• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Nobunaga Concerto (TV).

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
CrowLia

PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2014 10:54 am Reply with quote
Another amazing episode, and so much stuff started moving! Now that spoiler[Tokugawa showed up and Hideyoshi started to pave his way to the top, I'm really excited for the things to come. Also, the return of the real Nobunaga] (I have this passing feeling that he may turn out to be spoiler[Akechi Mitsuhide]) Not to mention that spoiler[Saburou lost his history book], so I'm really interested in how this guy who spoiler[doesn't even know Tokugawa Ieyasu (although I found that kind of a stretch to be honest, Tokugawa is one of the most important characters in Japanese history, it's hard to believe that Saburou can't place him)] is going to continue Nobunaga's historical deeds
Spotlesseden

PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2014 11:02 pm Reply with quote
CrowLia wrote:
Another amazing episode, and so much stuff started moving! Now that spoiler[Tokugawa showed up and Hideyoshi started to pave his way to the top, I'm really excited for the things to come. Also, the return of the real Nobunaga] (I have this passing feeling that he may turn out to be spoiler[Akechi Mitsuhide]) Not to mention that spoiler[Saburou lost his history book], so I'm really interested in how this guy who spoiler[doesn't even know Tokugawa Ieyasu (although I found that kind of a stretch to be honest, Tokugawa is one of the most important characters in Japanese history, it's hard to believe that Saburou can't place him)] is going to continue Nobunaga's historical deeds

i think that's normal. He knows Tokugawa is supposed to be famous, but he didn't know what he did. This is very normal in our society. You can do some test, like go out and ask who is john adams and he did during his life to make him famous. Most people don't know. Many American can't name a country start with an "U" within 10 secs.
Gina Szanboti

PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2014 11:04 pm Reply with quote
No!!!! spoiler[Not the book!]

Yeah, I think he would have to have grown up under a rock or outside of Japan to not instantly recognize it, even if he was fuzzy on all the details.

He keeps changing identities, but it's now obvious even to me who Tokichiro grows up to be (ok, I'm slow). Smile This is helpful, since I hate his character design and his voice. Knowing he's not just going to be the fly in the ointment, one-note revenge guy will make it easier (and more interesting) to watch his development.

Got a chuckle out of the No! My tiny naked women now! body language. Very Happy
Gina Szanboti

PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2014 7:35 pm Reply with quote
Episode 6

Good call, Lia! But again with the odd knowledge gaps. I can understand not remembering the random historical name (but I'd expect him to remember the place even less), but not when that person whose name he hasn't forgotten is sitting next to him!

It would have made more sense if he just didn't recognize the place at all.

I liked his reaction. "Rats. This is probably bad." Even though he's been there long enough now to worry about forgetting his own name, he still doesn't seem to have quite internalized yet that any of this is real (and who knows, maybe it's an Alice-style dream) or has consequences.
CrowLia

PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2014 2:05 am Reply with quote
^Even though I made the call, I was still surprised when it happened, but it's quite an interesting twist. I have to agree with the odd knowledge gaps, especially now that Saburou doesn't have his book anymore. I actually expected some acknowledgment of the loss, and it challenged my suspense of disbelief when Saburou was able to follow all of historical Nobunaga's deeds without the book.

Really liked the scene of spoiler[Nobunaga talking Oichi into marrying Azai, and Oichi's determination]. Overall another great episode; this show's turning out to be one of my favorites this season
Gina Szanboti

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2014 11:47 pm Reply with quote
The conversation between Saburo and the spoiler[yakuza] was hilarious. I'm starting to wonder if spoiler[anyone was actually born during the warring states or if they all dropped in from the future.] Very Happy

But how could they not know about spoiler[tattoos]?
Stark700

PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2014 12:31 am Reply with quote
Overall a good show with the concept that was crafted with the characters. I think the finale felt somewhat rushed but definitely send the message that Saburou was referring to which I think was 'a spoiler[warring state]'.

Anyways yeah. I don't have too much to add to this but I think this was one of the most underrated series this season. Rating it as a good.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Gina Szanboti

PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2014 2:29 am Reply with quote
So are/were the Japanese so repressed that a woman would not notice that her husband's eyes are a different color? Smile

Anyway, I loved this series, and sad to see it end (I was expecting another 2 episodes Sad), especially since it's unlikely to get another cour. Apparently there weren't even enough people watching (or rating it) to even show the bar graph in the Encyclopedia. :/
Spotlesseden

PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2014 8:26 pm Reply with quote
Stark700 wrote:
Overall a good show with the concept that was crafted with the characters. I think the finale felt somewhat rushed but definitely send the message that Saburou was referring to which I think was 'a spoiler[warring state]'.

Anyways yeah. I don't have too much to add to this but I think this was one of the most underrated series this season. Rating it as a good.

the finale is not rush because it's not the ending. It's just end of the anime. You are probably better off watch the Live Action version. This kind of story is better for Live Action any way. The anime is good, but otaku won't watch it. Many Japanese don't really watch alot of anime because they don't want people look down on them, live action is a different story.

IF you know the history, you will know this is not the ending. The ending will probably like this spoiler[The real Nobunaga killing the Saburo, fake Nobunaga. Toyotomi Hideyoshi kills the real Nobunaga]. Note: i don't read the manga, this is just my educated guess. I don't think the manga ended yet.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2