• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
DRAMAtical Murder (TV).

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Gina Szanboti

PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2014 8:27 pm Reply with quote
Is "Scrap" really the coolest sounding name they could come up with for this power? Very Happy
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2014 12:47 am Reply with quote
Episode 7

Yep, absolutely no symbolism from spoiler[saying that he uses his needle to plant the seed and that he thrusts it with all his soul]. Nothing either about Aoba saying that he was spoiler[going to go inside his friend].
Jacquipuff

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2014 10:40 am Reply with quote
Oh, I see, so this is how they're gonna get through everyone's storylines, one per episode, and then the last few episodes will probably have the "true ending" storyline. So this episode was basically a compressed version of Koujaku's route. I already mentioned on the first page of this thread that Koujaku was my favorite character in the game...

...so even though this episode sped-up the events, I was still smiling so hard by the end of it. Because basically everything after spoiler[Aoba enters Koujaku's mind] made me think of the good ending for this route in the game, which is so adorable...and even though the circumstances are different than in the game, I'm so glad they included spoiler[Aoba and Koujaku holding hands.] And then they even had a special ending song by Itou Kanako, who sings Koujaku's theme songs for the game, and whose music I really love...okay I'll stop now before I devolve into rambling (too late!)
CrowLia

PostPosted: Fri Aug 22, 2014 12:24 am Reply with quote
I half-dropped the show in episode 4, mostly because I'm just watching too much stuff right now and it had so far failed to catch my attention. Now here's a question: Has there been any actual BL stuff? Like real stuff, not just subtle "it's there if you squint" stuff. Just to know if it's worth picking it up again
RestLessone

PostPosted: Fri Aug 22, 2014 1:03 am Reply with quote
CrowLia wrote:
I half-dropped the show in episode 4, mostly because I'm just watching too much stuff right now and it had so far failed to catch my attention. Now here's a question: Has there been any actual BL stuff? Like real stuff, not just subtle "it's there if you squint" stuff. Just to know if it's worth picking it up again

There was an actual kiss between spoiler[Noiz and Aoba, but they played it as Aoba not wanting it and Noiz seeing it in a platonic light.] Beyond that, nothing overtly BL. Plus, with the way episodes are set up, Aoba is likely to have close encounters with them all, so it's not like you can read just one as canon romance. I wouldn't hold my breath.

Note that I would like the series to surprise us.
LewisLe

PostPosted: Fri Aug 22, 2014 4:44 am Reply with quote
Obviously there won't be as blatant bl scenes as in the game. In the anime Aoba tends to develop a more-than-friend relationship with other characters. We can see the bond between them, but not "love". Many games are adapted to anime in this way. Razz
ookamigirl

PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2014 2:10 pm Reply with quote

spoiler[Noiz was just trying to help, but Aoba overreacted.
It wasn't necessary to injure him.
So their goal is to awaken the other Aoba..
Guess they're gonna keep putting him in stressful situations to do that.
Noiz's hands are full of scars.
He's either very clumsy or a sign of his not so happy past.
At least Aoba & Noiz managed to spend some quality time together.
In the end he got saved by Aoba too.]
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2014 7:51 am Reply with quote
Episode 8

How convenient. If he could not spoiler[feel pain in regular life but could feel it in a game, shouldn't that have meant the problem was with his body and not his mind]? But how is he spoiler[feeling pain afterwards]?
Merida

PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2014 10:02 am Reply with quote
DuskyPredator wrote:
Episode 8

How convenient. If he could not spoiler[feel pain in regular life but could feel it in a game, shouldn't that have meant the problem was with his body and not his mind]? But how is he spoiler[feeling pain afterwards]?

It's the power of spoiler[ "magically healing gay sex"] of course, unfortuantely they couldn''t show that bit in the anime... Wink

I was hoping they'd make a bit of more of an effort to combine the different routes then just spoiler[ "So what do we do with Koujaku while Noiz's story is in progress? Uh, let's just make him seleep all day, i'm sure nobody will notice.", though...]
Dessa

PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2014 10:04 am Reply with quote
DuskyPredator wrote:
Episode 8

I don't know how realistic it is, but I've seen other series where the spoiler[inability to feel pain] was because of a spoiler[block in the pain receptors of the mind,] so it would make sense that spoiler[healing his mind] would fix that as well.
Gina Szanboti

PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2014 8:25 pm Reply with quote
Scrap is love. Love is God. Scrap is God. Praise Scrap.
Jacquipuff

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2014 9:23 am Reply with quote
Merida wrote:
I was hoping they'd make a bit of more of an effort to combine the different routes then just spoiler[ "So what do we do with Koujaku while Noiz's story is in progress? Uh, let's just make him seleep all day, i'm sure nobody will notice.", though...]

Yeah, me too, and we still have Clear and Mink's stories to go through, so it makes me wonder what they're going to do. Are they just going to spoiler[have everyone sleep for a few days, then wake up and continue the main storyline?]

Anyway, this episode...well, I feel about the same about it as I did the corresponding route in the game: not particularly liking Noiz's personality, then feeling sorry for him when more about him is revealed, and finally spoiler["Oh, really? You're gonna do that?" when Aoba's entering his mind was able to fix his inability to feel pain.] By the very end of his route in the game, I liked him better, but I'm sure we're not going to get the very end in this adaptation, since that would turn the BL from "hinted" to "overt", so...I guess I'll just have to continue feeling "meh" for anime Noiz.

And just like with Koujaku's episode, the ending theme for this episode is sung by the person who does Noiz's themes from the game. I feel "meh" for the song, too, I suppse...
ookamigirl

PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2014 1:55 pm Reply with quote

spoiler[Clear comes to Aoba's rescue.
The shower part was a big deal.
Clear finally showed his face!
To think he was hiding such a pretty face..
The brainwashing music was having a negative effect on Aoba.
He sure is a special guy.
Hope Clear won't wear that mask again.
He doesn't need it at all.
Wtf?! Clear has clones? And they work for Toue!
Looks like he isn't even human..
All that explains why he had the mask on all the time.
Still, shame that his role ended so soon..]
Gina Szanboti

PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2014 8:28 pm Reply with quote
Episode 9

At least we got to hear Clear's song again. The ED was nice too. I liked that episode, even if spoiler[the outcome was sad. Though I expect we might get him back, having a genius hacker or two among them.]
Merida

PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2014 1:38 am Reply with quote
Jacquipuff wrote:
Merida wrote:

Yeah, me too, and we still have Clear and Mink's stories to go through, so it makes me wonder what they're going to do. Are they just going to spoiler[have everyone sleep for a few days, then wake up and continue the main storyline?]

Looks like Koujaku was still resting while Noiz was busy playing Rhyme - good thing spoiler[Clear is conveniently broken now,] so they don't have to come up with anything stupid for him next week...

But well, i liked this episode since Clear's route is probably my favourite aside from spoiler[the "true ending"] and at least they didn't spoiler[ruin it completey, although it was more poignant in the game IMO.]
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4