• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Amagi Brilliant Park Anime's 1st Promo Streamed

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dxthegreat

PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2014 6:58 am Reply with quote
bonta-kun stealing tha show...
Hameyadea

PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2014 7:58 am Reply with quote
I still can't quite wrap my head around how a LN series got an adaptation with only 3 novels published so far
Shory

PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2014 8:05 am Reply with quote
A KyoAni series that actually has a somewhat different artstyle? Interesting.
Thespacemaster

PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2014 8:12 am Reply with quote
Hameyadea wrote:
I still can't quite wrap my head around how a LN series got an adaptation with only 3 novels published so far

Try Lance N' Masques it got an anime adaptation announced when there was only 1 LN out and right now there are still only 2
Kadmos1

PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2014 8:13 am Reply with quote
Hameyadea wrote:

The anime companies probably convinced the creators and/or publishing company.
Cyclone1993

PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2014 8:19 am Reply with quote
Hameyadea wrote:

Free got an adaption after only one book, while Chuninyou and Kyoukao no Kanata was based off of two novels. Although the series was very different from the source material. I feel like this one will be closer.

Looking forward to it! Although mostly because from what I read of the manga, I love the MC. Should be a good time. It has a very atmospheric feel to it, and I love atmospheric things.
Stark700

PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2014 8:24 am Reply with quote
I am expecting some anime original material in this. Still, I only read the manga rather than the LN so we'll see.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Thatguy3331

PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2014 8:57 am Reply with quote
Shory wrote:

Why do I keep seeing this? I personally quickly made a connection to chunibyou or Haruhi when I first saw the character visuals and its almost more apparent in the trailers. I even looked up the character designer, Miku Kadowaki and they also were the character designers for Beyond the boundary. I'm seriously not trying to be "that guy" (I swear on my life, that pun isn't intended") but I don't see that much of a difference in style, though if someone can point me out to whatever I'm missing I'll listen.

Stark700 wrote:
I am expecting some anime original material in this. Still, I only read the manga rather than the LN so we'll see.

I was going to read it as a preview but seeing how it's a manga for a light novel I kinda can only take that with a grain of salt. At this point when it comes to light novel adaptations I almost have to take the anime at face value since it can be really difficult to track down the soure material in a format I can read it in, and reading that for myself is better than just hearing "ZOMGZ IT WAS BETTER IN THE MANGOS/LNZ!" It can either be something that can stand on it's own or turn into a [expletive] train wreck like Magi.
Ali07

PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2014 9:13 am Reply with quote
Thatguy3331 wrote:
Shory wrote:

Why do I keep seeing this? I personally quickly made a connection to chunibyou or Haruhi when I first saw the character visuals and its almost more apparent in the trailers. I even looked up the character designer, Miku Kadowaki and they also were the character designers for Beyond the boundary. I'm seriously not trying to be "that guy" (I swear on my life, that pun isn't intended") but I don't see that much of a difference in style, though if someone can point me out to whatever I'm missing I'll listen.

I'm with you. I also see a lot of Hyouka in the MC in this one.
shiranehito

PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2014 10:18 am Reply with quote
Shory wrote:

Since K-ON Kyoani has the same art style. This one too. Can't you see?
thunderphoenix

PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2014 11:00 am Reply with quote
shiranehito wrote:
Shory wrote:

Since K-ON Kyoani has the same art style. This one too. Can't you see?

I do think KyoAni has their own art style, but it's not as identical as what people claimed from anime to anime. The bottom line is if you dislike their art style in an anime you would most likely dislike their style on other anime as well.
Back to the topic, I'm not really impressed with the PV but I guess it's up to the usual KyoAni standard. KyoAni has been hit/miss for me since they decided to adapt their own LN. It's not a bad decision since they are getting higher portion of profit from it and I enjoyed Chu2koi and Free!, but I think they could do better. Let's see how KyoAni will handle this
midori kou

PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2014 12:38 pm Reply with quote
I would love it if KyoAni teased us with a walk-on cameo of Chidori and Kyosuke from FMP. =3
darkchibi07

PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2014 12:49 pm Reply with quote
midori kou wrote:
I would love it if KyoAni teased us with a walk-on cameo of Chidori and Kyosuke from FMP. =3

I think you mean "Sousuke." Wink

But yeah, that would be a great opportunity to have them show up. Or even better have them interact with the main cast in some some silly crossover episode!
Shory

PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2014 2:21 pm Reply with quote
Thatguy3331 wrote:
Shory wrote:

I worded it wrong, so I might've I sounded negative or just confusing in general. Excuse me for that.

By 'somewhat' I'm not so much referring to the fact that there's anything wrong with KyoAni's signature style, in fact I feel like the character designs took some inspiration from the source material. Honestly, it might just be me, but there's something fresh about it.
Ranho

PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2014 2:49 pm Reply with quote
The manga looks ecchi-fied to the max yet Kyo-Ani is doing this???

Oh, and um...this looks like something I will be passing on.

My love for anime has taken a beating these past few seasons ("Zankyou no Terror" y u no save anime? "Aldnoah.Zero" y u "meh" as expected?).

I'd like to save what little love is left.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2