• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Hamatora (TV).

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jacquipuff

PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2014 10:55 pm Reply with quote
Gina Szanboti wrote:
Hell, unless I missed something, we're still not being told how he's still alive. :/

I assume it's because of spoiler[the Regeneration Minimum. I seem to recall it being implied that it's his own Minimum, or maybe given to him by Moral, rather than one he stole from someone else.]
Gina Szanboti

PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2014 12:18 am Reply with quote
I think he needed a Resurrection Minimum, because Moral shot him like a dozen times point blank, and I'm sure some of those shots were head shots.

I thought Art didn't originally have a Minimum? I dunno. I've lost track since last season and I wasn't fully engaged with this in the first place. That's why I thought it likely I missed something. Smile

I know, I'm like watching anime with your grandmother, "Why is he doing that? Why is he doing that now? Who is that?"
Jacquipuff

PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2014 1:00 am Reply with quote
I think the Minimum only activates if he dies, like what happened in episode 2 of this current season. In that case it would make sense that no one knew he had one before, since I doubt the people at Facultas would potentially permanently kill one of their students just to test whether he had a type of Minimum they may not have even known existed.
Merida

PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2014 1:15 am Reply with quote
Oooh, i'm happy this thread is more active again because i'm still kinda interested to find out about what's the deal with Art without having much of a desire to actually watch this season...so keep the spoilers coming, please! Very Happy
Agent355

PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2014 2:00 am Reply with quote
Yeah, I think Art's own power is regeneration, which is why everybody, including himself, just assumed he didn't have one. He can hijack other people's minimums now without worry, because if he strains his body to death, he'll just come back to life again.

Why is he evil now? At first, I assumed that something clicked funny when he regenerated for the first time and he just came back evil. That would be a lame reason. Ep 3 implied spoiler[that he had had a little sister in the flashback. I don't remember them bringing her up before, but if something happened to her, say because of that shady school's experiments or via her own minimum power, it'd be the perfect, anime typical motivation for his heel face turn].

I'm enjoying this season a lot more than last one thanks to its clearer plot overarching structure and Art being a more interesting character than Moral ever was. I'd encourage last season's hold outs to give it a second chance, but I know this show is probably the least quality, most panned thing I'm watching, no matter how much stupid fun I think it is. So just keep watching the forums instead!
Gina Szanboti

PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2014 2:13 am Reply with quote
Ok, I can live with that. And since no one but Moral knew he was ever dead, they can't exactly explain it in dialog. Smile
otakudays

PostPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2014 5:35 pm Reply with quote
In the most recent episodes of Hamatora, Art claims to be "cleansing the world of sin", which relates to Minimum Holders.
But there is still more questions, like why do the victims become abnormally carefree? What did Professor Moral say to Art when he "died"? I am anxiously anticipating the next episodes~
Like seriously. What the heck Art. [/spoiler]
MaxSouth

PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2014 3:44 pm Reply with quote
This show is so cheap at times, so it is barely bearable.

Main hero is said to be "genius", but he is depicted as useless, empty-headed character.

Other heroes act like idiots just to invent drama.

This lazy writing is so lame.
MaxSouth

PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2014 3:29 pm Reply with quote
Episode #7 of the second season:

Main hero is said to be genius, but he is depicted as dumb empty head.

Events in the show make no sense and in some key principles directly contradict to previous season.

The show is quite helpless and pathetic except for great colour gradients, some character designs, consistent quality of animation.
Agent355

PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2014 8:03 pm Reply with quote
I'm loving the show, and things have really ramped up in the last few episodes.

I was way off on my "Art has a little sister" theory. I'm still not entirely clear about his grand scheme motivation, but the way the Freemums got him to join their group and act as a cult leader was clever. They showed their members (and potential members) a video of Art resurrecting from the dead, and Art used his charisma and speaking skills to rally people behind him and the Freemum group. It worked, and now the Freemums are huge. The Establishment (the Minimum Academy) want to bring them down, of course, which would be the main conflict, but there are some other balls up in the air and everything's moving at a brisk pace.

Meanwhile we learned that spoiler[Hajime underwent experiments at the academy and she ended up with the ability to strip others of their Minimum abilities for good. Saikyuu, the lady who worked with Moral last season, turns out to be a sadistic monster who wants to pit Minimum holders against one another. To that end, she kidnaps Hajime and goes on the run--which is where we leave ep 10]
Stark700

PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2014 9:20 am Reply with quote
The latest episode was probably the best one yet of the season imo. It even gave me a bit of spoiler[ZnT vibes with the chess and game (involving bombs). Similar to Five I guess?]

Overall a decent episode.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
MaxSouth

PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2014 3:34 am Reply with quote
Episode #10 is decent, indeed.

Though "Detective agency" is shown to be incredibly incompetent, not being able to find where giant organization is situated, so even this episode is kind of pathetic.
Gina Szanboti

PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2014 11:41 pm Reply with quote
Re: Episode 11

Before I criticize this for blatant asspulls, I have to confess I haven't been fully tuned into the plot of this, although this season has been much better than the first. That said, it seemed like there was a crap-ton of out-of-the-blue information in this one episode. Was there? Were any of those 101 new revelations foreshadowed in any way (looks like maybe spoiler[Skill] was, based on Agent355's comment above - was spoiler[Skill a little brother or a little sister?]) before this episode?

At any rate, I guess Art is mostly explained now, and no, Art, it was not worth all that, you're still an unforgivable asshole.
Yttrbio

PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2014 12:02 am Reply with quote
It is the kind of show that somehow grows on you without really getting any better.
Dessa

PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2014 10:02 am Reply with quote
Season 1 clearly established spoiler[that the only reason Art was at the facility, despite not having a minimum himself, was because his younger brother did, and was at the facility]. So that one wasn't an asspull.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 6 of 7