• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
INTEREST: Comiket 86 Merchandise Super Guide!

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Nemui_Nezumi

PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2014 12:40 pm Reply with quote
I honestly only want that Cleaning Levi picktam strap and that Kougami Shinya T-shirt but I'm sure even on the aftermarket they're gonna be real pain to get....
edwwie

PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2014 12:45 pm Reply with quote
Is there a way to get those non limited c86 item? with a pro site, not some place likes yahoo auction
Nemui_Nezumi

PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2014 12:58 pm Reply with quote
edwwie wrote:
Is there a way to get those non limited c86 item? with a pro site, not some place likes yahoo auction

you can always try to ask a proxy if they can go to the event and get the items you want

but usually there's more added fees than normal for these (and it tends to be quite more expensive if the person only goes to the event to buy your item)

and also you have to ask them beforehand because they have to be sure they have time to go etc etc etc

I remember I once asked a shop if they could get a plushie that was going to be released first in a event but they told me they couldn't go because they're busy at that time and in the end I had to wait for the oficial online pre-reserve one month later orz (though that was their fault because they answered me like 2 weeks later...)
Blanchimont

PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2014 1:04 pm Reply with quote
edwwie wrote:

Yes, there are a few places. Not many though...

One is Akibadaisuki.jp, your place to go if you're after c86 items. I use it mainly for doujinshi artbooks.

Another would be Mandarake. The website may seem a bit amateurish, but it's actually among the larger Japanese online storefronts for that stuff. And mind you there's a ton of second-hand stuff in addition to newer stuff, and as such some counterfeits may sometimes slip past so advice is research what you purchase if possible.

Both above have English as option so using them is easy.

There was also PaletWeb, but unfortunately that site ceased operations not that long ago...
Hoppy800

PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2014 1:10 pm Reply with quote
I have eyes on the Idolm@ster Cinderella Girls Drama CD, which is missing from this guide.
Jajanken

PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2014 1:19 pm Reply with quote
Comiket always delivers. That Psycho pass T shirt and BONUS MOVIE TICKET is a must as well as the QT strap.
grooven

PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2014 1:20 pm Reply with quote
That Gilgamesh towel is so beautiful <3
Kougeru

PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2014 1:30 pm Reply with quote
I want that K-on stuff
Ojamajo LimePie

PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2014 1:50 pm Reply with quote
I'm trying to get my hands on Kadokawa's Love Live! NatsuComi 2014 set, and not having an easy time of it. It was already sold out for the day by the time the person who was going to buy it for me made it to the booth. Anime cry
Beized

PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2014 2:18 pm Reply with quote
I would buy a sexy Gilgamesh towel.
Raneth

PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2014 4:10 pm Reply with quote
No enormous Gamagoori hug pillow? I am disappointed.

In all seriousness, wow, that is a lot of...stuff. Lots of keychains, towels, pillows...it's just so random.

I guess comiket isn't the place for action figures?
Waffitti

PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2014 7:16 pm Reply with quote
That Midosuji keychain feels wrong in so many levels. Dude looks like he smoke some REALLY strong weed.

They totally missed a chance by not having an Izumida mousepad where you can rest your arm on Andy & Frank. It would totally sell like hotcakes.
configspace

PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2014 8:17 pm Reply with quote

There should be a nude version, likewise I wish there were cast-off figures for KLK.
I bet a certain portion of the back side of this pillow would be worn down faster Laughing
DJStarstryker

PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2014 8:49 pm Reply with quote
Comiket usually has some goods I want, but man... I really don't think I can deal with the long lines there. I live in Tokyo, and that's the one otaku-related thing I feel hesitant to do. Tokyo Game Show is fine. Other large events are fine. But this is much, much larger. The problem is I'm an introvert that really needs their own space. Standing-room-only concerts in Japan freak me the heck out because I usually have people leaning against me and smacking me with glow sticks the entire time. After putting up with several, I have broken down and decided I'll never go to one again. Anime cry

No, the packed trains don't bother me that much because people tend to try to stay in their own space. They're not all leaning on me or hitting me with things. I also have tricks to avoid packed trains and/or get seats. Razz
shiranehito

PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2014 9:21 pm Reply with quote
The one that really caught my mind is red Saber's ring. Because of the price Laughing
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2