• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Mobile Suit Gundam 00 Main Character, Staff Identified

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Canuckian

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2007 12:30 pm Reply with quote
Wow, sounds like this Gundam project will be a great refresh for the franchise, or so Sunrise and their owner, Namco Bandai hope. However it sounds promising so hope may not need to be included, as they have an fairly experienced staff working behind the show(But to be fair, most Gundam Series have an experienced staff).

I'm also liking the fact it'll be in HD, just hope when Bandai Entertainment releases it here they'll release it on double formats(Standard Definition on DVD, and the HD on which ever new format, Blu-Ray, or HD-DVD, they determine fits them best) as there will be a Standard Def version aswell I'd hope. I also wonder if Bandai Entertainment would provide HD Masters to channels willing to air it on a HD Feed?

Last edited by Canuckian on Tue Jun 05, 2007 12:44 pm; edited 1 time in total
Neverwhere

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2007 12:38 pm Reply with quote
I've never been at all interested in the Gundam series, but WOW this production staff has me positively drooling. Guhhh.

Maybe this show will finally get me into giant robots. Well, I loved them in Escaflowne (as I love absolutely everything in Escaflowne, le sigh) so perhaps there's hope for me and this genre yet. Very Happy
Kiyoko

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2007 12:40 pm Reply with quote
Wow!

Being a fan of a few of the Gundam franchises (Wing, Seed & 08th MS Team), and also being a fan of FMA and Loveless, I think this will be one of the better Gundam series put out.

With such an all-star cast just in production, I can't wait to see the actor casting list.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
Splitter

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2007 12:41 pm Reply with quote
Mizushima and Kuroda on board? Dare I say this might actually be.... good?
pat_payne

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2007 1:09 pm Reply with quote
So it's actually in the Anno Domini (or Current Era) calendar that's used in the real world, instead of UC, AC, AW, or any of the other myriad of calendars used for the different Gundam franchises? Interesting.

But enough with the alternate universes, already. Personally, I'd love for them to update the original Gundam UC series with new animation, like they did with the Zeta Gundam movies -- and take the opportunity, while they're there to finally jettison the "G-Armor" completely from continuity. Or animate Yaz Yasuhiko's "Origin" manga. Or do an anime adaptation of Ecole du Ciel, or any of the UC Gundam manga side stories. Right now, there are so many alternate universes that it'd take the love-child of Carl Sagan and Steven Hawking to get them sorted out. Razz
xstylus

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2007 1:20 pm Reply with quote
Canuckian wrote:

I'm also liking the fact it'll be in HD, just hope when Bandai Entertainment releases it here they'll release it on double formats(Standard Definition on DVD, and the HD on which ever new format, Blu-Ray, or HD-DVD, they determine fits them best) as there will be a Standard Def version as well.

Let's also hope that it's Bandai Entertainment that gets the US license and not Bandai Visual USA. No chance in hell am I spending $39.99 for a one episode disc--or even four episodes at that price. Bandai Entertainment released Gundam Destiny at $24.99 per disc with four episodes, so hopefully they'll do it proper for this series too, if they get it.
Deltakiral

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2007 1:35 pm Reply with quote
animenewsnetwork.com/images/cms/news/18043/pr_image_20070605_01.gif

I really dig the look of that suit, I don't know why the color scheme isn't all that amazing but for some reason I am pumped for this series. Maybe it's because Destiny was such a kick in the knees that any Gundam was bound to get me excited.

So with Seiji Mizushima confirmed to be directing this, I must say that I am extremely happy to hear that. Although he's going to be quite busy seeing as how he's still got Oh! Edo Rocket airing currently.
kushiel

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2007 1:36 pm Reply with quote
Wow, the boys will be even prettier than the ones in Gundam Wing!

Rolling Eyes

I love Yun Kouga, but do we need another 'bishie' filled Gundam series?
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Jedi General

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2007 1:38 pm Reply with quote
Neverwhere wrote:
I've never been at all interested in the Gundam series, but WOW this production staff has me positively drooling. Guhhh.

You're telling me. My jaw dropped when I read all those big names. What really makes it nice is that I'm quite familiar many of these folks' works. Still being a relatively new anime fan, I think that's pretty cool. And then there's the fact that will be in high definition. Wow.

I'm also not much of a Gundam fan (the only Gundam series I've particularly liked being Gundam Wing), but I'm definitely looking forward to this one. Man, October seems so far away ....
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
kolibri

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2007 1:46 pm Reply with quote
I think I just wet my pants.

When is this going to air? September 2007?
Jedi General

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2007 1:54 pm Reply with quote
kolibri wrote:
When is this going to air? September 2007?

Close. The enclyopedia entry has a vintage date of October 2007.

EDIT: The original article says October also.

Last edited by Jedi General on Tue Jun 05, 2007 1:58 pm; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
testorschoice

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2007 1:58 pm Reply with quote
kushiel wrote:

Rolling Eyes

Like the first one? Wink Remember, the UC Gundam's main foil had a blond Eighties glam-rock mane. For one entire series, he wore sunglasses at night and a bright red, sleeveless jacket. Then there's Garma, famously twirling the ends of his purple--purple!--hair bob. The early UC Gundam series had plenty of fodder for female otaku. It was only between Char's Counterattack and the early 1990s that the female audience got disinterested.
kolibri

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2007 2:08 pm Reply with quote
Jedi General wrote:
Close. The enclyopedia entry has a vintage date of October 2007.

EDIT: The original article says October also.

Yay, thank you.

kushiel wrote:

...er, yes? Like testorschoice said, it's not really anything new, and all the more viewers it brings in can't be a bad thing. As you might have gathered I'm a big Kouga fangirl... so seeing any of her work on screen is so welcome, and my dear god that preview (thanks Jedi General) - the characters looks so incredibly pretty Embarassed. Hard-core sci-fi and the most beautiful character design on earth is my personal wet dream come true.
Canuckian

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2007 2:11 pm Reply with quote
xstylus wrote:
Let's also hope that it's Bandai Entertainment that gets the US license and not Bandai Visual USA. No chance in hell am I spending $39.99 for a one episode disc--or even four episodes at that price. Bandai Entertainment released Gundam Destiny at $24.99 per disc with four episodes, so hopefully they'll do it proper for this series too, if they get it.

I hate Bandai Visual USA, they release Sub-Only and are expensive to boot, but as this is Gundam I doubt it would go to the obscure venue known as Bandai Visual USA. Afterall, I'm willing to bet Bandai wants Gundam back on TV in the US, and to have more Gundam in Canada(As the previous 2 Shows have seemed to be sucessful for the channel airing them) to maintain their fanbase. And no mainstream network would air very much subtitled material, especially Anime.
Deltakiral

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2007 2:14 pm Reply with quote
kushiel wrote:

Rolling Eyes

Short answer yes.

Long Answer YES YES YES. Bring on the Zechs/Miliardo. I can already imagine how Brian Drummord would sound, ahh I need to throw in the Gundam Wing DVD for old time sake. And because it's awesome.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 1 of 5