• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Glasslip (TV).

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Yttrbio

PostPosted: Fri Aug 22, 2014 10:54 pm Reply with quote
I don't think the show has become worse, and I wouldn't judge that by the amount of thread-talk. Sometimes there's just nothing to say. 6 is sort of a turning point, in the sense that David's weirdness starts actually interacting with other characters, but I don't know that I'd recommend it to someone who wasn't already interested after 5 episodes.
Spastic Minnow
Bargain Hunter
Exempt from Grammar Rules

PostPosted: Fri Aug 22, 2014 10:59 pm Reply with quote
It isn't just the lack of discussion but the tone you get if you scan the comments of the last page, ignoring the spoilers. It's just confusion and dissatisfaction, as far as I can tell.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Vaisaga

PostPosted: Sat Aug 23, 2014 10:31 am Reply with quote
Eh, not really confusion or dissatisfaction on my part. I do spend most episodes going "What the hell are you doing?" because a lot of their actions can be pretty silly (yes, Yanagi, walk around your house completely nude for some reason), but I expect kids their age to be silly like that in some ways. I do have a smile on my face the whole time, so yeah.
getchman
Space Cowboy

PostPosted: Sat Aug 23, 2014 3:17 pm Reply with quote
needs more Mrs. Fukami ignoring Mr. Fukami
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Sat Aug 23, 2014 9:09 pm Reply with quote
Yeah, I found that to be another strange eppie, but not as strange as the one before it. Getting kinda tired of these "future fragments" or whatever they are. Has any of them ever come true?

I was glad Sachi reached out to Hiro but I hope she goes the full monty and apologizes to him for her conduct.

@ Spastic Minnow - I'm still basically liking this title despite some frustrations, but if you weren't feeling it after 5, I can pretty much guarantee there hasn't been anything since then that would change your mind.
Stark700

PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2014 12:09 pm Reply with quote
Episode 9:

The romance aspect of this sure took a weird direction. Based on that ending, I'm guessing spoiler[Sachi] likes...well, let's just say, I didn't see that coming.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
HaruhiToy

PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2014 9:11 pm Reply with quote
Blood- wrote:
I was glad Sachi reached out to Hiro but I hope she goes the full monty and apologizes to him for her conduct.

If she was planning on spoiler[confessing to Touko], inviting him there to witness that looks to me more like revenge than apology. Or did I get something wrong?
Yttrbio

PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2014 9:38 pm Reply with quote
She's been pretty cruel to him for the entire show, I've felt, but I never really understood why.
Galap

PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2014 2:56 am Reply with quote
HaruhiToy wrote:
Blood- wrote:

If she was planning on spoiler[confessing to Touko], inviting him there to witness that looks to me more like revenge than apology. Or did I get something wrong?

My impression is that she was spoiler[confessing to both of them]. Makes more sense with what happened, and seems to fit her personality more.
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2014 7:56 am Reply with quote
Episode 9

Come on, it was already pretty obvious, at least to the audience, that spoiler[Sachi liked Tohka.] What had been confusing me more was spoiler[what she was doing with Hiro who she clearly has at least some less interest in]. I thought maybe spoiler[she was trying to distract herself], but I might hazard from her spoiler[calling them both out here that she likes them both], or spoiler[she is actually rather cruel]. Although spoiler[her focus was still on someone in particular].
Jacquipuff

PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2014 12:45 pm Reply with quote
Yeah, I also think that spoiler[Sachi was confessing to both of them.] At least, I hope that's the case, because otherwise, poor Hiro...

Though I must say, if you're going to spoiler[confess your love to someone], this is certainly quite the unique way to go about it.
HaruhiToy

PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2014 1:07 pm Reply with quote
You guys think we are looking at an incipient spoiler[threesome]? That is pretty rare in anime, unless it is a comedy like Shuffle or something. Actually I can't think of an example in non-comedy.

I'm content to just check out the next episodes to see what happens.
Vaisaga

PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2014 10:03 am Reply with quote
HaruhiToy wrote:

She did say he'd get an explanation, and he sure got one. A bit cruel, perhaps, but I think it worked better to send him the message than had she just pulled him asile and told him.

It sure was a round about confession, but I think it was pretty well done, particularly how the realisation of her intent dawned on the other two's faces.
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2014 8:13 pm Reply with quote
This show continues to mystify me. Perhaps the biggest mystery is why I continue to watch.
Chiibi

PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2014 9:46 pm Reply with quote
This anime is.....odd. But in a good way; I appreciate its strangeness....and its eye candy.

LOLwhut...Sacchan....so gay. She's the only character I'm not very fond of; mostly because of her actions....and stereotype. I don't hate her though. She's just....."meh". Too bad for you, honey. Touko likes boys. :p

I know he doesn't have a lot of fans here but I do like Kakeru. He's so honest and straight-to-the-point. Reminds me a lot of Tsumugu....but if only he were as good-looking. *sigh*

Dunno what's gonna happen in the remainder of the show but I think ToukoxKakeru and YanaxYuki have good chances of being canon. Yana and Yuki are handling their situations particularly well. Yuki's not obsessing over Touko but distancing himself...and Yana is keeping a cool head too. It's pretty refreshing compared to how Hikaru and Chisaki acted...>_> Actually Yanagi reminds me of Anaru from AnoHana the most....except Yana's like 10 times more mature and waaaay more open about her feelings. lol

And wait....hold the phone.

This is a PA Works show.

This is a PA Works show and nobody is angsting over a dead mother? WHAAAAAAAAAAT
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 7 of 10