• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Ace of Diamond (TV) (All Seasons).

Goto page Previous    Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Spastic Minnow
Bargain Hunter
Exempt from Grammar Rules

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2014 12:27 am Reply with quote
As I have said before. I don't know! I have avoided spoilers!

All I know is what the article says, and that is simply that all of the six month expansion focuses mainly on spoiler[the final game of this tournament and their relationship with their opponents]. Which really is not a freaking spoiler! It's pacing! It's about as much of a spoiler as informing a person that the manga is still going, the story isn't over.

If they win- any continuation of the series will be about going to Koshien.
If they lose- any continuation of the series will be about dealing with the defeat.
If they all die in a fiery bus crash, any continuation of the series will be about an entirely new team all playing in the memory of their fallen friends.

I REALLY DO NOT KNOW!

Last edited by Spastic Minnow on Tue Aug 19, 2014 1:51 pm; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
crosswithyou

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2014 12:48 am Reply with quote
Spastic Minnow wrote:
I guess... but your reaction probably tells people more than what I said does... as I don't read the manga and haven't actually seen any spoilers. The article says the extension covers spoiler[their rivalry with the the next team,] so that's what I reported.

I've started to read the manga but am still at the Yakushi match so I don't know what happens later either. But the way I interpreted what you wrote was that spoiler[it was going to be the last game, as in the last game of Seido's season, since you said "final."] Whether it is or not is something I do not know, but it sounded like you knew. I guess my interpretation of what you wrote is just different than what you meant.

(EDIT: Just fixed a typo.)

Last edited by crosswithyou on Tue Aug 19, 2014 5:52 pm; edited 1 time in total
Spastic Minnow
Bargain Hunter
Exempt from Grammar Rules

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2014 1:13 pm Reply with quote
Oh, okay. I just meant the tournament final. I can clarify that.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Gina Szanboti

PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2014 6:57 pm Reply with quote
Is it just me or is the product placement for Mizuno more prominent lately? Smile It's always been there, but it seems more in my face now than before, with all the lingering shots on their shoes and gloves.

This series is quite good at making you want no one to lose. But they've also handled the losing part pretty well so you don't feel depressed about it. This current match is particularly interesting because we pretty much know they have to lose so our boys can have a shot at blondie, but in a normal* sports anime, Sakurazawa would be the protagonist team that defies all odds to win. Smile

*This series is not "normal" because the protagonist team is actually expected to do very well, and it's only Sawamura that's the underdog against all odds.
getchman
Space Cowboy

PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2014 1:48 pm Reply with quote
Gina Szanboti wrote:
Is it just me or is the product placement for Mizuno more prominent lately? Smile It's always been there, but it seems more in my face now than before, with all the lingering shots on their shoes and gloves.

perhaps that's what paid for the extension
Gina Szanboti

PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2014 4:44 pm Reply with quote
That's kind of what I was thinking. And/or Mizuno thinking, "hey this is more popular than we expected, let's ask for more front-and-center product placement." But it's a nice logo, so either or both is ok with me. Very Happy
crosswithyou

PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2014 7:02 pm Reply with quote
Ahhhhhhh!!!! We get spoiler[chibi!Miyuki] next week!!! So cuuuuuuuuute!!!
Bugnin

PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2014 9:13 am Reply with quote
The knuckleball is a cruel, cruel pitch. When you have it going, there's nothing harder to hit, and you can throw them all day without getting tired.

But when you lose your rhythm, no weapon betrays you faster than a knuckleball. It's embarrassingly easy to hit.
Gina Szanboti

PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2014 2:38 pm Reply with quote
GokuMew2 wrote:
Ahhhhhhh!!!! We get spoiler[chibi!Miyuki] next week!!! So cuuuuuuuuute!!!

Really looking forward to that. Very Happy

But what I liked this episode was the teaser, with everyone looking stunned by Mei's pitches...except Miyuki, who has that devious little smile in place. I think this series is almost more centered on him than Sawamura, which is just fine by me.

Side note: Just watched Baby Steps and it was fun hearing Miyuki (Takahiro Sakurai) voicing Eiichiro's current opponent, Nabae, especially since both characters are a constant mental stream of strategizing. Smile
Gina Szanboti

PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2014 12:24 am Reply with quote
At least the series gives lip-service to limiting pitches...

http://the-japan-news.com/news/article/0001535977

"A semifinal game between Chukyo of Gifu Prefecture and Sotoku of Hiroshima Prefecture at the National High School Championship of “nanshiki yakyu,” a form of baseball played with a hard rubber ball, lasted 50 innings over four days as zeros continued to fill the scoreboard.

"Neither pitcher, Taiga Matsui of Chukyo nor Jukiya Ishioka of Sotoku, left the mound. Matsui shut out Sotoku for 50 innings, while Ishioka posted 49 zeros before conceding three runs in the 50th inning as Chukyo won the game 3-0."

The article doesn't say, but the final pitch count for the winning pitcher was 708, the losing pitcher, 689.

And how heartbreaking a loss would that be! Shocked
Bugnin

PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2014 12:35 am Reply with quote
Gina Szanboti wrote:
At least the series gives lip-service to limiting pitches...

http://the-japan-news.com/news/article/0001535977

"A semifinal game between Chukyo of Gifu Prefecture and Sotoku of Hiroshima Prefecture at the National High School Championship of “nanshiki yakyu,” a form of baseball played with a hard rubber ball, lasted 50 innings over four days as zeros continued to fill the scoreboard.

"Neither pitcher, Taiga Matsui of Chukyo nor Jukiya Ishioka of Sotoku, left the mound. Matsui shut out Sotoku for 50 innings, while Ishioka posted 49 zeros before conceding three runs in the 50th inning as Chukyo won the game 3-0."

The article doesn't say, but the final pitch count for the winning pitcher was 708, the losing pitcher, 689.

And how heartbreaking a loss would that be! Shocked

This is why most world-class Japanese pitchers start breaking down once they hit the major leagues. There's little concept of preserving the arms of developing teenagers.

By the time most of them make it to America, they have a few really good years initially, and then their arms start falling apart. Some fall apart before they're even able to make it.

It isn't necessarily inhumane, though you'd wish some of these coaches would weigh the future of their kid instead of just blindly riding their arms through Koshien.
crosswithyou

PostPosted: Sat Sep 06, 2014 7:33 pm Reply with quote
chibi!Miyuki is adorable~~~~~~!!!!! Love that cheeky smile of his. X3333

Gina Szanboti

PostPosted: Sun Sep 07, 2014 1:20 am Reply with quote
Episode 47

If you gotta kill time, this is how to do it. Very Happy Sawamura's outburst was a bit out of character though. He's stupid but not that stupid.
Stark700

PostPosted: Sun Sep 07, 2014 4:33 am Reply with quote
And with that, Kazuya Miyzuki just earned my respect this episode. Well, mostly because of the fact that he loves his position and what does on the field as a catcher.

I've never played as catcher in baseball before though...
Gina Szanboti

PostPosted: Sat Sep 20, 2014 11:59 pm Reply with quote
Old joke now, but they played Furuya on fire enough that it got me chuckling each time. I wonder how many more episodes before the game actually starts? Although I don't mind the look back set for next week. But I think it will make me want to see what Sawamura will be like in two years...
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 6 of 23