• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Barakamon (TV).

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ookamigirl

PostPosted: Sat Aug 23, 2014 3:32 pm Reply with quote

spoiler[Naru having a birthday.
Seishuu was having problems getting her the perfect gift.
Looks like he has a fear of beetles..
Still, he teamed up with the kids.
That wasn't going so well for him ^^"
It was nice to see kids took pity on him in the end..
Damn, he's hopeless..
It's unbelievable how Naru actually loved Seishuu's present.
Damn, their Bon customs are pretty unusual.
Still, it was nice to see it in more detail.
Seems like Seishuu got quite attached to Naru & she to him.
Nice episode ^^]
Stark700

PostPosted: Sat Aug 23, 2014 4:26 pm Reply with quote
Can we all have a spoiler[moment of silence for that Hercules beetle? Anyways, it was a great episode with lighthearted comedy. I want to say Happy Birthday to Naru too! The presents she received definitely made her happy and seeing her smile makes me happy as well.]
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
crosswithyou

PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2014 12:25 am Reply with quote
Crazy that a spoiler[beetle] can cost go for so much. ^^; Very curious about spoiler[Naru's parents.]

This series better get a second season somewhere down the road. There's still so much material to cover that the remaining episodes definitely won't get to.

I also hope we won't have to wait too long for a domestic release. Since the Japanese version doesn't include any bonuses, I'll be buying the North American BD this time.
dtm42

PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2014 4:26 am Reply with quote
Well that was a lovely episode. Took Sensei long enough to realise that Naru's parents weren't around, but I guess it shows he is starting to open up and think about stuff other than calligraphy. I liked the way he compared Naru to the sunflowers; just because they both will survive on their own doesn't mean you can't show them some TLC.
kobolds

PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2014 7:37 pm Reply with quote
dtm42 wrote:
Well that was a lovely episode. Took Sensei long enough to realise that Naru's parents weren't around, but I guess it shows he is starting to open up and think about stuff other than calligraphy. I liked the way he compared Naru to the sunflowers; just because they both will survive on their own doesn't mean you can't show them some TLC.

This is my assumption about naru parent
1. in obon festival, people only mention naru grandmother , we can assume that her parent is still alive .
2. naru already live with her grandparent long before her grandma passed away
3. i don't think naru is a abandon child that her grandpa pickup . because , no one would abandon child in a rural area. and if naru is from someone in the village that passed away , there should be a grave.
4. i believe naru from single mother and abandon to her grandparent . perhaps naru mother didn't know that her mother (naru grandmother) had passed away
crosswithyou

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2014 8:01 pm Reply with quote
D'oh! So much for not having to buy the Japanese release... I just found out they announced an event for the series and of course the advanced ticket applications are in the first and second volumes. *sigh*

Now, do I go the cheap route and buy from Amazon or buy from Animate at full price to get the storage box? >___<
getchman
Space Cowboy

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2014 8:25 pm Reply with quote
best of luck on that. while you are thinking, do you know why its not airing this week?
crosswithyou

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2014 9:49 pm Reply with quote
getchman wrote:
best of luck on that. while you are thinking, do you know why its not airing this week?

It's not?? ^^;

*checks official site* Looks like some other special program is taking its slot so they're airing the episode the week after.

Well nuts, that's one less thing to look forward to this week. =(((( Is this going to affect streaming though? It looks like the episode will only be delayed on NTV. It doesn't mention any of the other stations (though probably most if not all other stations are probably already a week late because they started airing later than Tokyo).
getchman
Space Cowboy

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2014 9:56 pm Reply with quote
GokuMew2 wrote:
Is this going to affect streaming though?

yes. funimation posted on facebook that there wont be a new ep of this, Sengoku Basara, Psycho Pass, and Terror in Tokyo this week
crosswithyou

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2014 10:11 pm Reply with quote
getchman wrote:
yes. funimation posted on facebook that there wont be a new ep of this, Sengoku Basara, Psycho Pass, and Terror in Tokyo this week

Pooie.
ookamigirl

PostPosted: Sat Sep 06, 2014 3:28 pm Reply with quote

spoiler[Seishuu looking for new inspiration.
He sure got defeated by a bathtub fast enough LOL
At least he learned how to do another new thing.
Damn, his fear of bugs always has such funny outcomes.
Naru on fire duty... not the best choice.
Poor Seishuu never has any privacy at all.
The bullying part was kinda weird-ish but funny too.
Naru just wasn't having a good day.. neither was sensei...
Still he managed to see some really nice nature & find his inspiration.]
Stark700

PostPosted: Sat Sep 06, 2014 4:48 pm Reply with quote
Episode 9
Another funny episode ! Oh poor spoiler[sensei, he can never catch a break. And poor Naru, I thought she almost broke her nose when she attempted to be Tarzan.]

The spoiler[girls in this series are so amusing to watch with their tomboyish behavior too.]
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
crosswithyou

PostPosted: Sat Sep 06, 2014 7:28 pm Reply with quote
I just about died and literally LOLed when spoiler[Handa sensei threw the termite twig on the village chief and termites crawled all over him. XDDD] Also the entire scene with the kids from the neighboring village. Tons of laughs this episode.
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2014 5:03 am Reply with quote
GokuMew2 wrote:
I just about died and literally LOLed when spoiler[Handa sensei threw the termite twig on the village chief and termites crawled all over him. XDDD]

I lost it at that part too, it was just perfectly done.

Also, has anyone else ever been faced with the problem of dealing with kids without getting in trouble. Had a young kid punch where it hurts when I was a Cub Scout leader, I got quite annoyed at my sister and mother who were their section leaders and acted as if it was not that big of a deal. there is trouble in trying to keep intimidation or respect and sinking to their level is really tempting.
Jacquipuff

PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2014 1:17 pm Reply with quote
Lots of fairly immature behavior from Sensei this episode, my favorite instance probably being when spoiler[he completely fails to make the simple dish Hiro teaches him, and then lies that the one Hiro made also tastes bad, so as not to seem like the only failure.]

DuskyPredator wrote:
GokuMew2 wrote:
I just about died and literally LOLed when spoiler[Handa sensei threw the termite twig on the village chief and termites crawled all over him. XDDD]

I lost it at that part too, it was just perfectly done.

Yeah, me too, I love it when relatively tiny gags such as that one can be done in just such a way that they become hilarious.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 7 of 10