• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Girl Friend BETA Anime Gets 1st Promo

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Stark700

PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2014 11:56 am Reply with quote
A lot of characters in this...

I'm not sure how I feel about this upcoming series.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Hoppy800

PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2014 12:37 pm Reply with quote
Stark700 wrote:
A lot of characters in this...

I'm not sure how I feel about this upcoming series.

Hopefully I'm not required to play the game to enjoy it, you can't trust mobile game adaptations these days, also I sensing that it could be a 20-24 episode short with 12-15 minute episodes.
IanRootBeerDubber

PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2014 4:22 pm Reply with quote
I have a great feeling NIS America will be licensing this.
unready

PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2014 5:24 pm Reply with quote
So none of the articles about this show have described any kind of narrative. At first glance, it appears to be nothing more than a way to put as many actresses in one place as possible to guarantee everyone's favorite actress is included. There's no mention of any male cast member to be the center of the harem.

FWIW, here's what Wikipedia says about the game:
Quote:
The game is a dating simulator which features over 100 different virtual girls.... The player progresses their relationship with the virtual girlfriend by taking her on dates.... The game features various events that occur, including battle events when bad guys appear. The player can engage in club activities and school class events to solicit romance and increase intimacy with female students. There is a card-based system within the game, where the player collects different cards of varying rarity; each card has different attributes, such as attack and defense costs. Cards can be enhanced by engaging in a part-time job.
Ali07

PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2014 4:27 am Reply with quote
When I heard about the amount of girls that could potentially be in this series, and then the announcement of around 20 (and counting) female characters being in the anime, it makes me think that the format will be similar to Amagami SS or PhotoKano. Maybe more towards PhotoKano, where some of the girls were just give an episode.

Quote:
The magazine will include four manga series that focus on specific characters from the anime.

This is about the magazine, but I do think that if they are going to focus on one girl per manga series, then they'll be doing something similar with the anime.

Not too sure if I'll check this one out. As things stand, it just looks like a self insert show. No mention of a male voice actor could lead this to being like a first-person virtual date (thought I doubt that'll be the case). Obviously, that's down to it being based off a dating simulator. But, you could've thought they'd go down the harem route...before seeing 20 voice actresses cast for the show.

I'm with Hoppy800. The 12-15 minute format would probably allow them to get a bigger episode count, along with allowing for each episode to be dedicated to one female character. Best way to...spread the love...
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1