• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Fuji TV Makes Jojo's Bizarre Adventure's David Production Its Subsidiary

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Stark700

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2014 2:32 pm Reply with quote
Cool. I like the way DP has done with Jojo so far so I am definitely looking forward to their future projects.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
bobob101

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2014 2:55 pm Reply with quote
If this means that David will get to make more shows and have a bigger budget, then this can't be a bad thing. Obviously, their handling of JoJo is what got them this chance, and they deserve it. Outside of JoJo, the standouts of their portfolio for me are Level E and Dogs : Bullets and Carnage. Level E has some of the best first 3 episodes ever, though you don't need to watch the rest.
patrick.enfield.9

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2014 2:55 pm Reply with quote
inu x boku was a good anime and jojo is jojo. There no other way to describe, David did a fantastic job with jojo so far. they do change panels to their likings, and mess up fecial expressions from the manga, However they stay faithful to all details with such love and precision that I cant say anything bad about them so far.

David Production is best jews in japan
KH91

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2014 2:57 pm Reply with quote
Good job DP.
L'Imperatore

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2014 3:08 pm Reply with quote
I wonder if this means David Production will enjoy "special preference" to animate noitaminA shows?

On a side note...
Quote:
David Production's anime projects will continue, and Fuji TV stated that it also hopes to expand to audiences overseas.

Hurrah! Very Happy And by "overseas", please be it "global", not "East Asia only". Sad
mgosdin

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2014 3:29 pm Reply with quote
I hope this works out well for the David Production people, I most certainly enjoyed Inu X Boku and their other work.

Quote:
Taito Okiura and Koji Kajita, both who formally worked at GONZO, co-founded David Production in 2007.

Bold is mine, this makes me think Okiura-san and Kajita-san were hard at work in Tuxedos at GONZO. An interesting mental image. Laughing

Mark Gosdin
king 47

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2014 3:59 pm Reply with quote
These are the guys who made Bantorra? That was a good show, though the ending wasn't on the same level as the rest of the show. I hope they get to make good stuff under this new management.
Mr. sickVisionz

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2014 3:59 pm Reply with quote
They do good work. Hopefully this works out well for them.
Lain'sHairline

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2014 4:03 pm Reply with quote
The best part is hearing Joseph Joestar say OHH NOOOOOO! or my personal favorite OHH MY GOD!! Laughing
Angel'sArcanum

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2014 5:07 pm Reply with quote
Awesome. David Production was always a black sheep in the industry and there have been bumps in the road with Jojo now that they have a franchise on their hand that is actually popular, so they are trying to be very meticulous and careful with it, but this merger with Fuji TV should really help them take off with the series as well as help the company grow more and get steady footing, so more great to come!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
DangerMouse

PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2014 12:42 am Reply with quote
king 47 wrote:
These are the guys who made Bantorra? That was a good show, though the ending wasn't on the same level as the rest of the show. I hope they get to make good stuff under this new management.

Yeah, I really liked that show too. Smile

bobob101 wrote:
If this means that David will get to make more shows and have a bigger budget, then this can't be a bad thing. Obviously, their handling of JoJo is what got them this chance, and they deserve it. Outside of JoJo, the standouts of their portfolio for me are Level E and Dogs : Bullets and Carnage. Level E has some of the best first 3 episodes ever, though you don't need to watch the rest.

I really hope so too, I'd love to see them keep getting better as I've enjoyed a lot of their work. I agree on those 3 choices and I'd add Bantorra as another standout IMO.

Dogs was quite cool, I even started buying the manga after it and would have loved more.

Oh man those first 3 episodes, they were so good and re-watching them dubbed with Vic playing him was so much fun too.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1