• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
How many systems and games do you have?

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Video Games
View previous topic :: View next topic  
LonelySoul 8515

PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2014 2:01 am Reply with quote
Today I was cleaning my room. I sorted out my anime and games. My final count was 69 video games altogether. So am wondering how many games you have. Also what's your top 5 favorites.

My top 5

1.Valkyrie Profile 1, PS1
reason:I like the combo system on this game plus plays like star ocean 2, a step away from the turn based rpg game.

2.Xenogears PS1
reason:I like the mechas aka gears in the game add to this rpg gameplay.

3.Garou mark of the wolves Dreamcast
reason: It's a easy fighting game to pick up and play, Just as good as Street fighter 3rd strike.

4.Power Stone 2 Dreamcast
reason: I like the 4 player battle versus with friends.

5.Lunar Silver star story PS1
reason:I missed out on the sega saturn version, I liked the anime cutscenes and the english voiceovers.

Last edited by LonelySoul 8515 on Fri Aug 15, 2014 11:09 pm; edited 1 time in total
Rahxephon91

PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2014 6:24 pm Reply with quote
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime
Tony K.
Subscriber

PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2014 7:13 pm Reply with quote
Please put reasons for your choices, if you plan on posting lists. Doesn't have to be a big paragraph or anything, but a few descriptive sentences for each title would be nice.
Dessa

PostPosted: Sat Aug 16, 2014 1:51 am Reply with quote
My games are mostly listed on my Backloggery page.

I'd have to think to rank my favorites, it fluctuates based on my mood.

For systems... in my house we have the following:
3 Genesis systems (1 model 1, 2 model 2) [3]
2 N64 [5]
2 GameCube with Gameboy Players [7]
3 PS2 [10]
1 Wii [11]
1 PS3 [12]
1 Xbox 360 [13]
2 Gameboy Color [15]
4 GBA (3 GBA, 1 SP) [19]
5 DS (2 original, 3 lite) [24]
2 PSP [26]
2 3DS [28]

Holy crap, I didn't realize we had that many game systems in the house...
Brainchild129

PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2014 1:08 pm Reply with quote
If we're strictly talking about my own personal gaming systems, then I have 5 - a rather fussy NES that's been in the family since I was a wee thing, the Sega Genesis I've had since junior high, a Game Gear that I traded for at an anime con swap meet (sadly, my original one was wrecked due to storage in an uninsulated attic), a pink DS Lite, and a 2DS. As for games, I'd say roughly 25 NES games (more if we count the roughly half-dozen doubles), 15 Genesis games, 10 Game Gear games, 9 or 10 GBA games, 30 DS games, and 4 3DS games. I've always been more for handheld games versus consoles, and I've always had something of a sweet spot for the Sega systems.

Now, if we start including my fiancée's game collection (which is technically his and his brother's), then we can add yet another and equally fussy NES, a SNES, a Dreamcast, a Nintendo 64, his original Game Boy, Game Boy Color, and both a regular Game Boy Advance and a GBA SP, a Wii, a Xbox 360, a PS2, another DS Lite, and a PS3. He does apparently also have a Gamecube and PS1, but doesn't use either of them due to space limitations and the fact that the Wii and later PS models can handle those games. That's 15 total. Yeah, guess which one of us lost interest in gaming in the 90s and which of us did not.Wink

As for games (again, most are rough estimates), then for him we're talking 50 NES games, 23 SNES games (half still in their boxes), 12 Dreamcast games, 20-25 PS1 games (including a practically flawless copy of Lunar Eternal Blue), 28 Nintendo 64 games (including 2 imports, and most still have their boxes), 15-20 Gamecube games, 20-25 PS2 games, 15 Wii games, 35 Xbox 360 games, 8 PS3 games, only a couple each for the Game Boy and Game Boy Color (although that does include a nearly spotless copy of Pokémon Red, complete with box and inserts), 10 GBA games, and 25 or so DS games.

Having access to such a collection has been a boon to me, letting me try all sort of old-school games, and have even added a few games of my own to the older collections (mostly PS1 and PS2). These days he's more focused on games on Steam or Kerbal Space Program, but he does take some pride in his gaming collection, since the vast majority of it dates from his childhood.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Video Games All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1