• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Attack on Titan - [adult swim] / Toonami broadcast.

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Akane the Catgirl

PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2014 12:17 pm Reply with quote
Eren...are you okay? S-stop it Eren. This wasn't supposed to happen, Eren. Stop it. I get you hate Titans, but you don't need to be so...

Anyhoo, not a lot happened. spoiler[ Most of it was planning (reminds me of a NERV operation), and the scouts going bugf***k insane and suicidal. Maybe I was expecting something different, but that's just me. It's not...BAD persay, but after a whole bunch of action-y episodes, getting hit with one dedicated to the Trost campaign was kind of whiplash-y.

Mikasa is still awesome, Josh Grelle as Armin is still fan-effing-tastic, and there's a whole lot of emotion overall. Dot Pixis is also really cool, and I'd happily become a Scout if he were my leader. He'd write wonderful motivation speeches.

Next time, a lot of people die! Maybe...don't kill anyone I like...]

[EDIT: You missed the opening spoiler tag. And I didn't wanna' read your whole post in fear of being spoiled, so I just put the open tag towards the top of the first paragraph to be safe. -TK]
Panzer Vor

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2014 12:23 am Reply with quote
Hange couldn't make it this week, but at least Jean's back. Now on with this week's installment of AoT Twitter commentary!

Micah Solusod @maioceaneyes · 2h
GUYS, SHUT UP. @JoshGrelle IS SPEAKING. #AttackOnTitan #EarCandy

Mike McFarland @MikeMcFarlandVA · 2h
.@kylehebert doesn't think this is a good idea. #AttackOnTitan

You know that's @marchimark acting, because the real Jamie NEVER retreats! #AttackOnTitan

Jamie Marchi @marchimark · 2h
But I bet if I did order a retreat, I would have gotten some horses. #AttackOnTitan

Clifford Chapin @CliffordChapin · 2h
CONNY! Stop questioning Jean! That's @MikeMcFarlandVA, the director! You're gonna get me fired! >_< #AttackOnTitan

Micah Solusod @maioceaneyes · 2h
"I can't see... what day is it?" - Me after a convention #AttackOnTitan

Josh Grelle @JoshGrelle · 1h
"Armin's like a badass Butters"-@iantweeting #truth #AttackOnTitan #Toonami
Akane the Catgirl

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2014 11:09 am Reply with quote
On this episode of Attack on Titan, Mikasa was awesome, Jean angsted, everybody panicked, and Armin did some pretty badass stuff.

And now onto spoilers, because this is a late entry, and the next episode is the finale of the Battle of Trost arc.

spoiler[So, we had a berserk EVA 01 thing going on at the beginning of this episode. Now I can't get the image of Eren dressed in Shinji's EVA pilot uniform.

What was up with that dream Eren was having while he was out? Let's see...he was with his family, his mom's alive, and Mikasa's there. So...he's stuck in a time between Mikasa's being orphaned, and the destruction of Wall Maria. Is it like getting Tanged?

Also, Armin reminding his friend about going to see the outside world and being free of the walls was very awesome indeed. Go Armin!

And...that's it. No notable Titans, no notable deaths, just that. And that's fine. Next episode will be awesomeness and death.]

Those are my thoughts! See you next week for the end of the Battle of Trost arc!
Panzer Vor

PostPosted: Sun Aug 03, 2014 12:07 am Reply with quote
Armin couldn't really do the live-tweeting thing this week, but Hange's back, and she's as lewd as ever.

#AttackOnTitan; it's what's for dinner! ...wait, that's not right... #Toonami

Jessica Calvello @JessicaCalvello · 1h
Why is the trigger so stiff... #typicalsaturdaynightforme #AttackOnTitan #AttackOnToonami

How does Annie's hair always look so perfect? #notfair #AttackOnTitan #AttackOnToonami

Clifford Chapin @CliffordChapin · 1h
Who's the better surfer, Dandy from #SpaceDandy or Annie from #AttackOnTitan?

GUESS WHAT'S GONNA BE PLUGGED, YOU GUYS #TeamHole #AttackOnTitan #AttackOnToonami

Mike McFarland @MikeMcFarlandVA · 1h
Go team Mitabi! Shove things in places! #AttackOnTitan

MY HOLE IS NOW PLUGGED #feelingsad #typicalsaturdaynightforme #AttackOnTitan #AttackOnToonami

"He's fused to the carcass!" #typicalsaturdaynightforme #what #AttackOnTitan #AttackOnToonami

AND THE FANGIRLS GO WILD!! AHHHHH!!! Levi's here guys. We can all go home now. #AttackOnTitan

It's just like that expression, "Shooting Titans in a Trost!" ...or is it fish? I can't remember... #AttackOnTitan

"I guess he'll never yell back "Polo" now..." Jean #AttackOnTitan

gelatinous hairballs... #itswhatfordinner #AttackOnTitan #AttackOnToonami

TITAN HAIRBALLS ARE NASTY! #AttackOnTitan

I've got a lot of questions, Erwin! Starting with "where are the rest of my sandwiches for my picnic?!" #AttackOnTitan

In other news: spoiler[Alas, poor Marco.]
Akane the Catgirl

PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2014 7:27 am Reply with quote
^ Alas, indeed. Poor Jean. I wouldn't imagine what it would be like to stumble upon spoiler[your best friend's corpse], thinking that everything was going to be alright.

Anyway, I finally caught up with the first part of the show. Eren was pretty awesome in this episode. Actually, it would be more accurate to say that humanity was awesome throughout this episode. I freaking love this anime's viewpoint on humanity. Sure, we humans are flawed and start fights and act like a-holes in general. Still, our world is worth saving, and we need to get our act together because we're awesome and we can do it.

Also, IT'S LEVI. We're getting into Levi in the second half! Yay! Can't wait to finish Season One. Right now, however it's more important for me to finish EVA. Gotta watch all the essential anime!
Panzer Vor

PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2014 12:11 am Reply with quote
Jean and Armin couldn't make it tonight, and Conny didn't say much, but Hange's out in full force.

Didja see Conny in the opening? That's his only appearance in tonight's episode. My work here is done. G'Night everybody! #AttackOnTitan

OH HI CAN I TALK TO YOU ABOUT OUR LORD AND SAVIOR, HANGE? #AttackOnTitan #TeamHange #TeamHangeZoe

Thorough sniff... #typicalsaturdaynightforme #AttackOnTitan #TeamHange #TeamHangeZoe

ERGO, I HAVE AMAZING EYEBROWS #TeamEyebrows #AttackOnTitan

YOU GONNA ACT LIKE A BITCH I'MMINA KICK YOU LIKE A BITCH. #AttackOnTitan #TeamLevi

Meanwhile, as this is all happening, Conny is watching Sasha eat and thinks, "If only I were that potato..." #AttackOnTitan

Micah Solusod @maioceaneyes · 1h
Welcome to the audition process at Funimation. #AttackOnTitan

In other news: Ian Sinclair as Nile makes me think more about Space Dandy than anything else. Also, who here has played Fire Emblem: Awakening?

Akane the Catgirl

PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2014 12:43 pm Reply with quote
^ I haven't!

And yes, Hange and Levi are pure, unadulterated awesome. Hange is hilarious and reminds me of Dr. Franken Stein on antidepressants. Levi, of course, is awesome and seems to know what's going on more than anybody. I like these two. And Mikasa and Armin and Sasha and DOT FREAKING PIXIS, don't forget them.

Spoiler time!

spoiler[Wow, that beat-down from Levi must have really hurt. Sheesh. Good thing Eren can heal.

Eren himself was very sympathetic throughout the whole ordeal. From the crazy cultists to the military police, everyone's afraid of him. For good reason, but that's beside the point.

Hange is really, really funny. That is all.

Also, from what I got from the (just as epic) second opening, there are more EVA pilots, I mean, Titan-Shifters. Sorry about that.]

And that's all for now! Can't wait for the next episode!
Agent355

PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2014 3:39 pm Reply with quote
Hange is indeed awesome (and her VA seems like a lot of fun), but I wish she would lend some of her antidepressants/uppers/whatever she's on to Levi, who comes across as a grumpy jerk most of the time (and yet is beloved and embraced by fans). Actually, maybe I wouldn't have that much of a problem with him if the majority fan reaction to him weren't opposite my reaction to him.

Thanks for transcribing tweets, Panzer Vor. I love watching the show "live" on tv so I can read what people are tweeting about it, but I don't always get to do that, so I enjoy reading your tweet recaps. I'd love it if you added popular/trending/particularly funny tweets by people who don't work on the show to your list (I guess that'd be a whole lot of work, though).
Panzer Vor

PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2014 12:17 am Reply with quote
Conny couldn't make it and Hange's working on Pacific time (on account of Jessica Calvello being at Ani-Jam in Fresno right now), but never fear, Jean and Armin are here.

Josh Grelle @JoshGrelle · 2h
The tongue biting makes my stomach churn every time. I've ridden horses. That crap sucks #AttackOnTitan

We need to get @matthewmercer to cosplay Levi. But in the cleaning attire. #AttackOnTitan

Miche likes to smell things. Just ask @jason2040. #AttackOnTitan

Hange wants to science you so hard. #AttackOnTitan

Inquiring minds wonder; does @JessicaCalvello pursue her own glorious explorations in the name of science? Film at 11 #AttackOnTitan

Life with Titans, a new sit-com starring Hange. #AttackOnTitan

Sawney gets sleepy, but Beane wants to PARTY ALL NIGHT! #AttackOnTitan

I don't know about you but I'm going Team Bean. When's the Titan fight? @JessicaCalvello will referee. #teamHange #AttackOnTitan

LOUD OUT OF NOWHERE! HANGE! #AttackOnTitan

Hange = all sorts of crazy. In the best way. #AttackOnTitan

Crap.... Guess it's a tie? Team Bean.. We had a good run. #AttackOnTitan

Jessica said she'd be live-tweeting the west coast broadcast, so I'll get some Hange tweets up later.
Panzer Vor

PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2014 3:09 am Reply with quote
And as promised, Hange tweets from the west coast airing!

Levi looks so damned cute when he's cleaning... #AttackOnTitan #TeamLevi #domahwinders @matthewmercer

Hello, Eren... I will experiment on you. Bend over. #AttackOnTitan #TheHangeShow #TeamHange

I wonder what Hange reeeally does with those Titans. #justwondering #AttackOnTitan #TheHangeShow #TeamHange

DON'T MAKE FUN OF MY NAMING PROCESS #AttackOnTitan #TheHangeShow #TeamHange

mmmmmm.... blood clots and intestinal lining... #itswhatsfordinner #hork #AttackOnTitan #TheHangeShow #TeamHange

I am going to work the phrase "I KICKED THE SEVERED HEAD" into every sentence from now on. #AttackOnTitan #TheHangeShow #TeamHange

I AM NOT OFF. I AM SCIENCE. #AttackOnTitan #TheHangeShow #TeamHange #SCIENCE

"We may be here a while." #12hourslater #AttackOnTitan #TheHangeShow #TeamHange

I AM NOT STARK RAVING MAD I AM VERY SAD YOU GUYS HAVE NO SYMPATHY BITE ME #AttackOnTitan #TheHangeShow #TeamHange

spoiler[Ok, for reals, I actually teared up in the booth recording the death of Sawney and Beane scene. :(] #AttackOnTitan #TheHangeShow #TeamHange

spoiler[When I found out who took out my Titan babbies, you're gonna hafta answer to Mama Hange.] #goodluck #AttackOnTitan #TheHangeShow #TeamHange

Jessica Calvello is right. The second half of the series might as well be the Hange Show, because Hange steals most of the scenes she's in.
Akane the Catgirl

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2014 1:36 pm Reply with quote
I'm finally caught up, and let me say the following:

HANGE IS AWESOME.

God, I love Hange. It's pretty clear that Jessica Calvello is having too much fun playing this role. Hange is so funny and so insane, and I adore characters like her. She reminds me of what Edward from Cowboy Bebop would have been like if she'd been raised in this world.

Anyway, god was this episode funny. From Oluo biting his tongue to Levi's shortness and cleaning obsession, to getting pure, undiluted Hange in the second half, and couldn't stop laughing. Coincidentally, the new episode of Space Dandy I was afterwards was also pretty hilarious. Overall, I felt much better off. My only complaint was that there wasn't enough focus on the other scouts. But still, there was Hange. So I'm satisfied.

Looks like we've got another mystery on our hands. Who killed spoiler[Sawyer and Bean]? And yes, those two were, in fact, named after an actual head of a family of cannibals. Could this be evidence that spoiler[this is set in the far future of our world]? Or is it a coincidence?
ChibiKangaroo

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2014 10:56 pm Reply with quote
Panzer Vor

PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2014 12:32 am Reply with quote
Jean couldn't make it this week, but Conny and Hange have things covered. Armin also has some words of praise for Conny, Sasha, and Jean.

Jessica Calvello @JessicaCalvello · 2h
I KNOW THEY WERE VALUABLE TEST SUBJECTS WHY DOES NO ONE LISTEN TO ME #AttackOnTitan #TeamHange #TeamHangeZoe

Oh suck it up you big crybaby!! You're making me look bad! >:[ #AttackOnTitan #ConnyStyle

Feed the horsies, Eren. Good boy. #AttackOnTitan #TeamEren #TeamHorsies

I'm not scared of the Titans. I love them. #mahkids #AttackOnTitan #TeamHange #TeamHangeZoe

CAN YOU GIVE EVERYTHING FOR HUMANITY. #thatisall #AttackOnTitan

"But first, ask yourself: do these pants chafe for anyone else?" What Conny heard. #AttackOnTitan

THEY WOULDN'T EAT YOU IF YOU SHOWED THEM LOVE! #AttackOnTitan #TeamHange #TeamHangeZoe

Josh Grelle @JoshGrelle · 2h
Mad props to @CliffordChapin @MikeMcFarlandVA and Ashley Burch for that scene. Powerful stuff guys. #AttackOnTitan #Toonami

I left home hoping to make my 'rents proud, too, Conny. No giant naked zombie babies in Texas, though. #AttackOnTitan

Subjecting you to any cruel experiments...? #waitforit #AttackOnTitan #TeamHange #TeamHangeZoe

THIS CAPE MAKES ME FEEL LIKE A SUPERHERO!! #AttackOnTitan

Jean: "I heard you tried to crush Mikasa."
Conny whispers to Sasha: "Eren has a crush on Mikasa? Aren't they siblings?!" D: #AttackOnTitan
Akane the Catgirl

PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2014 1:15 am Reply with quote
On this episode of Attack on Titan, we spent time with Eren's buddies as they make the decision to join him and the Scouts. Jean mourns his friend, Mikasa is a dutiful bodyguard, and Connie and Sasha panic.

My favorite scenes in this episode were the ones with Jean Kirchstein in them. Damn, Mike McFarland can act, especially during the cremation scene and the recruitment scene. Everyone, really, was at their top form this episode. Good stuff. I don't have much more to say because my God I am so tired, so I'll see you soon.

Next time, a Female Titan appears! She uses Titan powers! It's very effective!
Panzer Vor

PostPosted: Sun Sep 07, 2014 2:48 am Reply with quote
Just another Saturday night on Twitter with Jean Kirschtein, Armin Arlert, and Hange Zoe:

Other highlights from Jean, Armin, and Hange's feeds:

Josh Grelle @JoshGrelle · 3h
Naughty Armin sneaking a peep up the lady Titans skir- oh, wait, she's naked... And.. Skinless. Eww #AttackOnTitan #TeamArmin #Toonami

Mike McFarland @MikeMcFarlandVA · 3h
"Nice ass for an abnormal, you gotta admit." #AttackOnTitan

Jessica Calvello @JessicaCalvello · 3h
Female Titan be like... "Your hair style looks just like mine, I must let you live." #AttackOnTitan #TeamArmin

Female Titan be like "Yo Armin... what hair product do you use, I must let you live." #AttackOnTitan #TeamArmin #TeamHairProduct

Titan Female be like "Armin, is that hair color natural, I must let you live." #AttackOnTitan #TeamArmin #TeamNaturalBlond

Female Titan be like "Yo Armin, I've tried teasing, but I just can't get that volume, I must let you live." #AttackOnTitan #TeamArmin

Pop goes the Reiner

I love it when people go straight for my nape. #typicalsaturdaynightforme #AttackOnTitan

Whatever Reiner had for breakfast needs to be distributed to all the troops ASAP #AttackOnTitan #Toonami

Female Titan be like "Yo Armin, does the carpet match the drapes, I must let you live." #Icantstop #AttackOnTitan #TeamHairProduct
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 4 of 6