• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Aldnoah.Zero (TV) (both seasons).

Goto page Previous    Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
leatherhead333

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2014 7:24 pm Reply with quote
Episode 7

Well it looks like the only interesting aspect about this anime (the humans winning without getting their hands on the enemies technology) was thrown out the window this episode. Always gotta love how finding crazy powerful weaponry seems to happen when things get dire right? Bleh...

Personally I'm waiting for the next episode until jumping to conclusions about the whole Slaine x Inaho deal. If they spoiler[capture Slaine but just wanted to make sure he couldn't take the princess away on his ship or something] I think that's fine. Had Slaine simply spoiler[answered Inaho instead of stuttering] this whole situation wouldn't have happened. It's sort of on him imo. But if they seriously justspoiler[ leave him stranded there I'll chalk it up for being extremely moronic.] At this point he is obviously another valuable asset to the team with the information he has. Taking him as spoiler[prisoner] would be the most logical option if you are concerned about safety.

Still all that aside, I really hate how Slaine is sort of just becoming a punching bag in this anime. No matter how hard the guy tries he ends up getting screwed over Crying or Very sad.
Kaioshin_Sama

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2014 7:30 pm Reply with quote
meiam wrote:
You know, between the spoiler[new super ship and the fact that there might soon be a super mech involve], we're pretty much 100% into gundam territory now… sigh. I was pretty happy that they seems to try, somewhat, to steer clear of it what with the lack of a super mech and all, but yeah, I guess someone in production got cold feet and went "HAweewww we need a super ship now!". I get that originality is dead and all that, but couldn't they rip off one of the less ripped off mech show? God I can't wait for the patlabor movie to be release, with a bit a luck we'll get a bunch of mech show ripping it off for a few season.

I never cease to be bemused as to what people are absolutely convinced Gundam is like and how it's always a bad thing. The picture of Gundam that people have in their heads which is always something negative versus how it actually is is something else for sure.
dtm42

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2014 7:33 pm Reply with quote
@Vaisaga:

Slaine saved them this one time but that doesn't mean they can now only fight with aldnoah tech. Guerrilla warfare can be very effective, and we've already seen how normal Terran tech and strategy are good enough to defeat the martian Kataphracts.

Besides, the whole point is not to militarily defeat the Vers, because that's stupid and not what the show is even about. The goal must be to expose the scheming of those who planned the assassination and reveal the princess to the emperor in a way he cannot deny that she lives. The Terrans need to get a peace treaty, not try and take on all of the Vers themselves.

To get that the Terrans don't need a freaking aldnoah battleship that even the Vers themselves don't currently have, nor do they need their own aldnoah kataphract. Basically, all they need to do is to keep using skill and strategy. But of course they (presumably) don't need those anymore because now they can take out entire landing castles by themselves. Wow, big whoop.

Kaioshin_Sama wrote:
I never cease to be bemused as to what people are absolutely convinced Gundam is like and how it's always a bad thing. The picture of Gundam that people have in their heads which is always something negative versus how it actually is is something else for sure.

You know damn well what he's talking about.
Gina Szanboti

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2014 7:36 pm Reply with quote
Episode 7: Well that was certainly convenient. Everybody on the ship must have brought their Super Good Luck charms with them this trip.

I mean, we pretty much knew spoiler[Aldnoah tech] was waiting for them over (under) the hill, but I kind of expected they'd have to, you know, have a look around, dig for it a little after the battle ended, not just spoiler[cruise right up to it after the enemy did all the work.] Sheesh.
Vaisaga

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2014 8:01 pm Reply with quote
Gina Szanboti wrote:
I mean, we pretty much knew spoiler[Aldnoah tech] was waiting for them over (under) the hill, but I kind of expected they'd have to, you know, have a look around, dig for it a little after the battle ended, not just spoiler[cruise right up to it after the enemy did all the work.] Sheesh.

Actually I think the Earth government are the ones who dug it up. I guess they believed Marito's report the whole time but kept it super secret.
Gina Szanboti

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2014 8:42 pm Reply with quote
That wasn't my point. Even if it's true, it still doesn't excuse the massive coincidence of spoiler[the fist hitting the exact spot to open the tunnel, somehow without damaging it, blasting right down it and destroying the far exit, or blocking the channel with tons of rock debris that would prevent them from entering even once they knew it was there.]
Stark700

PostPosted: Sat Aug 23, 2014 12:35 pm Reply with quote
Episode 8:

Oh boy, that twist at the end...
I wonder if spoiler[Slaine will ever reunite with the princess. We'll probably get more flashback involving him soon though. I hope they also expand the characterization for Inaho a bit. Decent episode I guess. Not much action but it was more of a built-up.]

Oh and spoiler[YOU ARE RED AS A LOBSTER]. Laughing
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Yttrbio

PostPosted: Sat Aug 23, 2014 12:58 pm Reply with quote
Those giant orbital space ships spoiler[sure are fragile when the plot demands it.]
leatherhead333

PostPosted: Sat Aug 23, 2014 1:23 pm Reply with quote
Well I guess this episode proves Inaho is capable of making incredibly illogical choices. I was sure the show would be smart enough to have spoiler[the Terrans take him prisoner but apparently Inaho really did try to kill Slaine and simply left him for dead.]

They really seem to like dragging out spoiler[Slaine meeting the princess] again by the characters not making the soundest decisions when the plot calls for it. spoiler[The Count's redemption was short lived] but for some reasonspoiler[ I have a feeling he isn't really dead.] As with the princess the way spoiler[the scene was shot] makes me suspicious. Since he is the only person not up to speed on the intentional assassination attempt I doubt they spoiler[would simply kill him off yet] since they need SOMEONE in the Martian side who isn't completely evil besides the princess.
ookamigirl

PostPosted: Sat Aug 23, 2014 2:07 pm Reply with quote
The missing piece is here.
It was nice they showed us spoiler[how they got the ship & how the Princess revealed herself.]
Poor spoiler[Slaine got captured and tortured 'cause of Inaho.]
He definitely did not deserve that!
Revealing that Princess was alive would be dangerous.
At least for now since they don't know who exactly wanted her dead.
spoiler[Slaine] so did not deserve the misfortune that fell upon him.
In the end he let it slipspoiler[ the Princess is alive.
Luckily, it wasn't to the wrong guy.
The true traitor]
made his move rather quickly though..
Gina Szanboti

PostPosted: Sat Aug 23, 2014 2:33 pm Reply with quote
So who spoiler[picked up Slaine? When did they do this? He would've drowned by the time someone came down from orbit to get him, and if he was ok, he could've gotten away before they arrived.] That was like a big hole there. And apparently Inaho did believe his good intentions, based on what he said to the Princess, but cut him dead and left him for the sharks anyway. My hero. :/

And the Count's probably spoiler[not dead, but he deserves to be. Uncovers a major treasonous plot and doesn't even tell his subordinates not to repeat what they heard in that room, not to mention suddenly giving him TLC after brutally torturing him. That's not gonna tip off any co-conspirators, no siree.]
Vaisaga

PostPosted: Sat Aug 23, 2014 4:14 pm Reply with quote
Gina Szanboti wrote:
So who spoiler[picked up Slaine? When did they do this? He would've drowned by the time someone came down from orbit to get him, and if he was ok, he could've gotten away before they arrived.] That was like a big hole there. And apparently Inaho did believe his good intentions, based on what he said to the Princess, but cut him dead and left him for the sharks anyway. My hero. :/

spoiler[The Martians knew he was heading to Tanegashima, so they probably had a force not far behind him. We know they were there investigating afterwards. I'd also chalk that up as for why Inaho and co didn't pick him up. They couldn't waste the time and risk being attacked by reinforcements.]

And I doubt spoiler[that count is dead, biggest reason being we haven't seen his robot yet.]
leatherhead333

PostPosted: Sat Aug 23, 2014 4:28 pm Reply with quote
Vaisaga wrote:
Gina Szanboti wrote:

spoiler[The Martians knew he was heading to Tanegashima, so they probably had a force not far behind him. We know they were there investigating afterwards. I'd also chalk that up as for why Inaho and co didn't pick him up. They couldn't waste the time and risk being attacked by reinforcements.]

Why do we have to assume all of this? This is the second time where the show for some reason refuses to show us the lead up into scenes we are being shown (the first being how Slaine crash landed on Martian turf with only the princess being able to find him first). None of the characters have confirmed what you've said. In fact from what I can see Inaho considered Slaine an enemy and shot him down because he deducted that there were Martians who were planning to try to kill the princess since they knew she was still alive. Even if what you've said was true why is the opening scene spoiler[Slaine being tortured?] As if showing the transition between these events is apparently far too troublesome? It's just sloppiness. Inaho should have immediately confirmed what you've said but this episode pretty much proves them spoiler[being pursued didn't mean jack for why they left him].
Penguin_Factory

PostPosted: Sat Aug 23, 2014 5:18 pm Reply with quote
Wow, I seriously didn't think we'd get spoiler[the Martians fighting each other] this quickly. With the speed the plot is moving at I'm really wondering how they're going to fill 24 episodes. The current setup doesn't seem like it could sustain a story that long.

My personal guess: spoiler[the aliens come back for their Aldnoah]

Quote:
Those giant orbital space ships spoiler[sure are fragile when the plot demands it.]

spoiler[We've only ever seen them fighting humans up to this point. The Martian military technology seems to be very effective against itself, which makes sense since given how eager the knights are to fight each other. They've probably been a cold war style arms race for the last fifteen years.
]
danilo07

PostPosted: Sat Aug 23, 2014 5:22 pm Reply with quote
Eh, I really don't like what they did with Calm. It kind of spoiler[ reduced the emotional impact of his friend's death. He has this irrational anger bottled up inside of him, but than he completely changes because Martian princess is cute. I guess he really didn't care that much.]
Quote:
This is the second time where the show for some reason refuses to show us the lead up into scenes we are being shown (the first being how Slaine crash landed on Martian turf with only the princess being able to find him first).

You probably missed of one my previous posts, but there will be a manga about Slaine's past. It will be a part of BD release, so they left his past unexplained in order to get people to buy that BD.
Why does anyone care how Slaine spoiler[ got caught by Vers empire? It's the sort off crap you can shrug off with 30 seconds long explanation.]
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 34 of 90