• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: NickToons Streams 1st Episode of Little Battlers eXperience Anime

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Amara Tenoh

PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2014 4:31 pm Reply with quote
This is extremely late.
ZeetherKID77

PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2014 4:46 pm Reply with quote
Level-5 is ALWAYS late with releases. See: Layton vs. Wright, Yokai Watch, Inazuma.
WeirDiE_InC

PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2014 5:47 pm Reply with quote
And here I thought dubbing was dead in Vancouver.
Lavnovice9

PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2014 6:06 pm Reply with quote
Standard kiddy dub unfortunately, theme explains the show's plot, episode titles are puns, clothing digitally painted on to cover midriffs, cleavage, and legs, poisoning someone to death replaced with just using a tazer to KO them, lots of signs and pictures, were erased, including the Achilles model box the Owner had, guns given glowing parts and bullets replaced with lasers

The oddest change was the scene at the shop. Originally Van was late because he stopped to buy the latest issue of an LBX Magazine which he shows Kazuya and Ami who remark they forgot the new issue came out that day. They just took out that entire magazine scene for some reason. Then when the Owner brings out the Achilles box he says it was a new product he bought from his wholesaler and they notice it's produced by Tiny Orbit, which foreshadows some things coming up, but in the dub they changed it to saying it was a random box he saw outside and took. Kinda pointless.
Rufifox

PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2014 6:21 pm Reply with quote
Lavnovice9 wrote:
Standard kiddy dub unfortunately, theme explains the show's plot, episode titles are puns, clothing digitally painted on to cover midriffs, cleavage, and legs, poisoning someone to death replaced with just using a tazer to KO them, lots of signs and pictures, were erased, including the Achilles model box the Owner had, guns given glowing parts and bullets replaced with lasers

The oddest change was the scene at the shop. Originally Van was late because he stopped to buy the latest issue of an LBX Magazine which he shows Kazuya and Ami who remark they forgot the new issue came out that day. They just took out that entire magazine scene for some reason. Then when the Owner brings out the Achilles box he says it was a new product he bought from his wholesaler and they notice it's produced by Tiny Orbit, which foreshadows some things coming up, but in the dub they changed it to saying it was a random box he saw outside and took. Kinda pointless.

It could mean that the foreshadowing was too complicated for the kiddies. Since nowadays adults think that today's generation needs to be protected from everything. And that includes too much thinking. Laughing
ehh123

PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2014 6:25 pm Reply with quote
Rufifox wrote:
Lavnovice9 wrote:

It could mean that the foreshadowing was too complicated for the kiddies. Since nowadays adults think that today's generation needs to be protected from everything. And that includes too much thinking. Laughing

To be fair, that seems to be a cycle in children's entertainment. Censored, not censored, censored, not censored.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2014 7:20 pm Reply with quote
Well nowadays editing a anime dub is so pointless because kid nowadays are watching shows like regular show or adventure time and they would feature stuff that an edited show would not have.Well,One thing for sure is that Dentsu could one day be an anime licensing company who would care about about money than fans like aniplex or 4kids.So the LBX dub is just your average kids edited anime dub where the the dub suffers from 4kids syndrome with obvious photoshop edits and hiding Japanese origins.Oh by the way,nicktoons was a bad channel to air LBX considering how they treat their anime lineup.
Kadmos1

PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2014 10:34 pm Reply with quote
Regardless of censorship, it's nice to see that Vancouver has some more anime to work on since it really has been Funi that has been doing most of the Eng. dubs here in recent years.
Beatdigga

PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2014 11:32 pm Reply with quote
So I presume this is replacing Korra? Hoo boy, the anger will be a sight to behold.
Primus

PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2014 12:27 am Reply with quote
#820617 wrote:
Well nowadays editing a anime dub is so pointless because kid nowadays are watching shows like regular show or adventure time and they would feature stuff that an edited show would not have.Well,One thing for sure is that Dentsu could one day be an anime licensing company who would care about about money than fans like aniplex or 4kids.So the LBX dub is just your average kids edited anime dub where the the dub suffers from 4kids syndrome with obvious photoshop edits and hiding Japanese origins.Oh by the way,nicktoons was a bad channel to air LBX considering how they treat their anime lineup.

Dentsu is an ad agency. It's not a shocker that they're in it for the money.

Beatdigga wrote:
So I presume this is replacing Korra? Hoo boy, the anger will be a sight to behold.

LBX is airing Sundays at 10:30AM on Nicktoons, not the main network. I don't know what it has to do with Korra going online-only.
ChibiGoku

PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2014 7:16 am Reply with quote
Not... to add fuel to the fire, but someone on Toon Zone pointed out that it appears they are recycling music from other shows. The one specific piece he mentioned was apparently from the alternate Dragon Ball Z dub.

This dub is already speaking quality to me...

PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2014 8:41 am Reply with quote
Yeah the dub has the background music changed,why do all edited anime dubs has to have the background music change.Thats a waste of time.r
PurpleWarrior13

PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2014 10:37 am Reply with quote
Glad to see some of these voices back doing anime again. This is actually recorded at both Ocean in Vancouver and Blue Water in Calgary, mixing both pools together. I don't mind the editing and localization going on here. This is clearly a kids show either way, and I don't think it would be that marketable if someone like Sentai got it and marketed it uncut to adult fans.

Kadmos1 wrote:
Regardless of censorship, it's nice to see that Vancouver has some more anime to work on since it really has been Funi that has been doing most of the Eng. dubs here in recent years.

Actually, it's starting to level off somewhat. Sentai actually outdubbed FUNi in 2013 by about a dozen shows (though with more niche stuff), and LA's been coming back strong with growing work between Viz, Aniplex, Netflix, NISA, Anime Limited, GKIDS, Saban, and other misc companies doing work there (Sailor Moon was a huge win). Sentai and (especially) FUNi have even done quite a bit of work with LA studios these last couple years. FUNi's in-house studio still gets a lot of work (mostly with Fairy Tail, One Piece, DBZ, Attack on Titan, Space Dandy, and Index/Railgun) but I think it's about equal to Houston and LA now.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2014 10:56 am Reply with quote
Well that Leaves the New York voice acting pool with little anime work,unless a company like right stuff or 4k media dubs and license more anime.I also gotta give the LBX dub an excuse since it is a kids anime in japan and america,besides maybe it could be way to introduce anime to kids considering anime is mostly consider a genre of animation for older people to the general public.
epicwizard

PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2014 10:41 pm Reply with quote
#820617 wrote:
Yeah the dub has the background music changed,why do all edited anime dubs has to have the background music change.Thats a waste of time.r

I definitely agree with you!

I made a discussion about that back a month ago: animenewsnetwork.com/bbs/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=2868544&highlight=background+music
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2