ones, if any.

Guess they couldn't get Disappearance though?
Macron One

PostPosted: Sat Aug 09, 2014 7:49 pm Reply with quote
I'll certainly double-dip on Haruhi if there's a good quality Blu-ray release (and maybe Lucky Star as well, depending on how that release turns out).
That said, it is rather disappointing that Funimation didn't choose to acquire the Nichijou and/or Hyouka series while they were on their Kadokawa/Kyoani licensing streak. Rescues are nice and all, but i'd much prefer to first get the stuff that hasn't previously seen a US release.
sakurablossom143

PostPosted: Sat Aug 09, 2014 7:50 pm Reply with quote
Ermm... Okay...

I really...really don't see the point in them licensing series like Haruhi and Lucky Star...but I guess for those who never did buy them before gets to buy them now...

I'm still a little bit saddened that Bandai decided not to do the Limited Edition set for the 6th Volume of the Lucky Star DVD... I had to buy the standard edition... T^T...
acetatsujin

PostPosted: Sat Aug 09, 2014 7:50 pm Reply with quote
Got multiple versions of the shows from fansubs, especially Lucky Star and Steins;Gate series and movie. I own the Japanese BD version of Steins;Gate. The game as well and Huke's limited edition visual books of Steins;Gate and Black Rock Shooter.

No, I won't be purchasing anything from Funimation. I just love talking smack about not supporting them.

Forgot to mention. I purchased Makisa Kurisu's FIGMA a few months ago, too.

Last edited by acetatsujin on Sat Aug 09, 2014 7:56 pm; edited 1 time in total
Vaisaga

PostPosted: Sat Aug 09, 2014 7:51 pm Reply with quote
Raikuro wrote:
If Funi was smart they'd release both Haruhi seasons in one set, but section off the Endless Eight onto one single disc that can easily be thrown out.

Endless Eight is actually not that bad in one sitting. They change the visuals and dialogue enough to keep it from being too repetative, and you don't need to wait weeks inbetween.
Cyclone1993

PostPosted: Sat Aug 09, 2014 7:56 pm Reply with quote
This makes me really happy! My dad (who doesn't like subbed things) and I definitely plan on purchasing it. I just ordered the series recently so this will make a fantastic addition.

I own the first season of Haruhi and the movie, never got the second. Maybe I will finally?

I haven't seen Lucky Star or Strike Witches but I plan on watching them in the future.

Funimation has been on a roll today!
Aura Ichadora

PostPosted: Sat Aug 09, 2014 8:03 pm Reply with quote
I've yet to pick up the releases from Bandai for Haruhi Suzumiya, so I'm happy that Funimation picked them up. Although now I have to wait for them to finally release their sets and the ones for Code Geass. :p All in due time, I guess. Perhaps if Haruhi sells well for them, they'll also get the rights to the movie.

Now if someone could pick up CLAMP School Detectives, then I'd be happy as that'd be all of the Bandai releases I wanted to get.
LightOtaku

PostPosted: Sat Aug 09, 2014 8:04 pm Reply with quote
I'm super happy about Lucky Star, but still no Hyouka... Sad
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 1 of 8